The Links at Greenfield Plantation combines a rare mix of championship golf with affordability surrounded by a breathtaking natural environment. This is a course that calls for deliberate club selection as it weaves through beautiful marshes and under bridges, punctuated only by sparkling lakes and large bunkers surrounding undulating greens. Four sets of tees determine your challenge. The new clubhouse features a snack bar and well-stocked pro shop. A courteous staff is available to see to all your golfing needs. Located just two miles east of I-75, Exit 220 in Bradenton, The Links is just minutes away from St. Petersburg, Tampa, and Sarasota.

The Links at Greenfield Plantation

Year Built 1998
Architect Chip Powell

Dress code Proper golf attire is required and is at the discretion of the management.

19th Hole Specials 9

Not a bad track

Some of the Green weren’t in the greatest of shape but course wasn’t bad had some challenges here and there. Staff were all great from club house to starter to bartenders. For the dollar amount definitely worthy and will most likely be back .

When you go to a course and find 3 groups waiting at hole one you are in trouble.Asked attendant pace of play and he said 4 hours, I laughed.Took us 4 hrs and 50 minutes. Always slow here. Too many women and guys with boilers.If you are a Democrat and have no concept of time or reality come here.

Great layout.

This course has a great layout. If you are willing to think about your shot, you will be rewarded. Course in very good shape given the volume of rain recently. Staff is terrific. Restaurant has great food at great prices.

Its a great course and women friendly. You will have the opportunity to use every club in your bag. Found staff to be more than friendly and cooperative. Always a pleasure to golf at The Links at Greenfield Plantation.

Poor Management and Unprofessional Staff

This course is a disgrace to the golfing community. It has to be the most unprofessionally managed course I've ever encountered. Wife and I were told to join a twosome on first tee almost a half hour before our tee time because their policy is to not allow twosomes. I was fine with playing with another twosome but at our booked tee time. We weren't even going to be allowed time to eat our just-purchased food or warm-up time on putting green. Was told to either join twosome or leave. We left! BTW, when you book your tee time online there is no reference to the only foursome policy. Needless to say we will never return and don't recommend this bogus excuse of a golf course.

Commented on 04/23/2018

Not what happened at all. Course was very crowded, and this customer refused to go to tee box because he wanted to play alone. The twosome he was paired up with was waiting for him. There were numerous foursomes behind this golfer who wanted to get out on course. We explained that we couldn't delay everyone else because he wanted to play alone. He started screaming at Starter, who had to get manager to have golfer removed from course. He is now banned from course. All the locals know we treat all customers like they are members. See our recent reviews on google and other sites for a better description of our awesome staff and course.

Worth Playing!

Read some recent negative reviews, but NOT what I found here. They are paying attention to this course! Overall condition is more than acceptable, and I'll be back. I have a 13.6 index and play above average golf, so found this a pleasant experience. Most of the greens are 90% there and putted true. Love the fact that the cart guy came almost out to the parking lot to get my bag, greeted me nicely, and cordially answered my questions about clubhouse access. Pro shop guy was also very nice. For $25, it was a real summer bargain!

On the road to recovery

Played here a few times over the years and always thought it a good layout but condition got poor a while back so haven't played for last couple of years. Saw reviews recently and gave it another go. Obviously something has changed here as the course is starting to get better. Staff were great in both pro shop and bar and sandwiches looked really good.
On the course it's clearly suffered from dry weather of past few months the tee boxes well worn and areas of fairway heavily invested with tough grasses and weeds. However they have roped off about 20 to 30 yards of fairways as they approach greens and started to get these areas to a much improved condition so no carts allowed in these areas but it's worth that sacrifice. Few weeds and well watered so more lush grass. Greens themselves had some bare patches but ran true and we're good to put on.
Excellent value around $20 as pm rate and would certainly come again. This is a good test of golf some narrow tee shots and approaches to greens. Well done on improvements so far and good luck for the future.

Truly target golf

Invited by friends to play this course and asked an employee where we could warm up and chip and putt. He informed us that there was no chipping and we could take our putters and walk to the putting green. Was actually miffed that we couldn't take our cart and drive to the chipping green. The course is in good to reasonable shape and the pace of play was good. We played winter rules as there were several areas that were in poor shape. It would be good if they gave golfers a book on the course as on several holes that were tricky with small landing areas. Probably will put this course on the list where I won't return as there are better values and nicer courses in the area.

Huge improvement

Haven't played Greenfield in some time as we were disappointed in the condition of the fairways and greens but very glad we gave it another chance. We all agreed the course has never been in better condition. I've been fortunate to play some of the best courses around here and Greenfield compares very favorably.

The greens were in excellent condition, held well and were reasonably fast. Even the bunkers were good with more sand under the ball than most.
We'll be returning here more often.

A pleasant experience

First time playing here and was very pleased with the layout and condition of the golf course and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Best deal in the area and will certainly be back.
Thanks !

Susan

I've played this course a few times. I was not that thrilled with it the first couple of times but yesterday the course seemed to be in much better shape. The greens were in good shape except for one that was pretty well dug up. Good course for the cost on Golf Now. I will surely play this course again.

Greenfield value

Good for the price.. ok condition and lots of tees to play from. No driving range. Just some mats and floater balls to warm up with. Will play again

A good value

Enjoyable greens are in good condition fairways and tee boxes fair. Nice layout pace of play was very good

Tee Time