Echelon Golf Club

Year Built 2006
Fairways Tifsport
Greens Bentgrass
Golf Season November – March
Architect Rees Jones (2006) Steve Weisser (2006)

Golf Simulator Yes

Clubhouse

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u105639374! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Awesome Course.....but sand traps BRUTAL

Greens were just aerated this week, so i knew what to expect before the round.

This is such a good golf course, but I was shocked at the condition of the sand traps. It looks like no maintenance had been done on them in at least a week, plus NOBODY raked out their footprints when in the traps. It was like this on EVERY hole.

I’ll give them a pass for now, but for a Normal $80-$100 greens fee, they better be in better shape next time, but if I were a member, I’d be appalled.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, petraglia70. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great but......

Course was in great condition but greens had recently been punched and heavily sanded . Did not know that was the course condition otherwise would have waited to play with normal greens.

Pretty much like putting in a bunker

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi u314160745088. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.

Plays Twice a year

Picture Perfect Setting.

The weather was perfect, the course was fantastic and the staff was friendly. I didn't play great, but rarely do, so that was too be expected. I'd do it again tomorrow if I could.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160729091! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Great and challenging course

Great layout at Echelon for a challenging round of golf. Course was very wet from an overnight rain and cart paths only made it a long round getting to our balls, but course was in great shape. People were very friendly and restaurant had good food. Highly recommend for an above average golfer!

Commented on 09/02/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u639500868! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 09/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, sameerpateria09! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Everything was great

Only thing that wasn’t top notch is that they had top dressed the greens.

Commented on 08/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, fuzzy1424! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Excellent condition

This course is in immaculate condition. And like all other reviewers say, it is a difficult test of golf. Plays long, even from the forward tees.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, pbarron11! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Great course, staff and amenities!

One of the top golf courses in Georgia. Great staff and facilities. Practice area is one of the best in the US.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u333397779! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, CorrentiC! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u482185937! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

GREAT COURSE

Echelon is a fair course, but very challenging....you need to hit the ball right on every hole....lots of interesting elevation changes....will for sure return to play there again

Commented on 08/12/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Echelon Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Beautiful and Tough Course

This course is beautiful and well maintained. I only gave 4 stars because all of the bunkers were mostly wet packed sand and it has not rained for several days. They are just ignoring them right now it seems. I seemed to have spent a good bit of time in them as there are quite a few on the course. :-) It is a very challenging course demanding length and accuracy. The rough is thick so it pays to stay on the short stuff. I enjoyed the round and will definitely go back.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Fun round of golf

Very tough layout that plays longer than the yardage on the card. Conditions both fairways and greens was excellent. Some blind approaches to greens, especially on the very hilly back nine . Good shots are rewarded throughout.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Great Track!

Course was in wonderful condition. Lots of un-repaired ball marks on greens, though. Challenging layout with some long holes and a lot of elevation, but beautiful and very fair. I'll definitely be back!!

Commented on 08/06/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, DrHarris! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 07/31/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Justin6890164! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Commented on 07/31/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, hanatra! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Excellent course, with one caveat...

Played Echelon for the first time on July 21. Nice clubhouse, and they give you a small bag of range balls as a part of the greens fee. Course was in immaculate condition- essentially what you would expect of one of the nicer country clubs in the area. The greens rolled extremely true and couldn't have looked better. Same with the fairways. Some of the tee boxes were being aerated while we played, but no big deal. It was very hot, but the drink cart came around every few holes. I will say that $5 for a Miller Lite is a bit excessive though!

Anyway, the only complaint I have and the only reason I don't give the course 5 stars (I'd give it 4.5 if I could) is that the back nine is so markedly different from the front, and not exactly in a good way. Basically, all but one or two holes on the back are either virtually straight uphill or straight downhill. Frankly it's kind of exhausting. And it's not necessarily unfair or anything, it's just so different from the front nine, which is much flatter & more "traditional". Having to essentially guess distances on almost every shot because of the extreme elevation changes is a bit annoying. And my only other issue was that even as a fairly long hitter, playing from the blue tees, not one of the four par 5's was reachable in 2- would have been fun to have that option at least once.

With that said, the course is fun, well-maintained, and challenging but very fair. And for around $70, it's by far one of the best values in the area. Would gladly play Echelon again anytime.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Best semi-private course in the area

Course is always in good to great condition. Right now it’s in great shape.

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u1062749! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Echelon Golf Club!

Canton, Georgia