View of the bridge from the entrance to Eagle Landing and the 10th hole

Style Links

The 7,037 yard Clyde Johnston design at Eagle Landing weaves through the Florida landscape and takes on a vintage feel as he incorporates several of the classic design holes from around the world into the par-72 layout.

"My goal, says Johnston is to intersperse classic holes such as the Redan Hole, the Eden, and the Cardinal into the routing in order to lend a sense of purity to the golf experience at Eagle Landing. Those individual designs are so technically and aesthetically complete that they can truly elevate a golfing experience."

Johnston's philosophy in designing a Club course remains the same as his other courses; begin each nine relatively easy and progressively get harder. The Eagle Landing course offers six sets of tees, from championship to youth tees, allowing the course to play as easy or as difficult as desired. Johnston's previous designs in northeast Florida include Eagle Harbor Golf Club, St. Johns Golf & Country Club, and Jacksonville Golf & Country Club.

Eagle Landing also offers a magnificent golf clubhouse with sports bar, fully-stocked pro shop, his and her locker rooms, and an elegant restaurant overlooking sparkling water and lush fairways. The staff of PGA professionals will coordinate a host of exciting tournaments and events on the course and in the clubhouse.

Eagle Landing Golf Club

Year Built 2006
Fairways Bermuda 419 Grass
Greens Bermuda 419 Grass
Architect Clyde Johnston (2006) MacCurrach Golf (2006)

Good course

Everything was good on this course except for the starter. He was very rude even though I was right on time. Conditions were better than all the places I’ve played in the last 2 months. I’d go back, especially at the $18 price on Golfnow

TPC Hacks

Unfortunately, TPC audience had to find a place to go and this course was one location. Seemed like they had no clue about etiquette or pace of play. Group in front of us drove cart right to edge of green and kept thinking they could hit a 3 wood 250 yards. Yep, and then dribbled it 50. Took my twosome 4 hours and 50 minutes to play 18.

My suggestion to course if this ever happens again is to add more rangers than the one to keep players moving.

Excellent round but the starter could be friendlier

We enjoyed the course very much but would like the starter to have a bit friendlier welcoming attitude. Also the pro shop needs more women’s apparel with Eagle Landing logo.

Breakfast and lunch was very VERY enjoyable. Really love the clubhouse and the attitudes of the staff there.

Pace of play

Walked in the pro shop 30 minutes before our tee time. There was a line of 16 golfers who were already late for their tee time. Pro shop sent the 16 golfers to the starter when they were already late for the TWO tee times they had. You heard me right - 16 golfers and only 2 tee times. The poor starter was now stuck with this mess because the pro shop wouldn’t. The starter sent the 2 additional groups out backing up our tee time. The group was incredibly slow yet no ranger to move them along. Poor management from the pro shop and throughout the course.

Eagle does it again

Great course every time we play it. It poured rain for 2 days straight before we played and we teed off at 756 the following day. They had cart path only but by hole 8 they went back to regular cart rules. Impressive. Always looks great and plays great. Can’t go wrong here.

Must play

Great course, great greens, challenging tract. Add this to list of must play

Best Course I played in the Jacksonville area

Play on a cool Florida morning and found the course in really good shape. The course offered up challenges but also opportunities to score. Staff and food was excellent!

Nice course in good condition for winter. Pace of play was a bit slow, so we ended up having the group behind us join up. We still waited on every hole. Greens were very fast. The fastest that we played on the entire time in Florida. This is a fu course. We try to play it when in the area. Great value.

Management ruined it.

Eagle landing is usually one of those courses you would choose to play because the pace is regulated by marshals...... that is until “the boss” is on the course. We tees off as a foursome behind 2 threesomes which on the second hole became a six. When we spoke the course superintendent we were told “that’s the boss. What do you want me to do?” My men’s group routinely plays the course bringing 40+ guys and we get get pushed by the marshal to keep up pace. Doesn’t apply to the ones doing the pushing. Our 4 hour round turned into over 5 hours. Not fun at all. Especially when paying $60+. Also if you book on Golfnow you don’t the all inclusive lunch special.

Homecoming

This used to be my home course. I livedin the area for 8 years and played here several hundred times and it was always a great club. I moved away to Dallas and have been gone overa year and in that year, it's hard tobelieve, butthe courseis much improved. I couldn't believe how smooth the greens were considering the winter conditions. The staff continuity is very impressive as well. Obviously a club guys really enjoy working for.

I have always loved Eagle Landing Golf Course they keep it in great shape will always take the opportunity play this course

Fun

Starter was not very friendly. Used bad language and was disrespectful

Best course in orange Park

My favorite course to play in this area. Greens always nice and fast. The ruff doesn’t punish you if you miss the fairway. Challenging but not too difficult to play. Greet chipping and putting ares to practice before your round. Big driving range.

Always in great shape

I’ve been playing this course since it opened and it has always been in great condition

Request A Vacation Quote From Florida's First Coast of Golf
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Florida's First Coast of Golf will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Orange Park, Florida
Orange Park, Florida
Green Cove Springs, Florida

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.