Spanish Wells Country Club

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis, Bocce

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2017 #1)

Playing Multiple Courses 35

Alright Experience

Course condition was kind of rough... Greens were inconsistent. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Bad course

Bag attended sat while I loaded my bag on the cart. I asked him which way to the south course no response. The fairways in poor shape no grass just dollar weeds. The fringe on the greens non existent. Over all bad shape fairways and tee boxes. Would not recommend.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for your review, Michael. We take your opinions seriously, and are constantly looking to improve the customer experience. Please feel free to reach out to us at info@spanishwellscountryclub.com to discuss this incident further.

Nope. Not me. Never again.

Good PGA PASSPORT summer rate, great conditions, poor management. Waited 15 minutes for someone to check us in at the pro shop - (even though the starter told us to hurry up and get right up on the tee). Pace was ridiculously slow in front of us, and to make matters worse we had a twosome from Cypress Woods CC in Naples crawling up our backs and driving into us even though they knew we had nowhere to go. When one of them nearly hit us he drove up to apologize then excused himself -"I'm sorry but...", (the very definition of an insincere apology). I won't forget this course because I play horribly when I'm ANGRY. The pace on the front 9, (South course), was bad enough but then when we made the turn to play the East course as our back 9 we had to queue up and wait because the starter sent a fivesome and two more threesomes out to begin their round of golf from the first tee on East course. Arghhhhh! Naturally there was no Ranger or anyone around to make it right. I love golf and the conditions were better than most community courses but this experience was ridiculous. There are many other courses in SWFL that understand the importance of managing the pace of play. Disappointing. I will never play here again.

Commented on 06/22/2020

My husband did reach out to you by email on June 18th @ 9am EDT. No one has replied or called us. To ask us publicly to reach out to you about this incident and then ignore our email is yet another example of the poor management we spoke of. We were referred here by a friend and had high expectations. We will not be able to recommend or golf here again in the future. Courtesy and safety are an essential part of Golf.

Commented on 06/15/2020

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about this poor experience. We would love to discuss this further, so please feel free to reach out to us at info@spanishwellscountryclub.com.

Spanish Wells

Great course. Friendly staff. 9 out of 10 compared to private golf course.. definitely will play here again.

Commented on 06/15/2020

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the course and our great staff. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Commented on 06/12/2020

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are happy to see you enjoyed our course. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you back in the future.

Fair experience

Arrived on time got off 15 minutes late due to overbooking. We were a party of three and they added a single.... not good. No GPS . Would prefer to play elsewhere.

Commented on 05/29/2020

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your poor experience. We are constantly looking to improve the customer experience. Please feel free to reach out to us at info@spanishwellscountryclub.com to discuss your concerns further.

Fun Track

I enjoyed my day at Spanish Wells. Starter was great and in a great mood. The course was in good condition for the end of the season here in SWFL. Greens rolled pretty true and were surprisingly quick on some holes. No practice facilities unless you are a member. Putting green was available. No GPS on carts Used my range finder and it was right on the mark from tee to green with the scorecard.

My club was down for the week for maintenance and we got a good rate here and I’m happy we found Spanish Wells. I’ll be back.

Commented on 06/12/2020

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our course. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back in the future.

Needs major work

Played South/East. Greens & tees excellent shape; most fairways acceptable but rough generally In very poor shape. Chipping areas around greens abysmal, no/poor grass from greens -5 yards of most greens, plenty of weeds and just dirt- it appears they are working on these areas but by May in FL these areas should in good shape. You have to carry your clubs to/from cartOK COVID and all, but they still have a large sign for tips. Water station at start closed but ice/water available from Snack Bar; water station rest rooms open on South, no water on East and no warning of same. Range is open if you are a member, but they don’t tell you that. Layout is fine, maybe conditioning will improve.

Commented on 06/12/2020

Thank you for your review. We take your opinions seriously, and are constantly looking to improve the customer experience. Please feel free to reach out to us at info@spanishwellscountryclub.com to discuss your concerns further.

take a pass on this one

really nice layout but the conditions were very rough. Greens were good/great but the rest of the course needs maintenance and water. Many areas were just dirt around the greens.

Average course

They have three 9 holes courses. One was closed for improvement work. Dining/bar facility was closed due to pandemic so I can't really rate 'Off-course Amenities'. The course was average.

Not the best condition

Having played there many times this season before the Virus and waiting a month before we played today, the course was not in great condition especially around the greens. Weeds throughout,
They need to get it back into shape

South & East

The South course was not in good shape. Weeds were present every 5 feet, and in some sections the grass was burnt out and brown. The East course was in much better shape with no weeds or burnt areas. It was hard to understand how they could be so different. Both are narrow in spots with water in play, but not overly long, so accuracy is more important than driving distance. The staff was friendly, and the snack bar window at the turn is open despite Covid-19.

First rate operation

I was very impressed with the safety measures the staff took to keep everyone safe.
The golf course is tighter than it first appears.
Plenty of challenges and in good enough shape to enjoy. I would return.

Played East and North Courses

Fairways average.....greens decent.....no yardage markers on many holes. Hard to determine yardage in fairways and close to greens.

Great

Course was great played in a twosome just over 3 hours would play it again anytime highly recommend

Commented on 04/03/2020

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are happy to see you enjoyed our course. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Couldn't play because of the Corona Virus Situation. Had Symptoms and didn't want to go.
As I book a lot at golf now under my name or the name of my husband Hugo Obermeier(own account) I would like to ask you to give us a credit for that play to our account. Thank you

Commented on 04/03/2020

Thank you for your review. We hope you are feeling better! Please feel free to reach out to us at info@spanishwellscountryclub.com about this matter.

Coronavirus play

Played East and North courses. Both were in great shape. Greens on East were fast on North slow. Son was -2 on North and +2 on East. Will play again.

Commented on 04/03/2020

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to see you and your son enjoyed our course. We value your feedback, and hope to see you again soon.

Valid dates: Jul 01, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020