The Links at Greenfield Plantation combines a rare mix of championship golf with affordability surrounded by a breathtaking natural environment. This is a course that calls for deliberate club selection as it weaves through beautiful marshes and under bridges, punctuated only by sparkling lakes and large bunkers surrounding undulating greens. Four sets of tees determine your challenge. The new clubhouse features a snack bar and well-stocked pro shop. A courteous staff is available to see to all your golfing needs. Located just two miles east of I-75, Exit 220 in Bradenton, The Links is just minutes away from St. Petersburg, Tampa, and Sarasota.

The Links at Greenfield Plantation

Year Built 1998
Architect Chip Powell

Dress code Proper golf attire is required and is at the discretion of the management.

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse

19th Hole Specials 9

Bad staff

I showed up 30 minutes before my tee time . Walked into the pro shop to check in get a cart and start my pre round routine . I was told by the guy at the desk I couldn’t check in till 15 minutes before my tee time because I booked it on the golf now app . I asked if I could take a cart and get loaded up , nope ! So I went out to the parking lot and waited . When I walked back in he checked me in and told me carts are downstairs , give the slip to starter . I went downstairs and looked for the starter , finally he showed up . By the time I got my stuff loaded it was my tee time ! Bad customer service !!! If you don’t like people booking through golf now app .,,, don’t put your course on the app ! Rant over . Lol

Way under rated!!

This is the nicest course for your money I have played a lot of courses in the Bradenton/Sarasota area and at the price point its so worth it..
From tee to greens spot on and the lay out is very nice.
Highly recommended!!

Cheap play but.........

Second time playing this course. Summer rates are very affordable and good location. Unfortunately this course attracts many novice players that don’t know how to keep pace which leads to frustration for the rest of us. What’s worse was that a Marshall was nowhere to be found. Also $5.00 for a small bucket of balls for warmup but can only hit irons ? Good practice putting green but much slower than the course greens. I can see that the owner has spent money but the pace of play issue coupled with too many hackers will keep me from returning especially when there are so many better alternatives in the area.

The course layout was pretty good but the greens were a tad slow.
Lots of water hazards that come into play, especially the 2nd hole.

Overall a nice experience for playing for the 1st time especially into the wind.

Interesting layout

Got a good rate on Golfnow and thought I would give it a try. On arrival about a half hour before tee time I was told I could not check in till fifteen minutes before my tee time as a prepaid round. Not something I have ever had happen on a dozen plus courses booked through Golfnow. Went and sat in my car for 15 minutes and then checked in. Politely asked the pro shop guy the rationale for this and got a nonsense answer. My guess is that the net to the course is lower and, while they want the traffic, but they don't think much of the Golfnow customers. Also, their rack rates are basically the same as their Hot Deal rates. Moving on...the course itself is laid out nicely. A couple of tough holes but more or less moderate. Tee boxes OK and fairways nice but the greens were pretty rough. A few nice ones but, on the whole, pretty rough. We had a good round and will probably be back.

Bad greens

My wife and I played this course for the first time and weren't impressed. The greens were in bad shape and the tee boxes seemed like they didn't get mowed often enough. The fairways weren't too bad which makes the green conditions a real shame. Also the layout wasn't really anything memorable either. I think that there are much better options for the price in this area.

Course was in better shape than it usually is but still not good. Greens are slow as can be, sand traps are not even sand and are nearly impossible to hit out of. Only played because of the price but would rather pay $20-:30 more to play somewhere worth the while. Will not be coming back.

Great Value

I have been playing this course the last several weekends. For the money the course is a great value. Really fun track. The best bacon egg and cheese sandwich around. They always have a beverage cart and food and drinks at the turn. They have managed the pandemic issues great. The pace of play has been really good. Since the new owner has taken over it keeps getting better and better. Wish they had a driving range. Although you can hit Waterlefe on the way there and warm up. $5 buckets right next door.

Rude

I booked a tee time through Golfnow at this course. I showed up at the course and they said they would not honor my Golfnow booking. I had already paid for the round upfront yet they still would not let me play. I spoke with the owner of the course and his tone was very condescending. He informed me that he was a very successful businessman and that I needed to spend my money locally (I’m assuming he was upset I booked through Golfnow and not the course). I said I just want to play golf. He said there is no way you will play this course. I have booked through Golfnow over 100 times and never had this issue. I will never ever play this course !

Commented on 05/07/2020

For anyone else reading this, sometimes when you use third party sights for booking, they do not communicate the rounds to the course. Happens often. In this case, the hot deal was sold to 2 different foursomes. Not a big deal, it happens. What we do is get the customer a refund, which golf now always does, then book them another tee time based on availability. This customer was having none of it. Was more interested in berating me and staff, even though the local course has nothing to do with hot deals. He carefully twisted my words. I told him that he can book directly with the course to avoid these issues, as the price is only $24.99 to play our course at the time he played.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Condescending? You have to be kidding me. I took your call on my cell phone while with my family, then called my golf now rep on my day off to personally see that you were refunded in full. Which you were. I was extremely polite and professional with you, and handled your situation immediately. We are not in control of hot deals. Sometimes they get double sold. It happens. I tried my very hardest for you.

A complete disaster.

After booking a 2:36pm Hot Deal pre-paid tee-time days ago... after walking into the pro-shop with printed proof of my tee-time, I was informed that Golf Now screwed up and offered a tee-time that was not authorized. In face, another group was there for that tee-time. So, I drove about 40 miles from St. Petersburg to Bradenton... tipped the bags boys, spend 15 minutes in the pro-shop talking with the counter person and calling Golf Now. No resolution. Wound up driving another 20 miles up 1-75 and was able to grab the last tee-time of the day at Moccasin Wallow just after 3pm. So how does this stuff happen? A few weeks ago we played the Landings in Clearwater on a Sunday at 11:30 via Golf Now... also double booked. They were kind enough to let us play anyway. Since Golf Now is owned by NBC Universal, I could only expect the same kind of incompetence that's .
we see from NBC News and fake news MSNBC.

Commented on 05/06/2020

It appears you have issues with GN and not our course. Can you please remove this review? Thanks. Tony

Commented on 05/02/2020

Very sorry, but this is not a review of our course at all. This is an issue with the third party company that you did business with. Your review clearly indicates that you have had problems with this company before. We are just the golf course, and had nothing to do with it. Very sorry, but can you please remove this review.

Great course at a decent price

Fun and challenging course. Have a burger at halfway. Excellent burgers with pop and chips for $6.50.
Very accommodating during pandemic. We will be back again and again.

Course was in great shape. Greens run a touch slow. The pace of play was a bit behind but picked up towards the end. Definitely a great course, especially for the price. Worth a visit if you've never played here

Great shape

First time playing this course in last 6-7 years and I’m impressed. Used to play it a lot and then it turned into a goat ranch. Something has definitely changed and the course has improved immensely. Greens are lush, but a bit slow for my liking. Grass appears to be overseed from winter. Will be interesting to see how this course does once it heats up and the Bermuda gets going.

Orlando Advisor

Conditions are back up to Par

I played this course a few times, a couple years ago and had some bad experiences. The course was frequently in beat up condition, was not a great value and unfortunately, they had a very rude staff that, in my opinion, always treated guests as "less than". I stopped playing here altogether. On a friend's recommendation I returned to give it another chance and man, have they turned things around. We got off as a 2some very early in the day with no problems, the course is in fantastic condition and the staff was excellent- making us feel welcomed and helping us get around the course. The starter Mike is a great guy who genuinely cares- that kind of employee is invaluable. Overall, kudos to the owner and the staff for such an incredible transformation. We will be playing here often, especially with season ending soon. Great job Greenfield Plantation!

1st round on a windy day

Met Tony (pro shop) before the round. We chatted about the two courses he is running. Plantation layout has real potential, the greens rolled fairly well and the course looks to be coming around. He’s not a fan of Golf Now, but I appreciate him sharing why he feels that way. Course can be tough the 1st time you play it until you judge distances and learn where trouble is. My biggest hang up is the proximity to major roads on several of the holes. Not very serene w cars honking and buzzing by you.
Other than that, I’ll give them their due and continue to play there.
Randy

Big C

I normally don't give reviews but this course was in really good shape, the staff was very helpful and the rates were very affordable. I would definitely recommend this course if you want a good round of golf at affordable price.

Nice breeze today at the Links at Greenfield Plantation

We really like this course. They were busy today and, in light of the lack of rain for the past month, the course was in great shape. Had a great time, and of course, put some balls in the water. My wife and I scrambled against her sister and my brother-in-law, and we won!

Lakewood Ranch, Florida