Hidden Valley Lake Golf Course

Year Built 1965
Architect William F. Bell (1965)

Dress code Collared shirts required; No tank tops or halter tops.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2018 #21)

Commented on 02/26/2020

Awesome course

My wife and I loved this course.
One thing is make sure you get a cart, you definitely need it. We walked the front 9, and got a cart for the back 9.
Awesome experience from start to finish

Commented on 02/27/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review dwleith67 ! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

An incredible Spring day in February

The course was in absolutely great shape, the fairways were hard enough for the ball to bounce down the Fairways, the greens were very receptive and pure, the breeze added a challenge; it was just another great day on my home course.

Commented on 02/24/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review rkeith! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Commented on 03/05/2020

Wow sunny February

First off I would like to just tip my hat to the greenskeeper, and all the staff on the course; and of course the incredible people who work in the pro shop; they take such great care of this golf course, and are always extremely friendly. It is always such a pleasure to play this course regardless, whether or not I brought my “A” game.

Commented on 02/19/2020

Wow, Thank you for leaving 4 stars Rkeith! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Commented on 02/13/2020

A chilly day

A beautiful winter day, absolutely enjoying the opportunity to be outside and playing golf. All the fairways were open for carts, the course is in great shape especially for this time of year, and the greens couldn’t be more pure; always a pleasure playing golf In my neighborhood.

Commented on 01/28/2020

Commented on 03/05/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Good decade

The course was pretty wet, but still very playable. Another enjoyable day in the neighborhood; it felt wonderful to leave 2019 behind as I smashed long drives down the middle of the fairways.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for the great feedback rkeith and Happy New Year! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Sunshine and gray skies

I thought the course was in really good shape for as much rain as we have received here. There are a few holes that you had to keep the cart on the path and walk to your ball; not inconvenient for me, it’s part exercise for me.
As usual the staff and groundskeepers are always absolutely friendly and very much care how your experience was on the course. I am always taken back, for their commitment and dedication in keeping this course in the best shape possible. It is such a pleasure at this time of year, with as much rain has that occurred that we are getting a golf course that can be played, and enjoyed.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Thank you for the great feedback Rkeith! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Winter Golf Rules!

I've played a lot of courses in the winter time, but none compare to the course conditions at Hidden Valley Lake. Most holes allowed carts on paths just days after rains. The putting surfaces were true and fast and I've never putting that good before. The most welcoming staff greeted me when I walked through the door.

Commented on 12/19/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Another day in paradise

This is my home course, and I play it quite frequently. Each time I come out here the course seems to be in a better shape. I think for community golf course this is outstanding, and they do an incredible job to keep this up. The greens are absolutely beautiful after being irritated about a month ago; it just is in prime condition. I have always found the staff, whether it’s in the pro shop or out on the course, are always friendly helpful and always want you to enjoy your experience here.

Commented on 11/20/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Rkeith! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

A beautiful fall day

I play this golf course quite regularly, it’s always a pleasure. I am always taken back at the pride the entire staff takes in its maintenance, conditions, and it’s commitment to improving the course. The greens were aerated about a week and a half ago to two weeks, the greens will be unbelievable when they are ready; but it’s still absolutely fun to play.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Out of the way gem

Nice little course loved the layout :) wished we played a couple weeks after they punched the greens but still overall a nice course

Hidden Valley

This course is very challenging!!! If ur a long ball hitter this course is for u!!! I play a lot of courses in Mendocino county and Sonoma county and this course has challenged me the most!!! I’ve played it twice and lost to this course so I’m definitely going back to conquer this course!!!

The Zen of golf

It was a beautiful breezy day, with the weather smiling at my every shot. The entire staff at Hidden Valley Lake golf are always working on making the golf experience what I think it should be. They take such pride in the care taking, ground keeping, to making sure you are enjoying your experience. I am a a pretty fast player, and I never have to wait, and it is never difficult to pass if necessary. Always a pleasure

Great golf course

The best course around , best greens around should pay the course superintendent more so you don’t lose him

Another day in paradise

As usual it was a pleasure to play, I keep noticing the improvements that they continually make on the course. It’s a pleasure to play here, I sometimes play as much is three times a week.

Great Course really good greens

Hidden Valley is one of the best courses in Nor Cal , greens are fast and smooth, the course is in great shape compared to couple years ago ,they have made improvements all around the course ,some of tee boxes are even level know but still needs improvements on some tee boxes
Could use more inventory selection in Pro Shop
but over all great course

Commented on 07/30/2019

Saint Helena, California
Santa Rosa, California
Windsor, California

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.