Echelon Golf Club

Tournament 72 7558 yards 77.8 154

"Pricey"

garretto4097415's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

Great course. Very difficult but fair.. not a lot of water on the course. No tees in the cart and no cart for drinks.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 07/10/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging course layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

"Course in good shape but greens need some work"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Overall the course is in pretty good condition. My biggest issue is with the large amount of ball/pitch marks on the greens. It appears the majority of people who play this course don't fix ball marks. It was almost as bad as putting on greens that have been aerated. It was very surprising due to the typical cost to play this course as well as location. I have played a few other courses in the area recently that get as much if not more play and don't have the same issue? I know there isn't much they can do about it, it was just disappointing. I expected better conditions (greens) for the price.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 07/10/2018:

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par and we will escalate your feedback to management. We're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our nice course layout. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.

"Fun but very difficult."

jhamley3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

My only major complaint was the lack of course/hole maps. On most par 4 and 5's you are hitting blindly without any real idea of what to try to do. That was pretty disappointing considering the price for a round here.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 07/05/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

"Crown Jewel of North County Atlanta"

Hbk8866's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018

If you’re looking for a challenge and a great time head to Echelon. Always in great shape. Todd the head of he course maintenance always has it tip top shape. Undulating greens, tough rough, but not too tough, make it a great experience. Tough par 3s, 3 and 14, and challenging par 5s, 4,14, and 11. Clubhouse is new and has a great restaurant t and food. Staff is the best! Kevin the head bartender will get you his hand crafted cocktails or some of the best IPAs ! Jordan is a top server and always has a smile after your round. I highly recommend you play Echelon and I think you’ll want to play it again.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 07/03/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our great course conditions and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

"Should of been better."

jmcenerney's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018

Great layout and challenging course. Greens are in very good shape. Way too many fairways experiencing circular disease. Obvious. Not enough money to afford grounds keepers /labor as Bunkers were not raked out. Also tee areas were in below average shape. Very friendly and welcoming staff and new clubhouse is nice. Simply needs more major upkeep to make me a repeat customer

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 06/25/2018:

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. We're glad you enjoyed our challenging course layout. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.

gratechef1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 06/19/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our good course conditions. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

"Challenging AND Rewarding"

hardball3b's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

Terrific fairways and greens. Difficult uphill drives and approaches but on the other hand extra distance on the downhill holes. Greens are faster than I’m used to so it took a few holes to get acquainted. Definitely worth the 43.00 I paid for the round. Not sure I’d pay more than that. Hole 18 was very blah.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 06/14/2018:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our terrific fairways and greens and a great value. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #GolfEchelon

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2018

Greens in great shape. Overall course is in good shape. Some bunker maintenance needed.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our great course conditions and an excellent value. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

"Fantastic layout worth the drive."

SRT8's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

This is an excellent course with lots of elevation changes. The fairways are wider than they appear from the tees and give you plenty of room to land your drive safely. There are a few forced carries but not too many. The front nine is an absolute treat. The back nine while even more scenic, does have a few tricked up holes. Holes 10, 12 and 14 have such significant elevation, that they are a bit unusual. Lastly, the greens and bunkers were in excellent condition. This course is worth the drive and is a real value for the course you get to experience.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our excellent course conditions and fantastic layout. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

"June 3rd round"

Ryan6853889's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

The course was in great shape with the exception of the bunkers. With the amount of rain they received a couple days prior, some of the bunkers were still a little washed out. Aside from that, I couldn’t ask for better conditions. They layout was challenging and the greens were rolling true. Great course.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 06/06/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our great course conditions and challenging layout. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

"Outstanding course!"

tripebo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2018

Two friends and I played this course for the first time. We were in awe of the layout , condition and views. We will be back soon!

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 05/25/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions and nice views. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club, we look forward to seeing you again soon! #EchelonGC

"Very nice golf club"

pttr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

Very good layout and great greens. Easy and friendly checking. Nice practice area. New clubhouse is nice. They are working to re-sod a few places in fairways.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 05/25/2018:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our nice course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

"Georgia’s secret"

Edm67's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

As a member, I’d rather not share the secret. The truth is Exhelon is more than a great test of golf. It is gorgeous piece of real estate which will take your breath away. No hole is similar, each requiring quality shot making. Hint - stay out of the rough & enjoy the cuisine when you’ve finished.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 07/03/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions and nice layout. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon! #EchelonGC

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 05/14/2018:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and a good value. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

"Not up to par this time"

becks430's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

All Tee boxes were a mess. Some fairways had many circular dead spots of grass almost like they used grass killed for weeds...of course I found myself in them. Greens were in good shape but bounced hard with very little spin and I usually generate a good bit. Regular price is definitely too high for how the condition was but to may be able to get a better rate with GN. Many other courses around.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 05/08/2018:

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We are working on making improvements and we appreciate your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.

"echelon"

seminole115's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

This course is like two different nines. The first nine is fairly flat except a downhill number #1 and built along a large creek. A few holes water comes into play and the rest all require you use all the clubs in your bag. The 2nd nine is like a mountain course literally up and down with #14 being the most vertical and I think very unfair even though it is a par five. The greens were good, the traps were good, and the fairways were okay due to the Bermuda just starting to pop. The course overall I would play again but not unless I could get a good deal.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and good course conditions. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club! #EchelonGC

claytonz213's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club!

"Aerification"

joshua4897's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

My first time at Echelon mainly because its 60 miles from my front door. I've heard great things about this course for years and the layout didn't disappoint. What did disappoint a bit was the greens. From what I've read they were aerated over 3 weeks ago and if you played them yesterday you would guess more like 3 days. it doesnt look like they have come back at all. Whats more disappointing is that during check-in the condition of the greens wasn't mentioned nor is it on the website. Made it impossible to hole anything outside of 6 ft.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 03/27/2018:

Hello, we're sorry you didn't fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Echelon Golf Club is for every player to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

"Might be back to normal in 4 weeks....."

Jshutches's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

What did you do to your greens?!? The most savage aeration I have ever seen; 3 weeks after doing them they are horrendous, i.e. unputtable. I typically have found Echelon to be in solid condition and after 3 weeks figured the aeration would have mostly filled in, but unfortunately I couldn't have been more wrong. The greens are so bad it wasn't even worth attempting to putt. I won't go back for at least a month and even then I'll be surprised if the greens have recovered.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 03/22/2018:

Hello, we appreciate your feedback and we are working on improving our course conditions. We apologize you didn't enjoy your experience and we hope you give us another chance in the future. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.

"Airated greens"

michael3736148's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2018

COurse was airaired 10 days before we played and greens were sanded that morning again. Most courses on GolfNow now post when they aren’t being airaited. Very disappointed in the condition of greens. They were also adding sand to bunkers, good for the long term but in reality I would never have booked a tee time drove 1hr for this conditions. Layout is pure and pace of play was great.

Response from Echelon Golf Club on 03/12/2018:

Hello, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We are working on improving our conditions. We're happy you enjoyed a great pace of play and our nice course layout. Thank you for playing Echelon Golf Club.