Pacific Dunes

Orange 71 5088 yards 65.6 122
Royal Blue 71 3920 yards 60.4 109
Royal Blue (W) 71 3920 yards 63.4 114
Scorecard for Pacific Dunes
Black M: 73.0/142 370 368 499 463 199 316 464 400 406 3485 206 148 529 444 145 539 338 208 591 3148 6633
Green M: 70.7/133 W: 76.3/143 304 335 476 449 181 288 436 369 379 3217 163 131 507 390 128 504 338 189 575 2925 6142
Gold M: 68.6/129 W: 74.2/138 287 335 476 410 163 288 377 349 356 3041 149 114 476 371 119 492 301 164 548 2734 5775
Orange M: 65.6/122 W: 69.8/128 253 275 452 369 133 267 314 296 268 2627 129 96 449 336 100 452 292 128 479 2461 5088
Royal Blue M: 60.4/109 W: 63.4/114 200 180 309 320 115 167 239 240 262 2032 128 96 330 250 100 320 200 118 346 1888 3920

Year Built 2001
Fairways Fescue
Greens Fescue
Architect Tom Doak (2001) Jim Urbina

Caddies Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Oregon (2017 #1) (2016 #2) (2015 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Ginella's Top 50 U.S. Courses You Can Play (2016 #2) (2015 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #13)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2017 #4)

Amazing Food 7
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 13

You won’t play a course like this often

This was my 2nd round on the trip and had read about how it was so highly thought of. The routing, the greens and the sight lines off the tees make this a truly unique course. Doak gives you room off the tee but there are humps in the fairway that can shoot the ball sideways making the fairways narrower. The back 9 routing starts with back to back par 3s. The fact they both play near the ocean takes advantage of the land they were working with. Overall the back nine has 4 par 3s, 3 par 5s and only 2 par 4s. (13 is a visually great par 4). The green complexes are tricky but not unfair, it’s a great defence on some holes (1&2 come to mind). Bandon Dunes is a more fun, less penalizing course but Pacific Dunes is more of a test with lots of unique holes and views thrown in.

One of the Best Ever

This course is a must for any avid golfer who wants the challenge of a true links style course. Weather was great but the wind added to the challenge. Not cheap but worth it. Staff go out of there way to please you.

Rating both of the Dunes courses here. They are similar in my opinion.

So similar that I have trouble recalling differences...yet I loved both and would play either in a minute! The magnificent views of the Pacific, the wonderful blending of the sand dunes, and the marvelous links grooming of the greens and surrounds is mesmerizing. But oh, the gorse! If you haven't seen gorse before, you have no idea what it is. It is the Hades of flora!

Worth the view!

Really tough to pick the better course, original Bandon or Pacific. Pacific is a fun walk and a bit quirky with 4xpar 3 and 3x par 5s on the back. The views are spectacular. It was almost disappointing to play with virtually no wind the second time we played it. But heck I'll take one good score while there.

Don't forget to grab breakfast -- terrific breakfast sandwiches in the restaurant or to go. Don't forget a double order of peppered bacon!

wow!

Everything you think it would be including the views .For great golf on the ocean it rivals the Monteray , Cabo Kiawah and puerto Penasco courses.

The definition of a five-star course

Anybody who doesn't give Pacific Dunes five stars on GA is a lunatic. It is the class of the resort and a true thrill to walk. I played it on an overcast day in 40 mph winds where balls were blowing around on the greens and sand was flying out of bunkers. We still had a great time. I can't wait to see it in its full glory in the sunshine.

There are a couple severe green complexes I could quibble about, but the way it plays like a pure links on the coastal cliffs is the reason the hashtag #whyIlovethisgame was created in the first place. It's every bit the bucket-list experience at one-third off the price of a round at Pebble Beach or Shadow Creek.

One of my favorite courses on the planet

Pacific Dunes is without a doubt one of my favorite courses ever. With spectacular ocean views combined with first class design, you can't help but feel like you are experiencing a little bit of heaven. 10 and 11, back to back par 3s, are two of the best holes ever designed from a visual standpoint.

One of the best walks you'll ever take, and be sure to take a caddy as the guys are all phenomenal.

Over the Top

Pacific Dunes was my favorite of the courses we played at Bandon Dunes. The layout, scenery, and overall experience was truly one of a kind.

Best Golf Experience Available

The entire Bandon Dunes Golf Experience will be the best golf experience of your life, whether you are a traveling PGA Tour professional or a 25-handicap that enjoys playing when possible, you need to put Bandon on your bucket list. My advice is to give yourself enough time to enjoy all their courses, if you are going all that way to get to Bandon, don't cut yourself short on the experience as you will miss out on something special. Pacific is certainly their signature course, as every hole brings a new experience. When you are done playing Pacific, you will have 18 unique golf stories to tell your friends about when you get home. The views are breathtaking, course condition outstanding, and service terrific. The caddies are great - and you will want to listen to them! It's amazing what the ball will do once it hits the green if you aren't familiar with the course! Do yourself a favor and get to Bandon!

The Best!

Pacific Dunes is without question my favorite course, and #4 is my favorite hole in golf. The views are outstanding, and the design unique enough to hold your attention the entire round. I was lucky enough to take my Father there, and it was the golf trip of a lifetime. The entire resort is a MUST PLAY if you love golf!

Golf Channel

Bandon's Gem

I was giddy to finally play here, after hearing all of the endless chatter from colleagues and friends ... and wow. Just wow. If, for some reason, you can only play one round at Bandon, tee it up at Pac Dunes. Though it's short from the green tees (6,142), it is still plenty tough. That's what makes it so fun to play -- there are 280-yarders that look like birdie holes (but turn into stressful pars) and 440-yard par 4s that you're trying not to make triple. You can reach the par 5s with two big hits. The consecutive par 3s to begin the back nine, with views of the water, are as good as it gets. A tip: Above all, you really have to be precise with your irons here, because your ball can trickle into some of the most dastardly greenside bunkers you'll ever encounter. Now, for the REALLY important stuff: Make sure you order the Crispy Oyster sandwich for lunch at the Pacific Grill. It is, no exaggeration, the best sandwich I have ever had. And secondly, make sure you play the 36-hole Punchbowl course, with a few cold beers handy. So fun.

Golf Channel

My favorite track on the property

It was my favorite course on the property the first time I played there 13 years ago and it remains my favorite. You just cannot beat the beauty, especially the ocean holes. They're all spectacular but my favorite is 10-11, back-to-back par 3s just on the Pacific Ocean. Breathtaking. (This time around I birdied the 11th, which is my favorite whole of all 72 holes there.)

This is the best resort experience in the United States and I've been to a lot of them.

(PRO TIP: When you're done, go play the punchbowl. It's a 36-hole putting green where you can take a drink and play for skins with your buddies. Tremendous.)

My favorite at Bandon

I love all the courses in the area, but Pacific Dunes really stands out for me. Beautiful setting, well-maintained and a decent pace of play. What more could you ask for?

The Bandon golf Mecca is a bit out of the way, but if you love golf, you have to put it on your Bucket List.

In a class by itself

It had been more than a decade since I was last out here. My memories of Pacific Dunes were fond, and so were my expectations. Honestly, it was better than I remember. So many views, so many options, such a wildly entertaining golf course where skill is only trumped by imagination. This is bucket list golf in every sense. Golfers make pilgrimages here for this course and the rest of the golf at Bandon Dunes, but the Tom Doak designed Pacific takes the cake.

My favorite of 4 outstanding courses

Pacific Dunes is my idea of a "bucket list" course. As many have said, all 4 at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort are excellent, but for me, Pacific is the clear favorite. We played it 3 times and each time I played it I liked it more. The views are attracitve the first time, but with each play you begin to appreciate the subtleties that Mr. Doak put in that will challenge and delight golfers of all levels. The par 3's get all the photo opportunities but the par 5's are perfect match play holes and the long par 4's are among the toughest I have played. The shorter par 4's, like 1 and 8, are a blast. I remember every hole clearly and will have great memories of this course for a long time. Highly recommended.

Authentic Irish Links Golf

A magnificent course with one memorable hole after another. It doesn't play long because of firm fairways but it can be very challenging if you aren't controlling your ball. Like Irish/Scottish courses there is perhaps a bit more luck involved than on a standard US course. A bad or good bounce here and there can make a difference between a par and a double in the blink of an eye. I have scored in the upper 70s and in the mid 90s without a huge difference in my ball striking. Much depends on the weather conditions too of course. The greens are usually the slowest and bumpiest on the property and might need to be redone sometime soon. They are small and relatively flat and don't really represent the major challenge of the course. I have played a lot in Ireland and Scotland and I would certainly compare this course favourably in scenic appeal, overall quality of holes and "fun factor" with any course I have played there. It isn't as punishingly difficult as County Down (which I might rate a bit higher) but that is a good thing for most people. This will be most golfer's favourite course at Bandon and if your game is on you might have a very memorable round.

Pacific Dunes

Out of the four courses, Pacific is the layout that I enjoyed the least; however, it is still an AMAZING course. Pacific also has the best views and scenery of the 4.

Oregon Advisor

A life Altering Experience

I played Pacific Dunes for the first time in June of this year. Somehow I had gone this 13 years without ever visiting Bandon Dunes Resort, but I finally had to make it happen. Pacific was the 2nd 18 of our day in June, and the weather was spectacular. Barely any wind and perfect 70 degree weather. The course itself is well thought out from tee to green, but at the same time feels so natural. The views from 4, 10, 11, 12 and 13 are simply stunning. Nothing else takes you to the edge of the West coast quite like this. The course was fair but challenging, I can see it getting nasty in the wind, but I loved every minute of it even though we ran into a terribly slow bunch on 10 and ended up playing the round in 5 hours. Do whatever it takes. Get to Bandon Dunes Resort, it may be relatively new by golf standards but it could be the best destination for golf in the country.

Denver Advisor

Best USA Public-Period

In the great battle of Pebble Beach vs Pacific Dunes, I will take Pacific Dunes. At a resort with 4 great courses, Pacific is the best. I have gone to Bandon four times and played Pacific Dunes more than a dozen times. It is hard to tell where nature ended and Doak began. It is as natural of a golf course as you will find in the USA. It is real links...multiple options from off the green (Putt, Chip, Flop), Play the contours of the greens and land near it, hit the correct side of the fairway or you will have a blind second or second with a hazard in the way, bump and run, knockdowns in the wind, etc. I have played in Scotland and Pacific Dunes is up there with the best links in the world. My advice is to get a caddie. Bandon's caddies are the best and I have never heard anyone complain. If you are really fortunate, your caddie will teach you how to read greens, where is the best place to take advantage of contours (you don't always need to flagstick hunt# and more. The course does have some amazing holes along the cliffs #the par 4 4th and 13th immediately come to mind along with the par 3 11th); however, the inland holes also are great. Pacific Dunes is as pleasant of a walk as you can have. If you want to get around in 4 hours or less, don't play here in the summer. If you want to get the best weather, you can come in the summer and take advantage of the daylight and play 36 or more per day. Bandon is the best one stop golf destination in the world. You would need to set up camp somewhere in Ireland or Scotland and drive 45 minutes to an hour each day to be in the same league- it is that good. Don't miss out on Pacific Dunes; hopefully you get a two club wind- it is as great as links golf gets. The type of course you could play for the rest of your life.

Golf Heaven

You've probably seen it rated as one of the top 2 or 3 publicly accessible courses in the US. Don't trust everything you read, but DO trust those ratings! An absolutely phenomenal course on every level. The other three courses @ Bandon Dunes Resort - and the par 3 - are world class too. Great vibe, unbelievable golf, the ultimate golf "buddy trip" in the US.

4.9819058824