The Links At Boynton Beach - The Family Course

Handicap 5 1 7 2 3 4 6 8 9
Par 4 4 3 3 3 4 3 3 3 30 30
Handicap (W) 5 4 7 1 3 2 6 9 8

Year Built 1984
Architect Bruce Devlin (1984) Robert von Hagge (1984)

Solid course; great value

First time playing. Engaging layout, greens were in very good condition, fairways and tee boxes were in good condition. Paid $40, so thought that was a good value this time of year. Only complaint is the driving range limited to 220 yards. Had an awful day driving the ball due to lack of warmup, but finally hit a 276 fairway shot in 18. Be aware back tees are only 6200 yards.

Needs Some Water and Time

A very fun layout. Some really easy holes and some tough ones. Course is a bit baked from lack of rain. Not consistent grass all over. Greens rolled nice but they are still very hard from the renovations. Balls will not hold on approach shot. Better land them a little short and allow for roll. Needs some time and water to soften it up. Looking forward to going back during the summer.

Great Layout but in Poor Condition

This is a great, scenic layout in an Audubon-certified facility but is in poor shape, especially for what they charge. Not much grass, and there are weeds and bare/brown spots all over the fairways. Greens are thin and very fast. Took 4 hours to play 18 with a twosome on the front nine and by myself on the back 9 when they left after 9 holes. Carts are old but include GPS. Clubhouse is rustic and moldy-smelling. It's a shame, but I will not return.

Pace of play really really slow

I am a member at this club for 2018, my average time of play is around 4 1/2 hours. I decided to discuss this with the manager Ron Tapper, seeing as on the course they have signs and a time chart that clearly states the time of pace at being much quicker, the sign Even says that If you do not play under 4 hours that this is not a course for you. The manager told me this was high season for the course and that we get use to this. I discussed having a marshall all day and specially one that does the job, the manager shoved this off saying it would not change anything. We all know that a marshall that does the job is one of the solutions. The Links staff is great and friendly, course is in good shape.

Well kept secret

Nice user friendly golf course. with a layout you never tire of. Par 3s are a challenge depending on your tees. Ever present ranger keeps the pace of play reasonable. Disappointed with condition of the greens though; have been much better in the past. Staff is excellent.

Alright course

i have a handicap from 14-20 and this course is very easy for me. i play with many people that are not as fast playing and good as some other people i play with. when you get people behind you, they tend to be rude and not wait for you to take your time and finish your putts/take your shot. The fairways are very small and side by side on almost every hole. My children play on the family course and they love it.

Not well maintained

feels very congested as to course layout.. as to their claims as to being the best municipal course in so fla....I can name many , many others that far exceed it

Featured

Add this one to your favorites!!

Being a female golfers we have been to some courses that treat us "not so friendly". This is NOT one of those courses. The staff was friendly and informative.We were given some hints to keep us out of the trouble spots (not that we were able to apply the hints....) We were not forced to be paired with others. The costs for our rounds, our beverages and food were very reasonable, we even bought a gift in the pro-shop for a fellow golfer who was celebrating his 70th birthday. Having broken my foot two days after we played, I am sorry to say I will not be golfing for about six weeks but when I am healed.....The Links at Boynton will be one of my first rounds.

slow play not really addressed

before our round, we were told that " slow play would not be tolerated " and we were great with that, usually taking 3 1/2 hours or quicker per round. at about the 5th hole we encountered a much slower group, with half of their hole and the entire next hole open in front of them. as the "player's assistant " cart came buy, we asked " hey, can you get the group in front of us to move along, we have people coming up behind us, but we can't go any faster due to them." the ranger said, i'm not going to get those guys mad off at me just because you want to play fast." other than that, it was a fun course, good for the average player.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019