Type Semi-Private/Resort

Year Built 2005
Architect Rick Robbins (2005)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted American Express, Visa, Master Card, Discover

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Georgia (2014 #8)

Tennessee Advisor

Course is changing....

The Canyon Ridge course closed for renovations and will be re-opened as The McLemore Club. The old design has a lot of blind shots and very hilly. The hills will obviously remain but the plans are to fix some of the holes to make it more playable. Let's see.

Holy Cow!

What a beautiful and challenging course! It doesn't play as long as its listed but you will be thankful! Most holes are down hill, and in some cases EXTREMELY downhill. Greens may the the most challenging I've ever putted on! (Expect at least five more putts per round than normal). The mountain comes into play on how the greens break and even then you are never quite sure. Slopes that appear uphill may play downhill, etc. It's mostly a second shot and short game challenge. Conditions were excellent! Staff was super friendly and helpful. We played with the turning leaves at it was magnificent! I took almost as many pictures as I did swings!

Commented on 02/09/2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your last visit to the course. We enjoyed hearing about your round and seeing the great pics of the course. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Must do golf outing

I recently had the chance to get away for a couple of days and play golf with an old college friend. I live in Chattanooga and he lives in Birmingham and after a quick Google search we decided on meeting somewhat in the middle at Canyon Ridge. I called to get a tee time and the staff was very helpful and aided in our search for lodging.
The course is quite challenging and has scenic views at every turn. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. We got in 36 holes that day and I can't wait to get back for more. Green fees and pro shop merchandise were very reasonable. Absolutely the best golfing bang for the buck that I have found.
Richard

Commented on 07/18/2017

Hi,
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's great to hear you and your friend enjoyed visiting the course. It's important to us that we have great customer service and affordable prices and it seems you found the course quite accommodating. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Worth the drive

I had been wanting to play this course for a couple of months after hearing really good things about the course. Got off early on a great fall day and made the almost 2 hour drive. I was not disappointed. Beautiful views on top of lookout mountain. Course was in really good shape. Liked the greens a lot. Punched the greens 3 wk prior and they had come back nicely. Course was wide open. Was able to pair up with another single and we tore it up. Fun course, lots of elevation changes. Will make the trip back.

Commented on 10/03/2016

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. We know there are a lot of courses in the area and it is amazing to hear you drove almost 2 hours just to visit us. Thanks again and we hope you can visit us again soon.

Very enjoyable mountain course

There are many elevation changes throughout this course. Local knowledge definitely comes in handy here. Enjoy the beautiful views around all 18 holes.

Commented on 10/24/2016

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review our course. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our course. We hope to see you again soon!

Breathtaking Views

The scenic beauty of this course is amazing! The course itself is visually intimidating, but playable. Many of your drives from the elevated tees seem to hang in the air forever. The greens had been recently aerated and were a tad slow. The fairways hadn't yet greened up, but we didn't mind. I will definitely make a return trip to play Canyon Ridge again!

Good Day

Beautiful golf course with a fair degree of difficulty on several holes. A couple of fairways are blind from the tee but the course is on the east brow of Lookout Mountain. Holes 1,2,6 and 18 are majestic. Several holes are unforgiving with multiple hazards. I have grown fond of the challenges.

What a view.

Some fantastic golf. There is something for everyone. Long par 5, and challenging par 4, and 3s. And breathtaking views from top of Lookout Mountain. I want to do this course again.

This course is a must play

Course is in great shape and was worth the drive from Atlanta. The scenic views were amazing. The greens were in tip top shape and pace of play for a Monday afternoon was nothing to complain about. If weather permits, we will definitely play again. If playing from the tips you are in for a challenging round.

Pretty autumn day

This is a course you have to play a few times to get a feel for, but it's always in great shape and you cannot beat the views!

Awesome Course!

Beautiful mountain course in great condition. We played the white tess and hit into hazards off the tee with driver we didn't were there. Would play the blue tees next time.

Mountain hidden gem

Great course in the mountains - but only 30 minutes from downtown Chattanooga. I played 18 in under 3 hours. Scenic beauty - 10 of 18 holes could be signature holes on most courses. Good mixture of holes. Greens were exceptional!!! The back nine some of fairways must have had some fungus problem as about three holes were rough. However the rest of course was it tip-top shape. Only two negatives - could never walk the course - from green to next tee sometimes more than 500 yds and much too hilly.. The other was the ninth hole does not go back to clubhouse - however they have great halfway house!! Best bang for buck in TN...

Challenging

Fun course to play. Can't wait to play again. Hole #6 is a fun par 5 with a blind second shot over a cliff. Wow!

outstanding vistas

A unique course. Quite difficult but we didn't mind as the views were spectacular. One of the best mountain courses I have played.

great mountain course

Course was great but early fog was not good. greens aerated. putting bad.

Poor weather

The front nine was great!

It was a beautiful day when my wife and I teed offed, but then a cloud came overhead and brought his friends. We ended up with a 9 hole rain check. The course is really challenging, but beautiful.

100 dollar golf course for only 25 bucks

This course is challenging. Very challenging. But the views are awesome. Course is in top shape. I've played $100 courses that don't hold a candle to this place. And they have some of the best BBQ in the south at the half way hut. Will be going back soon.

Bummer

No one in the pro shop to check me in, could not find the 1st tee, no starter or ranger, very slow groups in front of me never offered to play through. Played 5 holes and quit. As for the course, nothing spectacular. Tee boxes were good, greens were decent, fairways a little burnt out

Plays Twice a year

The course is beautiful with great scenery

We were very pleased with the friendly service and the ease of getting around the course. They really spent a lot of money on upkeep and concrete golf paths. The carts have the automatic brakes to handle all the hills. We had beautiful weather on the mountain even with a 60% chance of rain. We took a chance drove an hour and had a wonderful time. Definitely will be back!

Very challenging layout with hooles offering high degree of difficulty

I have played this course twice over the past two years and each timesomewhat felt the course a little too challenging for senior golfers with 15+ handicap. The course offers beautiful panoramic views. Fairways on several holes were very rough and roped off due to sodding. Greens were smooth, rolling true and fast. First time golfers at Canyon Ridge should be aware of several holes with extreme elevation change, hitting blind approach shots to green. Course hole locations could be marked better....very difficult to locate next holes at several locations.

Trenton, Georgia