Style Links

Dress code Proper golf attire

Amazing Food 7
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 13

Simply the best !

Pacific Dunes deserves the top ranking, of all the Bandon courses (for now, Sheep Ranch to be better??)

The layout, shot value, and endless views of the Pacific Ocean...almost too good to be true! The greens were absolutely perfect and staff is beyond great.

Make sure you play Pacific Dunes (if you can't play them all) if it is your first trip to Bandon.

True Links Experience - I felt Like I was in Scotland!

Some truly spectacular ocean views on a challenging links course. I enjoyed every hole. The greens were fantastic!

Views upon views

Pacific Dunes is a breathtakingly beautiful course on the Oregon coast. You can go wrong with any of the courses at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort. The deer roaming the course on the cliffs above the water will leave you speechless. The greens are incredible with sweeping views and challenging par 3’s. I highly recommend visiting Bandon Dunes and playing all of the courses.

Michigan Advisor

Exceptional Design and Breathtaking Views

After dreaming about making the trip for years, I finally made a trip to Bandon Dunes. The whole trip was a fantastic experience for me. The firm and fast conditions make this kind of golf a blast to play. Target golf goes out the door when you can putt the ball from 30 yards away. Embrace the ground game and your score will thank you.

Pacific Dunes is one of the most beautiful courses I've ever seen. I say that even having played one hole in hail and gale force winds (the rest was gorgeous weather). You can hit most fairways without much trouble, but you need to put your tee shot in a spot that'll set you up with a good shot at the green. The greens are difficult, but once you have a feel for them, a bump and run might be your best option to get close. The bunkering and minimal tree coverage make every hole look dramatic and long, even the par threes. Despite this being the worst scoring round of my trip, Pacific is right up there at the top with my favorites. Now I'll just have to get used to ordinary golf again. Listen to the reviews. This is one of the best courses you'll ever play!

You won’t play a course like this often

This was my 2nd round on the trip and had read about how it was so highly thought of. The routing, the greens and the sight lines off the tees make this a truly unique course. Doak gives you room off the tee but there are humps in the fairway that can shoot the ball sideways making the fairways narrower. The back 9 routing starts with back to back par 3s. The fact they both play near the ocean takes advantage of the land they were working with. Overall the back nine has 4 par 3s, 3 par 5s and only 2 par 4s. (13 is a visually great par 4). The green complexes are tricky but not unfair, it’s a great defence on some holes (1&2 come to mind). Bandon Dunes is a more fun, less penalizing course but Pacific Dunes is more of a test with lots of unique holes and views thrown in.

One of the Best Ever

This course is a must for any avid golfer who wants the challenge of a true links style course. Weather was great but the wind added to the challenge. Not cheap but worth it. Staff go out of there way to please you.

Rating both of the Dunes courses here. They are similar in my opinion.

So similar that I have trouble recalling differences...yet I loved both and would play either in a minute! The magnificent views of the Pacific, the wonderful blending of the sand dunes, and the marvelous links grooming of the greens and surrounds is mesmerizing. But oh, the gorse! If you haven't seen gorse before, you have no idea what it is. It is the Hades of flora!

Worth the view!

Really tough to pick the better course, original Bandon or Pacific. Pacific is a fun walk and a bit quirky with 4xpar 3 and 3x par 5s on the back. The views are spectacular. It was almost disappointing to play with virtually no wind the second time we played it. But heck I'll take one good score while there.

Don't forget to grab breakfast -- terrific breakfast sandwiches in the restaurant or to go. Don't forget a double order of peppered bacon!

wow!

Everything you think it would be including the views .For great golf on the ocean it rivals the Monteray , Cabo Kiawah and puerto Penasco courses.

The definition of a five-star course

Anybody who doesn't give Pacific Dunes five stars on GA is a lunatic. It is the class of the resort and a true thrill to walk. I played it on an overcast day in 40 mph winds where balls were blowing around on the greens and sand was flying out of bunkers. We still had a great time. I can't wait to see it in its full glory in the sunshine.
There are a couple severe green complexes I could quibble about, but the way it plays like a pure links on the coastal cliffs is the reason the hashtag #whyIlovethisgame was created in the first place. It's every bit the bucket-list experience at one-third off the price of a round at Pebble Beach or Shadow Creek.

One of my favorite courses on the planet

Pacific Dunes is without a doubt one of my favorite courses ever. With spectacular ocean views combined with first class design, you can't help but feel like you are experiencing a little bit of heaven. 10 and 11, back to back par 3s, are two of the best holes ever designed from a visual standpoint.

One of the best walks you'll ever take, and be sure to take a caddy as the guys are all phenomenal.

Over the Top

Pacific Dunes was my favorite of the courses we played at Bandon Dunes. The layout, scenery, and overall experience was truly one of a kind.

Best Golf Experience Available

The entire Bandon Dunes Golf Experience will be the best golf experience of your life, whether you are a traveling PGA Tour professional or a 25-handicap that enjoys playing when possible, you need to put Bandon on your bucket list. My advice is to give yourself enough time to enjoy all their courses, if you are going all that way to get to Bandon, don't cut yourself short on the experience as you will miss out on something special. Pacific is certainly their signature course, as every hole brings a new experience. When you are done playing Pacific, you will have 18 unique golf stories to tell your friends about when you get home. The views are breathtaking, course condition outstanding, and service terrific. The caddies are great - and you will want to listen to them! It's amazing what the ball will do once it hits the green if you aren't familiar with the course! Do yourself a favor and get to Bandon!

The Best!

Pacific Dunes is without question my favorite course, and #4 is my favorite hole in golf. The views are outstanding, and the design unique enough to hold your attention the entire round. I was lucky enough to take my Father there, and it was the golf trip of a lifetime. The entire resort is a MUST PLAY if you love golf!

Golf Channel

Bandon's Gem

I was giddy to finally play here, after hearing all of the endless chatter from colleagues and friends ... and wow. Just wow. If, for some reason, you can only play one round at Bandon, tee it up at Pac Dunes. Though it's short from the green tees (6,142), it is still plenty tough. That's what makes it so fun to play -- there are 280-yarders that look like birdie holes (but turn into stressful pars) and 440-yard par 4s that you're trying not to make triple. You can reach the par 5s with two big hits. The consecutive par 3s to begin the back nine, with views of the water, are as good as it gets. A tip: Above all, you really have to be precise with your irons here, because your ball can trickle into some of the most dastardly greenside bunkers you'll ever encounter. Now, for the REALLY important stuff: Make sure you order the Crispy Oyster sandwich for lunch at the Pacific Grill. It is, no exaggeration, the best sandwich I have ever had. And secondly, make sure you play the 36-hole Punchbowl course, with a few cold beers handy. So fun.

Golf Channel

My favorite track on the property

It was my favorite course on the property the first time I played there 13 years ago and it remains my favorite. You just cannot beat the beauty, especially the ocean holes. They're all spectacular but my favorite is 10-11, back-to-back par 3s just on the Pacific Ocean. Breathtaking. (This time around I birdied the 11th, which is my favorite whole of all 72 holes there.)

This is the best resort experience in the United States and I've been to a lot of them.

(PRO TIP: When you're done, go play the punchbowl. It's a 36-hole putting green where you can take a drink and play for skins with your buddies. Tremendous.)

My favorite at Bandon

I love all the courses in the area, but Pacific Dunes really stands out for me. Beautiful setting, well-maintained and a decent pace of play. What more could you ask for?
The Bandon golf Mecca is a bit out of the way, but if you love golf, you have to put it on your Bucket List.

In a class by itself

It had been more than a decade since I was last out here. My memories of Pacific Dunes were fond, and so were my expectations. Honestly, it was better than I remember. So many views, so many options, such a wildly entertaining golf course where skill is only trumped by imagination. This is bucket list golf in every sense. Golfers make pilgrimages here for this course and the rest of the golf at Bandon Dunes, but the Tom Doak designed Pacific takes the cake.

My favorite of 4 outstanding courses

Pacific Dunes is my idea of a "bucket list" course. As many have said, all 4 at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort are excellent, but for me, Pacific is the clear favorite. We played it 3 times and each time I played it I liked it more. The views are attracitve the first time, but with each play you begin to appreciate the subtleties that Mr. Doak put in that will challenge and delight golfers of all levels. The par 3's get all the photo opportunities but the par 5's are perfect match play holes and the long par 4's are among the toughest I have played. The shorter par 4's, like 1 and 8, are a blast. I remember every hole clearly and will have great memories of this course for a long time. Highly recommended.

Authentic Irish Links Golf

A magnificent course with one memorable hole after another. It doesn't play long because of firm fairways but it can be very challenging if you aren't controlling your ball. Like Irish/Scottish courses there is perhaps a bit more luck involved than on a standard US course. A bad or good bounce here and there can make a difference between a par and a double in the blink of an eye. I have scored in the upper 70s and in the mid 90s without a huge difference in my ball striking. Much depends on the weather conditions too of course.

The greens are usually the slowest and bumpiest on the property and might need to be redone sometime soon. They are small and relatively flat and don't really represent the major challenge of the course.

I have played a lot in Ireland and Scotland and I would certainly compare this course favourably in scenic appeal, overall quality of holes and "fun factor" with any course I have played there. It isn't as punishingly difficult as County Down (which I might rate a bit higher) but that is a good thing for most people.

This will be most golfer's favourite course at Bandon and if your game is on you might have a very memorable round.

Coos Bay, Oregon