Falls Village Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Greens L-93 Bentgrass

Dress code Proper golf attire such as shirts with a collar and non-metal (soft) spikes are required.

Great Layout - Tee boxes, Fairways and Greens good - Bunkers Horrible

For the money, and the time of year (mid-March), this is a great value to get out on the course. But for better golfers, be aware that even with this very good layout, you have to avoid ALL BUNKERS as they are horrendous, no sand, just mud. The staff says they will be redone but timing is likely late summer or early fall (my guess from what they said - which was very iffy). Basically, you have to pick up your ball and place it in the rough as the bunkers are UNPLAYABLE. What a shame as this course has a very good design and the greens and fairways a are in very good shape. Once the bunkers are fixed, they need to raise their rates a bit and make this a awesome course. Such potential.

Much better than expected

I drive past this course nearly every day, but had never thought to give this course a try. Given that the sign in front said "new greens installed", and I had a free weekday, I thought I'd give it a shot. Went out on my own, and was immediately impressed with the layout of the course. The greens were very good - new championship Bermuda. The traps and some areas of the rough were, well, rough, but the tees, fairways and greens were all in good shape for early spring.

Fast green

Bartender is awesome what a great time lot of hitting Brakes in the greens can't wait to play here tomorrow overseeded Fairways 90-degree rule on car pass great experience this time of year

Great day of golf

Wow... after two inches of rain the day before I found playable fairways and excellent greens. It was cart path only but, I needed the exercise. Can't wait till they repair the washed out bunkers
I will be back in the spring.

Very wet and muddy

With the recent snows, I expected the course to be wet, but it was much wetter than I expected. Falls Village seems to retain water more than just about any course other than Lochmere...even on side hills. It was a pretty muddy slog all the way around. The greens were in great shape and rolled very fast. Pace of play was good, even as a threesome with foursomes in front (they were morning member groups thankfully). Until they redo the bunkers, you can expect them to play as ground under repair. Until there is a dry spell, it might be worth holding off playing FV.

Not recommand

Course layout is acceptable but management of it terrible. Just gate of this club is under construction and all the facilities are out of date.

Wet Saturday

Course fairly good condition, surprise wasn’t car path only , as still pretty wet, so tried use common sense when driving golf cart. Course was fairly good condition for how wet was, green rolled good which big improvement, pace play good and does have nice layout.

Getting better

Greens were good. Tee box and fairways were in good shape. The bunkers were unplayable. We took a free drop out of the bunkers. When they get the bunkers fixed it will be a premium course.

Commented on 11/14/2019

Hi caddie476, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please know our staff is working towards further course improvements, but we're going to pass along your feedback on our bunkers to the appropriate staff so we can continue to work on making changes. Thanks for visiting us and come back soon!

Worth the Visit

The course layout is great, with a combination of uphill, downhill, dogleg lefts and rights. The winter seeding of the fairways make them very nice, but there are a few bare spots. They also have a lot of sand ready for the traps. But they are still working on them. The championship Bermuda greens roll really well. Overall, a great value.

Commented on 11/11/2019

Hi BigToro9283, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars and valuable feedback on the course! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of input for further improvements. Thank you for playing at Falls Village Golf Course, and we hope to have you back again soon.

A Perfect Course Makeover

The course was beautiful with new greens and updated fairways. This course makeover is great. I had a wonderful golf day. It’s worth getting out to play this one. It’s hard but in great shape.

Commented on 11/07/2019

Hi u395055881, thank you for your 5-star review and amazing feedback on the course! We truly appreciate the support and hope you book another round with us soon at Falls Village Golf Course. Be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page!

Ok

I’ve played this course many times and usually it’s great. Today the staff was great, bartender was really friendly, but they had a shotgun group we weren’t aware of and they put them in front of us so the round took almost 5 hours for the 3 of us in our group.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hi jdhockeygod91, thank you for reviewing the course. However, let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round as this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We're glad to see you still had a positive experience with our staff, but we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comments for guidance. Thank you for playing Falls Village Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Coming back!

The greens are now a reason to play here rather than a reason to run. Kudos to the groundskeeping staff for a nice job with the new surfaces. It's a nice flowing layout with improved fairways. On the negative side, the bunkers are simply unplayable. If the price is right I'd recommend it to friends.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review and great feedback on our course improvements here at Falls Village Golf Club! We truly value your support as our team has worked diligently to bring the course back up to par. We also appreciate your patience & understanding with our bunkers as we continue improvements, but we hope to have you back for another round soon!

Glad we came (back)

We had been avoiding this course like the plague after a few rounds where the greens and fairway were thrashed and left for dead. Saw they had re done the greens and we were blown away. Course is in great shape and greens are immaculate! Will definitely be adding Falls back to the rotation.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Falls Village Golf Course. We truly appreciate your 5-star review and great feedback on our course improvements! Our staff has been working diligently to bring the course back up to par, and we're so glad to hear the hard work is paying off for our customers. We appreciate your patience & hope you join us for another round soon!

Course is in pretty good shape, but need better management of golfers

The new greens are very good and fast, and the fairways are pretty nice. Tee boxes were a little long, but they were mowing them. The problem today was delays that could have been managed. I played as a single, as did many people in front of and in back of me. I teed off after a threesome and waited for them starting on the first fairway, and they didn't let me play through until the fourth green. I then immediately caught another single who was waiting on a single in front of him. I could see that he was waiting on a foursome in front of that. Not sure where the first single and foursome went after nine, but after waiting around the clubhouse for ten minutes, I got back behind the single who I caught originally, and a foursome let us both play through, but then we caught another foursome and had to wait for the remaining 7 holes. While I was enjoying my solo round and the single in front of me was a pretty bad golfer, so I decided to remain solo, I still think the course could have done a few things to speed up play.

1. There was no starter. A good starter pairs up singles and slots them in good places, and he let's foursomes know to allow faster golfers to play through if the starter is aware of smaller groups.
2. There was no ranger. A ranger could have helped advised groups to allow faster golfers to play through.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi u9619163, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We do apologize for the delay of play during your round, as this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, using your comments for guidance. We hope to welcome you back for a better round soon!

Better

Always enjoyed the layout but conditions were always sketchy. The new greens are a major improvement and if they could ever get the bunkers playable, it would be in our regular rotation.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi Gray5743044, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We do aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for further improvements and apologize for any inconvenience with our bunkers. We can assure you our staff is working diligently on providing the best experience possible for our customers. We're glad to hear you still enjoyed the day with us, and we thank you for playing Falls Village Golf Course!

BIg Improvements

First time playing this year. I wanted to wait until new greens matured a bit before playing again. I was more than pleasantly surprised. The greens are outstanding. I am a sold 3.o handicap and have played all the good courses in the Raleigh and surrounding areas. These greens are the real deal! Also quite surprised at how nicely the fairways are progressing. Other than a few bare spots in areas that don't bother me (we have been in a drought situation), the staff has done an outstanding job. The areas around the greens also quite good...much different than a year ago. All of the tee boxes in excellent condition also. I've always thought this is one of the best layouts in the area. But not they are upping their game. The bunkers still need work and I noticed they were addressing this. There were several bunkers that were actually quite good-not so in the past. The vistas on the course are second to none and the variety of the holes is quite good also, My overall impression is I will be playing here on a regular basis as it gives me what I need, I cant address the pace of play issue at this point. Also not sure of the driving range yet. I will address that after i use it The practice greens same as the course so that's great to have. The staff was excellent and quite friendly. When the bunker situation is fully addressed this will be one of the best courses in the area! From the back tees this course can be a bear and give you all you want. Oh yes, I would have paid more to play this course. Its every bit as good as any of the University courses in the area (potentially)

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi Thomas1992023, we truly appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying all of our course improvements, and we can assure you our staff is working diligently to provide the most valuable golf experience for our customers. We thank you for your support & playing Falls Village Golf Course!

New greens.

New greens were in excellent condition rolled true with good pace. Good was in great condition.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Falls Village Golf Course. We truly appreciate your 4-star rating and great feedback on our greens! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good course overall with some minor improvements needed

This was my first time playing at Falls Village Golf Course. I thought the course layout was great and was somewhat challenging. A lot of the holes have narrow fairways with up and down terrain. They recently put out their new greens and they are beautiful. There are definitely other areas that need some work, mainly various bunkers. Overall, I thought the course was a good play, especially for the value. I would definitely return and recommend to a friend.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hi Joe3341397, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and recommend us. Thank you for the 4 stars and your first-time visit! We're glad to hear you're enjoying our course improvements but as we aim for a 5-star experience, we always welcome this kind of feedback for further improvements. Thank you for playing Falls Village Golf Course - come back soon!

Golf course I recommend

New green , great layout for every day golfer. Fairways are generous. Golf course is well maintained . Bunkers need a makeover. Overall money well spent

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hi u850363041, thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback on our course improvements! We will use your comments for guidance as we continue to make improvements and hope you join us for another round soon at Falls Village Golf Course.

Wake Forest, North Carolina

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.