Crescent Pointe Golf Club in Bluffton is Arnold Palmer's only public course in the area. It is conveniently located just a few minutes west of the bridge leaving Hilton Head Island. Opened in 2000, the course has quickly gained a reputation as being one of the Lowcountry's best. Sprawling across a lush landscape blanketed with century-old oaks and towering pines, the layout is as scenic as it is challenging. While the generous fairways may be player friendly, the difficult approaches to the elevated, well bunkered greens are anything but. The large, pristine white sand bunkers were designed in true Palmer-style, closely following the natural undulations of the land. The gently rolling terrain is unique for the area. Crescent Pointe Golf Club's elevation changes aren't dramatic but they do provide some subtle, but tricky undulations in the greens that make it hard to find a flat lie.

Crescent Pointe Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Greens Jensen Dwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Ed Seay (2000) Arnold Palmer (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Brown Golf Academy"
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover
Dress code Collared shirts and Bermuda-length shorts are allowed for play at Eagle's Pointe. Denim, T-shirts and running shorts are not allowed.

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

Fun course, needs some TLC.

Visiting for the week. Wonderful layout. Fun and exciting approach shots and forgiving fairways. Has plenty of potential. However, it’s needs some love. Sand traps are really rough and some of the course needed cut. Had a good time nonetheless. I’ll come back and see how it progresses!

Disappointed

Course needs a lot of work. Back 9 was underwater. Cart paths are awful and were extremely annoying. Pace of play was extremely slow esp on back 9. Played behind 3 locals. They kept hitting multiple shots from same fairway location and multiple putts from same spot on green. Even though they knew we were waiting behind them. At the turn they stopped for lunch and we thought we were past them. When we drove up to 12th tee there they were. Cut us off. I’m not that good of a golfer myself but I do know golf etiquette. We really didn’t appreciate this. Made it an unemployable round. Won’t be back.

Much Improved

I have not played here since first of 2020. The course had deteriorated tremendously under old management. All I can say is WoW, improvements in turf, rough, and greens! Bunkers are still a little shaggy but improving. Sister course Eagles Pointe is also greatly improved. Both courses are still taking care of locals with resident rate. I consider this the best routing of public courses in the Bluffton Hilton Head market!

A Great July 4th Morning

My grandson (8 years old) and I spent the 4th of July morning golfing at the Crescent. I haven't been there for a while. I was overly satisfied with the improvements to the course, the staff and the play. It has moved up to #1 on my list of Bluffton golf courses. I hope to return in the near future.
They were also very curious and encouraging to my grandson. He is just learning the game. He told me as we left that he really wanted to play there again. They have a future golfer for sure.

Potential is there - owners need to keep at it

I play this course 3-4 times per year in our local rotation. It is a challenging track, very nice looking design, glimpses of the salt marsh along some holes, and worth playing.

The good: fairways and greens for the most part were as good as I have seen them in the past year. Real progress is being made. Pace of play was excellent, ranger on the course checking in with players.

Room for improvement: bunkers are in serious need of additional sand. I will say they were raked out at the beginning of the day, but there is not much there to rake - best you can do is try to pick the ball cleanly from any of the bunkers - which is fine from the fairway but not so green-side. The tee boxes were hit and miss in terms of condition. It looks like the tee markers had not been moved for a number of days.

This course has so much potential, and with some attention to detail, would be in the front of our rotation for play.

Nice Course!

There are lots of golf courses in Bluffton and Hilton Head. I’m a cheapskate, so I don’t want to pay $50-60-70. When we found a $40 morning prime time rate, that was the best option. And we were rewarded with an interesting course in good condition. Some bunkers are more dirt than sand, but many are good sand, too. Greens are in excellent condition. A good day for our group!

Commented on 07/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u735264462. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Crescent Pointe Golf Club thanks you!

MEMBERS VIEWS

COURSE HAS HAD SOME IMPROVEMENTS. CART PATHS ARE BETTER THAN BEFORE, BUT NEED SOME MORE WORK. COURSE PRO/MGR IS HARDEST WORKER AND BEST TEACHER I'VE EVER SEEN AT A GOLF COURSE. SAND TRAPS ARE A DISASTER. THERE IS BASICALLY NO SAND AND THEY ARE ACTUALLY ALMOST MUD TRAPS. THIS SHOULD BE FIXED IN ORDER TO BE A TOP NOTCH COURSE. CLUBHOUSE/BAR IS ALSO PRETTY BAD. SERVICE IS OFTEN SLOW AND SOMETIMES THE BAR IS CLOSED. FOOD IS MEDIOCRE AND OVER PRICED. SOME WOMEN GROUPS NOW GO SOMEPLACE ELSE TO EAT AFTER THEIR ROUND. THE BAR/RESTAURANT IS REALLY A SORE POINT WITH MOST MEMBERS. THERE HAS TO BE SOME CHANGES HERE. SO IN SUMMARY, THE COURSE IS IMPROVING AND WITH A FEW UPGRADES OR CHANGES, IT WILL BE WORTHY OF ARNIE'S NAME.

Commented on 07/02/2020

Hi DVWtgK4aavgztAEQrPZa! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 06/25/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160280299! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Crescent Pointe Golf Club!

Round played June 20,2020

Crescent Pointe is a very challenging course that at one time was a spectacular venue and layout. Unfortunately, the years have taken its toll on the property.

The new owners have begun some Improvements already with more promised in the future. I believe this course can still be very much enjoyed by the skillful golfer.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hi u000005579821! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 06/25/2020

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Crescent Pointe Golf Club.

Great value!

I had high expectations for this Arnold Palmer course because I have played a few excellent Palmer layouts in the past, and Crescent Pointe does not disappoint. The fairways are generous, but approach shots are demanding, and Palmer will challenge your short game. Course personnel are friendly and accommodating. The greens were a bit inconsistent -- some fast, some slow -- but generally in good shape. The only real negative is the course drainage. Some parts of the course do not drain well, so there was quite a bit of standing water in low areas and bunkers. In dry conditions, this course could be great fun1

Commented on 06/25/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us maugsdorfer. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Crescent Pointe Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 06/25/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Crescent Pointe Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Stunning course

Beautiful challenging course in great condition. Great value.

Commented on 06/25/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u035457401. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Crescent Pointe Golf Club.

Best so far

Having been disappointed in the other locations we played, Crescent was in the best condition.

Commented on 06/25/2020

Thank you for your review, wjmckool. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Crescent Pointe Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

A Challenge

Plenty of challenges to make a golfer think. Second shot course and a few long par 3’s with small greens. If you play smart, you can score well. It’s worth getting a solid look at the layout prior to playing to understand water areas.

Commented on 06/24/2020

Thank you for your review, David4806615. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Crescent Pointe Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good but not great. Excellent value.

Course was a good shape but greens were very slow. Already aerified a few weeks ago.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Hi u651139995. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Crescent Pointe Golf Club.

JRL

The course was fine, however, the cart paths were very rough and needed repair.

Commented on 06/12/2020

Hi Jrleep. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Crescent Pointe Golf Club.

Best value course I've come across

The layout at this course is so cool, Every hole seems to have great character. With several holes on with marsh views, this course ranks up there with courses twice the cost.

Commented on 06/09/2020

brown316, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Crescent Pointe Golf Club.

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina