Scrabo Golf Club

White 71 6227 yards
Green 71 5978 yards
Red (W) 72 5216 yards
Scorecard for Scrabo Golf Club
White M: 69.7/119 459 163 415 128 555 313 320 318 565 3236 322 474 443 204 384 378 345 145 296 2991 6227
Green M: 69.0/115 404 127 409 122 501 305 320 315 561 3064 319 464 441 182 375 374 342 121 296 2914 5978
Red W: 67.1/113 401 134 381 113 436 286 145 252 519 2667 278 393 404 193 298 273 311 106 293 2549 5216

Year Built 1907

Great fun

Course is in very good condition for the time of year. A proper test of golf in the wind. Great fun. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Great as always

Love the place. True test of golf. Cannot recommend highly enough. Considering the amount of rain we have had the course was in great condition. Love it. Friendly staff in the pro shop and nice pint afterwards!

A true test in the wind

If you think you're better than you are Scrabo in the wind will put manners on you. Great course that you have to think your way round. It's not how far it's how many and there are no pictures on a scorecard. All joking aside Scrabo is brilliant. Pro was very helpful and good craic. Greens were great and you could attack them because they were soft. Go and play it!

Not a long course by today's standards but the small greens and narrow fairways make it a challenging course.

Spectacular views from just about everywhere around the course

Brilliant as ever

Despite the hot weather we've been having the greens are immaculate. Clearly been getting plenty of water because despite the fairways being bouncy the greens are receptive and you can go at them. Course is so dry at the moment it has a links feel about it. Stunning as always!

Great day's golf

Course was in fantastic order, great value for money and Andy the owner was very hospitable, great pint of Guinness afterwards too !!!!! Would highly recommend Scrabo, challenging but fair on a great layout....

Great course with some spectacular views.

Challenging with some tight shots and a lot of gorse bushes.

Brilliant as ever

Course is in great condition. Fast pace of play for a Saturday afternoon. Course is firm and dry which makes shot selection tricky. Land it short and let it run to the green would be a tip particularly for 13 and 18.

Course is in great condition

Course is playing really well. Dry and firm. Loads of run on the fairways. Greens are a good speed and will no doubt get quicker. Always love playing Scrabo and will be back.

A must play course, at least once !

Scrabo has an interesting layout on top of one of the highest hills in the area. Unfortunately it was extremely wet and difficult to walk. Would like to play it on a nicer, dryer and warmer day. Relatively good condition for this time of year. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Food was good in restaurant after the round.

Hidden Gem

Scrabo golf club is about 20 minutes outside Belfast on the outskirts of Newtownards never judge a book by its cover is a very true cleshy when it come to Scrabo golf club. On arrival the car park is quite deceiving of what this club has to offer.

If you don’t like hills then this course is not for you. Checking in with pro shop was friendly and a pleasant experience efficient and also well stocked if it is your first time lots off friendly advice and tips. The course itself is outstanding with plenty of challenges for even the most seasoned golfer. Course management is a must there are lots of hazards just waiting to trip you up from bunkers to guaze bushes to rolling hills and elevated greens and challenging pin positions. The views from around the course are stunning even if your golf is off the scenery more than makes up for it. After 18 holes you know you have had a good work out . On course the 4 ball in front keep us right and members came up and asked us how we got on. I would recommend this club and course to any golfer who wanted a great round of golf and some outstanding sencery add in I look forward to playing the course again when it is a bit warmer

Scrabo gc

What an experience. First impression was great the views were breath taking. Club looked alittle dated. Pro shop was well stocked. The first hole was a treat to play. This would have been the most difficult course iv played since I began playing if the temporary tees weren't in use. Tight gorse, elevated tees and greens there was hardly any flat parts to the fairways. So alot of ball above and below feet. I gave up on the driver after loosing my 4th ball. A real test for your golf game. Friendly members showed us about. And I loved that every hole was different and asked many questions of my abilities. I will be back in spring and hope the greens will be open. Tee boxes and fairways well mentained. Reasonably dry compared to amount of frost and rain. But we'll worth it. But get a buggy!!!!

J I

Excellent course well laid all the holes different greens were the best I have seen for ages Superb deal I fully recommend this course

Excellent course

First time I have played Scrabo and glad we chose it. It is a challenging course but with some average difficulty holes as well.

I would recommend that you get a buggy if possible as the course is quite hilly in places. There are quite a few blind tee shots so we found the buggy particularly useful to have a quick look up the fairway to see exactly what awaited us.

There are stunning views and each hole is unique. I highly recommend this course for mid-handicappers and below

Monday at Scrabo

After getting a 'Hot Deal' for a 9.20 tee-time, I was very much looking forward to playing a course I had walked past many times during the years while visiting Scrabo Tower.

Arriving at the Pro Shop, I was told that the tee was free and I could go on ahead if I wished. Standing on the 1st tee, a blind up-hill Par4 (with the usual 1st tee nerves) with wind against me... here we go!

Beautiful course, kept talking to myself about just how well presented it was and so many challenging holes. Bit of confusion on the 8th tee-the 11th tee box right beside me-it wasn't clear that the fairways cross over so I was halfway up the "8th" before realising I was playing the 11th!

A great mix of links style with undulating fairways/gorse bushes and proper parklands kept the interest right up until the final shot into the 18th green..with some breathtaking views over the Louth (the 2nd green was a particular favourite).

Highly recommend, great value for money and a joy to play. I will 100% be returning

Must play

Second time I have played this course and it was even more enjoyable because of the favourable weather. The guy in the pro shop was once again very friendly and welcoming, and the course was in great condition. The best parts are every hole is beautiful and interesting and the views are breathtaking. Hardly anyone on the course either which was great. You must play this if you haven't already.

Lovely golf course with excellent views , every hole has something different. Not for the faint hearted as the whin bushes focus you to keep your drives straight .. Can't wait now to get playi this great natural course again ,,, thumbs up ..

Super wee track

As you can see just played this course on Easter Monday .We arrived early hoping to get a bite to eat before we went out but food service does not start to 12 however the barman went and spoke to the chef who gladly to say made us our breakfast at 11.30 so the day got off to a good start and only got better as the rain cleared away and there was very little wind . The tee box was all clearly marked from each green as in what way to next tee ,the fairway was in excellent condition when you found them and the greens were superb even though they had been raked , very fast in places .Overall a very good day out and certainly good value at £12 per golfer .Give it a try it won't disappoint,although if the wind blows it will be testing.

Considering the amount of rain we've had the course is in fantastic shape. Great spot. Always loved it. Will be back!

Conlig, County Down
Conlig, County Down
Holywood, County Down
Holywood, County Down

Valid dates: Nov 16, 2018 - Apr 30, 2019
Enjoy an overnight resort stay, soaking in our Mineral Therapy Pool, and two 18-hole rounds of golf with a cart, starting at only $239 + tax.