Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course

Year Built 1965
Architect William F. Bell (1965)

Dress code Collared shirts required; No tank tops or halter tops.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2018 #21)

Fun course

Once the two curmudgeonly gentlemen in the pro shop were navigated it was all a pleasure. Fun course in good shape with reasonable prices. The back nine is pretty unique, especially the tee shot on 15. Will definitely return.

Challenging Course Layout

I really enjoyed the course layout. Many different options for playing the holes. Nice setting and pretty scenic course. Greens were in fantastic shape. Only negative was over watering in many spots.

But definitely worth playing if you are nearby. Or spending some time at Clearlake.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Great place

Great place to play and enjoy a great round of golf. Course in great shape. Marshall on course was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Hidden Valley Golf Course

Great course to play, always well kept, fairways look great, challenging course. Always fun to play at Hidden Valley Golf Course,

Commented on 08/11/2020

Great features

Played here with my brother, his first time playing here. He enjoyed it, especially the surroundings and the 15 th hole.

good day in the warmth

Course was in good shape and pace of play was good. Front 9 mostly level and the back 9 has some holes with elevation changes. Weather was in the 90's with a pleasant breeze making a good day for golf.

Cool back 9 . . . not the friendliest in the pro shop

During the summer I like to get around and try new courses ... so I took the drive to Clear Lake to try out Hidden Valley on a Hot Deal. Check in guy seemed a little grumpy. I really have come to appreciate the courses that don't treat you as a 2nd class citizen because you prepaid with GolfNow . . . this was not the case here. Ended up paired with another single who knew the course. He was super friendly and I enjoyed playing with him. Pace of play was great (a foursome in front of us immediately let us play through). Front 9 was pretty "ordinary." No really memorable holes. Greens were in great shape and course was in good condition overall. The back 9 is where the fun begins with several memorable holes with really cool elevation change.
We finished about 6 o'clock and #10 was wide open. No one was on #9 either so I went into the pro-shop to see if they might give me a discount to play the back 9 again since it was wide open (and I had driven over 2hrs to the course); instead, the young man in the pro shop acted like he was annoyed that I was asking and that it would be full replay price. Full replay price for just the back 9? Yes, he said somewhat dismissively.
So, needless to say, I won't be going back. There are so many nice courses to choose from with great deals. I understand not offering any deals for customers . . . but when I am the consumer . . . I expect a little more courtesy.

Hidden Valley is very nice course

It was a pleasure playing this golf course but it was very hot. The staff was very friendly. The course is very long on some holes but enjoyable.

Commented on 06/30/2020

Great course with the most amazing back 9

Loved the course. Staff was fantastic. Greens were great. Will definitely go back.

Quiet, very relaxing afternoon

Well maintained, not too difficult - it was a very nice day

Commented on 05/20/2020

First day back out

Golf now has not been updated to reflect that no cars have been okayed by the Dept of Health!
So I either walk it or forget it, so I tried to walk it in the midday heat!
No thanks, and the back nine has huge hills! Not at my age!
The staff at th GC said that they informed Golfnow of this! I'm not only one that this happened to!
The course itself was just fine!

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

A thank you

I would really like to thank the administration of Hidden Valley Lake, for keeping the course ground crew staff on during the closing of the course and their continuing diligent, and professional beautification of this course. As a player, who plays this course quite often, I give everyone a tip of my hat to the grounds crew, and all of the staff; you make it a pleasure to play golf here. May we all be healthy and respectful during these challenges.

Commented on 05/04/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit. We will also be sure to pass along your great words to our crew - thank you!

Commented on 05/04/2020

Commented on 02/26/2020

Awesome course

My wife and I loved this course.
One thing is make sure you get a cart, you definitely need it. We walked the front 9, and got a cart for the back 9.
Awesome experience from start to finish

Commented on 02/27/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review dwleith67 ! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

An incredible Spring day in February

The course was in absolutely great shape, the fairways were hard enough for the ball to bounce down the Fairways, the greens were very receptive and pure, the breeze added a challenge; it was just another great day on my home course.

Commented on 02/24/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review rkeith! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Cobb, California