Tournament 72 7558 yards 77.8 154
Scorecard for Echelon
Tournament M: 77.3/150 433 440 191 615 443 439 622 193 449 3825 389 618 362 508 526 254 416 196 464 3733 7558
Gold M: 74.8/144 410 393 171 615 405 416 548 163 426 3547 371 600 322 486 507 236 394 170 443 3529 7076
Blue M: 72.3/138 401 344 160 586 366 395 526 135 414 3327 371 561 279 401 481 208 365 149 410 3225 6552
Blue/White M: 70.8/133 381 344 160 561 366 374 526 135 389 3236 371 516 279 387 417 208 365 149 340 3032 6268
White M: 69.7/129 W: 75.7/140 381 311 138 561 327 374 481 135 389 3097 353 516 267 387 417 178 342 128 340 2928 6025
Red W: 70.0/126 342 259 86 477 254 317 430 90 295 2550 265 405 243 302 359 145 322 111 282 2434 4984

Year Built 2006
Fairways Tifsport
Greens Bentgrass
Golf Season November – March
Architect Rees Jones (2006) Steve Weisser (2006)

Golf Simulator Yes

Not the first but the last!!!

Worst golf experience in 56 year! Over 5 hrs to play 18 in the middle of the week. Management / Marshall did nothing to help, too expensive and course is not that good to put up with that nonsense. Avoid at all cost unless you have 5-6 hrs to waste

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hello Airkane. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and we are always looking to improve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make the necessary improvements to your overall experience with us. Please be assured that we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club. We hope to earn your business again soon.

Commented On 04/16/2019

Hello, [Name]. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Jerk at the counter

I went to this course, just to hit balls and putt, with the intention of playing there in the future The driving range is about a quarter mile from the clubhouse. The unfriendly attendant told me, no range until 3PM. I asked if I could putt, and he said, you can't use a cart to get there, too busy. The bag boy had already put my clubs on the cart, saying, "we are wide open". Will never play here, or go close to again.

Commented On 04/09/2019

Hi MXmTgdONfiQT9yTxMHD1. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.

Course was in ok shape. Grass had some dead spots but wasn’t terrible. Challenging but enjoyable holes. Staff was friendly besides one Marshall. Was cart path only but course was hardly wet. I had to briefly go on the grass to turn around and go back to get my fellow golfers ball and the Marshall saw and proceeded to cuss us out for the most minor incident. F bombs included. Meanwhile this guy has his dog running around the course. Absolute joke of a Marshall. If it wasn’t for this one guy I would’ve enjoyed my experience but quite frankly he ruined it trying to be a tough guy.

Commented On 04/24/2019

Hello u7025907. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Great place. Outstanding conditions considering the rain we’ve seen...can’t wait to play again...

Commented On 03/26/2019

Thank you for the terrific 4-star review! Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club, we look forward to welcoming you back soon! #EchelonGolfClub

Great layout but currently unplayable conditions

In July 2012 I played Echelon Golf Club for the first time during a visit to Atlanta. It was a great experience - excellent layout, challenging holes, great routing and very nice surroundings (beautiful houses up in the hills). So I was happy when I recently had to opportunity to play Echelon again. Unfortunately this time the experience was very disappointing, mainly due to the extremely poor course conditions.

My first impression was good, a beautiful club house had replaced the trailer from 7 years ago. That's pretty much where the positive ended... To start I received a rental set (Cobra F7) which was up for replacement and definitely not worth $50. Club heads for the driver, fairway wood and hybrid were complete worn with no profile left what so ever. This made it very hard to launch the ball and get any sort of trajectory.

Even worse were the course conditions. I didn't mind the fact the course was yellow/brownish instead of green, which was due to the time of year (late Winter). Not a pretty sight but understandable. Greens were actually green, although very sandy. What made the course unplayable was the fact it was complete soaked - every tee box and fairway was very muddy and had water standing everywhere, making it completely impossible to hit a decent shot. Mud went flying everywhere on every single shot as I splashed my way around the first few holes. I knew the course would be somewhat wet as it was cart-path only (making some very length walks from cart to ball and back due to the hilly terrain) but this was ridiculous. When I decided to quit after 9 holes and informed the pro shop I was told the course had been like this for the last months due to heavy rainfall in the area. I understand the impact this has on a course but it would've been nice if I was informed about this upfront - ideally via a note on the website during booking but definitely at check-in. If I would have known I would have decided no to play and save the effort of traveling.

Upon my request I did receive a fair refund for the green fee ($25, half of what I paid) but no refund for the clubs. So I basically paid $75 for a completely unplayable course and spent a good bit of time traveling from and to Atlanta. All-in-all a disappointing experience which will not make me come back this time of year. It would be good if customers are informed upfront about the extreme course conditions and it would be appropriate to adjust the green fee accordingly (even better would be to close the course for the next few weeks, allowing it to recover). Currently it's just a really bad experience at what is a great course when played at the right time of year.

Commented On 03/22/2019

Thank you for the 3-star review! We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Wait till MARCH

Greens are rolling a 10 and putting was a joy.
Bermuda still sleeping, Wait till the March wake up.
If you don’t like Hills of Hideousness .. just play the front 9. The back 9 is a painful experience. When a par 4 plays 500 yards uphill it’s no longer fun for most players.

Commented On 02/22/2019

Hello, thank you for the excellent 4-star review! We hope to see you at #EchelonGolfClub again soon!

First timer

This course was in very good shape for this time of year and weather conditions. Will be coming back in the spring or summer to see the beauty in this course

Commented On 01/18/2019

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our good course conditions. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club, we look forward to welcoming you back soon! #EchelonGolfClub

Echelon

From the minute I drove up and met Pete at the bag drop I knew it was gonna be a good day. Although Atlanta has seen record rainfall in the beginning of this year the course still was in great shape although very wet. The greens have been sanded and punched but still rolled very well and you could tell that they would be superquick during the summer. Overall a great day and a great course, I will definitely return to

Commented On 03/07/2019

Hello, thank you for the spectacular 5-star review! We hope to have you back at #EchelonGolfClub again soon!

Traffic Jam

Great course! Very challenging and tiring. Cart Path Only on this course can be very strenuous. That wouldn’t have been an issue though, had Echelon not booked foursomes to tee off every 10 minutes. Maybe if I were Dustin Johnson I could be on the greens in one or two strokes, but I don’t hit the perfect shot every time. We gladly let the group behind us, play through at the turn, but the next foursome was right behind them. No ranger in sight. Ridiculous. Bartender? was present but he seemed to hate the fact that he had to be there. I’m sure I’ll be back but I’ll make sure it’s not cart path only.

Commented On 12/19/2018

Hello, we're sorry pace of play was not up to par and we appreciate your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed our challenging course layout. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.

Little wet & cool

Course conditions were a little wet. Greens were in great shape. Cart path only today. Made walking to and from cart very tiring. Will definately play again when weather is warmer and grass is green.

Commented On 12/19/2018

Hello, thank you for the spectacular 5-star review! #EchelonGolfClub

Commented On 11/26/2018

Hello, thank you for the excellent 5-star review! We hope to see you at #EchelonGolfClub again soon!

A Perfect Blend of Challenge & Beauty

The course is challenging especially the greens, but the landscape, view, amenities, friendliness and flexibility of the staff makes up for the struggles in a few holes.

Commented On 11/08/2018

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our challenging course layout, great views, and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

Too expensive!

I have played this course before and it was in better condition. When I pay $90 for a round I expect the course to be in great shape. The greens on the front nine were pretty rough but, were fast and smooth on the back. None of the bunkers had been raked and were hard as a rock. It’s really a shame that a Rees Jones course is not loved by the owners. Another thing that I didn’t like was being paired up with another twosome. When a course is $50 and busy, I understand but, we all pay the extra money for an extraordinary round. I think this is one of the toughest and trickiest layouts in Georgia. It’s an absolute work of art. I hate to see beer cans and other trash laying around all over it. I just wish that the management will get it back together before they lose the course. With all of the courses in our area, (many of which are in a lot better shape) you can have a more satisfying round for a lot less money. This track should be $60-$65. If you want something nice, ride over to Barnsley or wait until they get it together at Echelon, or bring the price down. Also, don’t bother with the food in the clubhouse. It’s disgusting.

Commented On 11/16/2018

Hello, we're sorry you didn't fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Echelon Golf Club is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another chance in the future. #EchelonGC

Fantastic round

A friend and I enjoyed a fantastic round today! The weather was perfect. The course was great. I ighly recommend this experience to anyone wanting to challenge their game.

Commented On 10/31/2018

Thank you so much for the 5-star review of Echelon Golf Club! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the course. Hope to see you again soon!

Over the hills and far away

Way too many hills and awkward tee boxes to be even remotely enjoyable.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 10/30/2018:
Hello, we apologize you didn't fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Echelon Golf Club is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another shot in the future.

Phenominal

Just a great great course. I’ve played about every course north of Atlanta and this is among my top 2 or 3 favorites. It’s a big boy course, super well designed, and isn’t needlessly tricked up like many other courses. Great condition. The 2 “long” par 5’s are as good as you will find anywhere. And 9 and 18 are absolute monsters. Not for the faint of heart, but this place is a gem. Highly recommend.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 10/22/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Echelon Golf Club. We truly appreciate the kind words! Please come back and join us again soon.
Response from Echelon Golf Club on 10/16/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and a great value. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon! #EchelonGC

New to ATL, first 5 Star course

Awesome course, great conditions tee to green. This is the first course I have played that I’d consider 5 stars in the ATL area. I have played River Pines, Cobblestone, Bridgemill, Wolf Creek, and Bears Best. The greens were rolling quick and true compared to other courses in Northern Atlanta. Love the golf course! Only thing keeping me from coming back in the near future is the price tag. It’s worth every penny if you can get a discount/hot deal though. Anything less than $60 is fantastic for this track. Definitely in the best shape out of all the ATL public courses I’ve played.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 10/16/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our great course conditions. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGolfClub

Slow green big hills

Course greens wereslow but held shots well
If you like BIGelevation changes thrn you will love this course. Views are spectacular careful driving carts because of steep inclines
I got a hot deal for 48$ including the fees

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 09/24/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our spectacular views and a good value. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC
Canton, Georgia
Ball Ground, Georgia
Ball Ground, Georgia
Cumming, Georgia
Woodstock, Georgia

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club