Style Traditional

Lake Lawn Resort spans across two miles of shoreline along Delavan Lake. The resort was founded in 1878, making it one of Wisconsin's oldest leisure destinations. Its proximity to both Chicago and Milwaukee has made it very popular. The championship golf course was not added until 1921, but it is still one of the area's oldest. It has a traditional layout that was revamped in 1990 but the original character was carefully preserved. The course is known for the stately oaks that are abundant throughout the course. The mature trees frame the holes and demand accuracy as well as creative shot-making. There are also deep sand bunkers strategically placed along Lake Lawn Resort's greensides. The greens themselves are quite tricky and varied too. Some have subtle but tough undulations while others are multi-tiered.

Lake Lawn Golf Resort - Majestic Oaks

Year Built 1921
Fairways Blue Grass
Golf Season March - December
Architect Dick Nugent (1990) Tom Bendelow (1928) Brad Bartell

Dress code Collared shirts and slacks or tailored shorts.

Good golf

From pro shop to the course, top notch. Jacob is the best. All are professional.

Bogey’smom

Didn’t play my best, but always enjoy a day on a golf course! Only complaint would be the sand traps weren’t in the best condition. They didn’t seem to be tended to.

Great mix of challenging yet playable holes a bit sand and water and OMG trees. Itt one of the best courses for the price anywhere around

Poor staff, does not put customer first

We arrived at the course at 5:45 to play twilight and were going to putt around for a bit. The shop employee said that we could wait till 6 to play super twilight for a cheaper rate so we did. After finishing 9 holes for 3 players in an hour and a half we turned to play a couple more, as we payed for twilight. The ranger came up to us and stated that they were closing the course at 8 and he would come to get us, even though the sun didn’t set until 8:35. We did not want to be rude so we played 10,11,17,18 and were in by 8:15. Upon returning the staff was again rude about closing the course by 8, although there were two groups on the course. We were very disappointed that the staff did not honor our twilight rate and would not recommend this course.

Commented on 11/08/2019

Hello, juniorgolfstar. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. Your feedback about the twighlight operations is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Majestic Oaks at Lake Lawn Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Not Women Friendly

Arrived at course and the course showed my GolfNow reservation as a different time than my confirmation. Wouldn’t honor Golf now confirmation or provide any compensation. On course was hounded constantly by ranger who said a group of guys were blaming the slow play on my group of women when in fact we waited every hole for the group ahead of us. Ranger suggested we play the first nine again rather than continue to play through the back nine. Finally the starter told the group ahead to play the back faster but “ of course you know guys, they blame the women”. Disappointing but we played well and tried not to let these issues ruin our day.

Commented on 11/08/2019

Hello Chintz, thank you for taking the time to review Majestic Oaks at Lake Lawn Resort. We sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience with any individual on our staff. This is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We also apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact their 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Excellent shape

Greens were well maintained. Tee boxes as well. With as much rain as we have had only 1 hole #10 was affected. Will be back again soon.

Very friendly staff. Course conditions were very good considering that tee off was almost in January (12-26-19) I will recommend and play this course during summer of 2020 and beyond. Thanks

Beautiful views of the lake - - I think my golf ball preferred to go to the beach instead of staying in the fairway. Really enjoyed the course

First time at Majestic Oaks

We were able to play even though it had rained heavily the night previous to our tee time.. We were pleased with the drainage of the course and how well it was maintained. The course is challenging and we will return.

Tricky greens.

Coarse is always in great shape. What makes this track challenging are the undulating greens. Never a flat putt. lots of curves, valleys and difficult pin placements. Staff are always friendly, courteous and helpful. Beautiful old design with classic holes. If you are in the lake Delevan area this is a must play. Cheers.

nice course Extremely slow play

Nice course but it took 5;40 minutes to play 18 holes. they had groups of 8 , 6 and 5 on the course, which to me is not acceptable at any time. the group of 8 was the major issue most of the day and they did not try to fix it even though numerous groups in front of us and behind us complained. the group of 8 was on 4 when we were on 2 and that was the issue all day

Challenging course to tackle

Well conditioned. Wonderful greens.
Challenging course the has you battle not only the layout but winds that keeps you making decisions.
Go enjoy majestic oaks

Not difficult, but a little tight

You can tell by the name of the course that there are a lot of trees. They come into play every hole, sometimes even if you're in the fairway. There are only 3 water hazards on the whole course: a tough pond next to a par 3 green, one in front of a par 4 tee box, and the shoreline of Delavan Lake goes the length of a par 5 on the back 9.
The holes are often very close together so you will see people playing from the wrong fairway a few times.
Other than the lake and the other two water hazards, there aren't a lot of places to lose your ball here except if you manage to hit your ball over the fence on one of the 5 holes that go along the edge of the property. Lake Lawn really needs to put up tall netting to prevent these errant balls from hitting a car on the highway because I've seen it happen several times.
There are more than plenty of bunkers on this course. There is only one hole on the entire course that doesn't have a greenside trap. The sand is in decent condition but often it is unraked, which in my opinion is a reflection of the type of golfer that frequents this resort (I'll just say there were 10:1 Illinois license plates vs Wisconsin plates in the parking lot).
Although you may not lose many balls here, they will possibly get scuffed up by the ever-present blacktop cart path that runs along the right edge of the fairway on most holes. Your slightly right of the fairway drive will bounce off the path into inevitable tree or sand trouble.
The greens are not in very good condition. Some greens have no grass on top of the higher humps, possibly shaved too low by the mower. Most greens are pocked with unrepaired divots, going back to the inconsiderate golfers that often stay at the resort. Half of the greens have a large hill or hump separating the front from the back, adding difficulty to putting.
There is a small bar in the clubhouse and an adjoining (small) banquet room. The staff is very friendly, but good luck seeing a drink cart after 5:00PM. There is a driving range and you can get a bag of 50 balls for a reasonable $7 but you have to drive almost a mile from the clubhouse to get to it.
The resort has a restaurant but I would not recommend it. There are several better and cheaper restaurants within a mile of the resort.

Overall I like the course but not the people that often play there. I usually refuse to play there on weekends and I'd never pay the full rate as it's wildly overpriced. Look for online deals or play after 4:00 for better rates.

Last time

Golf course was amazing... Golfnow continues to disappoint. Membership is a one way business in favor of golfnow. I am done with them and I call this my last time.

Resort Course

As a Resort course they can get play by people who aren’t golfers and can abuse the course, but it appears the staff does a wonderful job of overcoming that abuse and keeps it in good shape .

4.1819176471

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.