Cape Royal Golf Club - King/Prince

Type: Semi-Private
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs near local attractions   Great for locals seniors playing multiple courses   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Very poor condition"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

The course is in very poor shape. Aside from the 18th tee box, all other tee boxes were of very poor condition. Hardly any grass. Most of the fairways are mud. The greens seems to be in good condition which lead me to think that they don’t water the tee boxes or fairways. It made for a very rough experience. Big negative difference since the last time I played this course 2 yrs ago. I would not reccommend to anyone until they make big changes in their maintenance.

"GREAT course!! Really has improved under new management!!"

kdwynn's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/14/2018

I had such a great time at this course! The greens were beautiful, fountains and lakes - lush and beautiful! We had perfect weather!! Everyone was extremely nice and professional!! The grilled grouper sandwich at the clubhouse was fresh and delicious!! I know this course is under new management now and things have really improved - they know what they are doing and it has done a complete turn around!! I recommend this course to anyone looking for a beautiful, well maintained place to play!! Love it!!

"25 with meal"

kondyld's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2016

Sand traps grown in, greens burned out, obviously not kept up. The free hot dog is good. 25 dollars with dog unlimited golf about right for this course even in winter

Commented on 07/22/2016

We apologize for the conditions of our course and appreciate your feedback as we are constantly working on improving. We hope that you decide to return and give us another chance.

Royal Tee Golf Club Management

"Should advertise "Under No Management" !!"

lindasuesmith's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

We quit playing this course 2 years ago because it is poorly maintained. We have watched the signs for months now advertising "New Management" and "New Greens". Granted, there has been some rain recently, but the course was in hideous shape. We are members at Coral Oaks just a couple miles up the road and they do not have these issues at all. Their course is in excellent condition. The greens were miserable. The fairways were more like cow pastures- weeds 6 inches long going to seed!!! All the bunkers were waste areas- not one was playable! The fringes around the greens were all long, 2-3 inches deep. When I inquired following our round, I was told that the course was indeed in better condition than it was since new management... OMG!!!! I was told the bunkers are about to be either removed or redone this summer. Well, the rates didn't reflect that nor were we warned (advisory, etc) Well, the beers are cheap and you need plenty of them if you want to play here any time soon....

Commented on 06/22/2016

lindasuesmith,

We apologize for the conditions of our course. We are constantly working on improving, so your feedback has been helpful. We are so sorry if these conditions caused you any inconvenience and hope that in time you decide to return and give us another chance.

Royal Tee Golf Club Management

"Course conditions were terrible"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2016

The course was in bad conditions. The sand traps were destroyed. The fairway was not cut and the greens were brown in most places.

u000007664393,

We are so sorry to hear that the conditions of our course did not meet your expectations. We are constantly trying to improve our course to satisfy our golfers, so we will take your feedback into deep consideration. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we appreciate your review.

Royal Tee Golf Club Management

"Course Still Needs Some Work"

hershgolf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The staff could not have been more friendly--outstanding. Good course layout. Can't hit driver off the tee on every hole. Have to use strategy because water crosses the fairways on a few holes. Good signage at those tee boxes to give distance to the bridges. The fairways had not been cut the day we played---weeds were sticking up. The bunkers have not had sand in them for a long time. One bunker had a fresh load of sand dumped in it that hadn't been spread out yet. We just played that balls in bunkers could be removed and placed outside the bunkers. The greens were in fair condition--a few bald spots. We still had fun, especially for the price that we got online.

Dear hershgolf,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is appreciated as we are constantly working toward improving our course. We're happy to hear that you had fun, and we hope to see you back on the course soon!

Royal Tee Golf Club Management

"Unfortunately I did it again"

schmidtgu's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2016

Last year I swear never to play on this course again, `cause everything was more or less in a catastrophic condition. Now I heard that there is everything under a new management.

Greens: there are no really greens, only fractions. Fairs: no gras at all, more flowers than grass. Bunker: I do not have words for this left. The driving range, what shall I say is a disaster. Than they charge you $10,- for range balls which are 20 years old.

This is not a golf course, this is a horror show.

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 06/13/2016

Unfortunately we found out the hard way as well... Thought after a 2 year hiatus and new management we would have a decent experience. It was worse condition than ever.... And they had the nerve to tell us it is much better than it was!! OMG, I can't imagine what it was before....

Commented on 05/18/2016

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your golfing experience. Please email us at royalteegolfclub@outlook.com to speak further regarding your experience.

"Course could be great with some money spent fixing it up"

Pfletch's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2016

We played King and Queen, Queen was a chalange for Us. Both courses need a lot of maintenance on fairways and the

Greens, I and my wife had a golf now hot deal , both for $ 36.00 , about have of what it cost to play a good 4 star course.

Commented on 05/18/2016

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into this further and try to improve and take care of it internally. We hope to see you again!

"This was fun"

Joanfrey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2016

We were able to play w/no wait times. Staff couldn't be any nicer!

Commented on 05/18/2016

Thank you for your great feedback! We are glad you had an enjoyable experience.

"Lost quality during past two years"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2016

On the parking lot I saw just a few cars, which surprised me. I've expected alot more like two, three, five years ago.

The guy - in the mid thirties - where I checked in wasnot friendly at all. He hardly looked at me, just did his job.

The club house, bar, restooms and proshop where in e weak condition.

The senior who was the starter, however, was very friendly and helpful!

The green were in good condition, the fairways were dry, even though the have a lot of water.

As I knew from playing years before, you can't see and estimate water before you have arrived. So you might have a good stroke, but will end up in water....surprise!

The sketches the tee bixes don't show water properly in many cases.

After we've finshed (we were a twosome) at 3:58 pm, we wanted to have a drink at the bar an offical told us: "The bar has just losed" and it was ahot day...

In summary, the whole golf club has substantially gotten worse during the past two years. At a lot of areas I got the impression, they've run out of money and can't fix it.

I hate to say that this formerly nice club has to change a lot and turn the sad tendency around. Good look!

Commented on 05/03/2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations but hope you will come back as we are constantly working on course conditions.

"Good course in good condition"

Petra8194326's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2016

We Love this place. 27 holes. Greens in great conditions. Will come back soon.

Commented on 05/03/2016

Petra8194326 - Thank you very much for the 4 star review! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

"Great Course "" but water lurking"

billclapper's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2016
Previously played Used cart Good weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in very good shape. the ball rolled very well in the greens.The course rewards goods shots on or near the fairway. It can severely punish you for bad hits. The greens were sandy at som espots to cover some problem. Overall the course ws in great shape and fun to play.

Commented on 04/04/2016

Thank you very much for the 4 star review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed playing and had a great time! We hope to see you back soon!

"Golf"

Redhotlady's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Love the course. Depending on your tees there can be a lot of water that you have to go over.

Commented on 03/21/2016

Thank you very much for the 4 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope we will see you again soon!

"Good course, Good People BUT it's in pretty bad shape"

neilbbb's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2016

Have played Royal Tee several times in past years but this time the course was absolutely in the worst shape I have ever seen it in. They must have stopped or cut back fertilization and grounds keeping. Wild grass, weeds, and the greens had been aerated way to deep and it was like playing on a $10 public course.

We still enjoyed playing and trying to avoid the bare spots and lots and lots of water, which was fun.

Bottom line, the course is over worked, under kept but still fun to play

Commented on 03/21/2016

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. We hope you will come back and see the improvements that we are always working on at the course!

"Not a good value for $37.00"

Cpfrank2's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2016

Played Queen and King courses

Have played 3-4 courses in the area and some of them cost far less and were in far better condition. Many bunkers on the Queen course were muddy,packed down and either stoney or shelly. Many Fairways had very little or very short grass and were quite hard as were the numerous sandy greens. No real rain lately so can't understand the conditions issues for mid March. Would not play here again this season due to the course conditions to price value.

Commented on 03/21/2016

We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. Please email us at royalteegolfclub@outlook.com to speak further regarding your experience.

"Aceptable"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2016

Not to Bad,

Driving Range to expensive

Commented on 03/01/2016

Thank you very much for the 4 star review! We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

"very wet"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Heavy rains the night cause course to wet & muddy.<br/> Bunkers were hard & standing water. No run out on drives & course management is the rule of the day.

Commented on 02/18/2016

u000002372778 - We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. We have experienced very heavy rainfall. We hope you will come back and see us again.

"Good course"

uooooo4673756's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2016

Too much money for a 30 dollar course!!

Commented on 02/17/2016

uooooo4673756 - We appreciate the 4 star rating! Please check our website for our latest Tee Time specials.We hope to see you again!

"royal tee"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

fairways were decent<br/> rough was very wet<br/> greens in poor shape lots of sand<br/> tee boxes were decent<br/> some bunkers need work

Commented on 02/17/2016

u000005808511 - Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

"Greens"

poppy7's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2016

Greens were more sand than green could stand more care

Commented on 02/15/2016

poppy7 - We have been dealing with a lot of rain lately as you may know. We hope you will come back and see us again.