The Country Club at Deer Run

The Country Club at Deer Run
Scorecard for Deer Run
Black M: 72.3/125 358 448 175 604 538 140 385 430 363 3441 490 145 349 436 187 428 565 209 406 3215 6656
Gold M: 70.2/122 331 436 148 530 521 132 368 415 345 3226 470 130 334 424 170 410 530 174 380 3022 6248
Blue M: 69.1/118 W: 72.0/124 325 423 134 457 445 123 354 398 330 2989 455 122 319 415 161 390 521 161 360 2904 5893
Red W: 71.0/122 319 410 107 385 420 111 337 290 302 2681 435 105 310 390 139 330 490 102 295 2596 5277

Year Built 2003
Architect Ron Garl (2002) Lloyd Clifton

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

19th Hole Specials 10

This course has a nice layout and variety of holes.

Nice layout

Greens need work

Tee boxes - nice attention at growing grass

Price of hot deal made the longer drive worth it.

Response from #DeerRunCC on 11/12/2018:
Thanks for the 4-stars and joining us for your first round at The Country Club at Deer Run. Come back soon!

Not bad. Good design. Not in great shape

I like the layout of the course. Bar staff is courteous and quick. Pro shop guys are nice. Prices are OK. Tee boxes are never in good shape. Greens are mostly good but some are really busted up.

Response from #DeerRunCC on 11/04/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. We appreciate your comments regarding our staff and are glad to hear we can provide you with a valuable golf experience. All of your feedback has been shared appropriately for any areas of improvement, and we hope we can have you back again soon!

This place has character

I really enjoyed playing golf here and I will continue to do so! The greens are a little beat up but they have gotten better even since the last time I played there. Unfortunately the range and chipping area isn't the best and while practing your putts listen for 4's!

Response from #DeerRunCC on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and leave us with a 4-star review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us, but also appreciate your feedback for necessary improvements. We hope to welcome you back to The Country Club at Deer Run for an even better round soon.
Response from #DeerRunCC on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and leave us with a 4-star review. We're glad to see you enjoyed your recent round with us, but also appreciate your feedback for necessary improvements on our tee boxes. We hope to welcome you back to The Country Club at Deer Run for an even better round soon.

OK course

No gloves in the pro shop. Never seen that before.

Tee boxes needs a lot of work. Greens need a lot of work, sandy patches around a lot of edges plus a lot of weeds. Fairways and bunkers were nice. Clubhouse was friendly.

I've played this course a few times lately and it's drier then it was but not as well kept. I love the layout with it's dog legs. Fun to play.

The price is nice for my son and I to go out and enjoy a round together.

Response from #DeerRunCC on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and leave us with a 3-star review. While we're glad to hear you and your son enjoy playing our course, we also truly appreciate your feedback for necessary improvements We hope to welcome you both back to The Country Club at Deer Run for an even better round soon.

What a shame

Awesome layout with some tricky dog legs and enough water hazards to make you think on each tee shot, this could be a fun, challenging course.

Unfortunately the course has apparently been neglected for a while. and is being sparingly maintained. Pro shop took my payment and pointed me at a cart with no welcome or directions. Most greens have many bare spots and a handful were partially dug up (one third of 2nd green was missing). That should have been posted on golf now or mentioned before I teed off.

Tees were mostly hard dirt with some weeds that were mowed low. Fairways were tolerable (smooth at least) but hard pan in spots and lots of closely mowed goose grass. Off the fairways was mostly weeds including the fringe around most greens. Bunkers acceptable.

97 degree day and water only on 2 holes with no beverage cart. Bathroom on course was worse than most subway stations and i had to walk out due to gagging.

Self service bag drop before and after round.

Price was reasonable for the conditions but I'd rather drive a few more minutes and find better "minimum" standards.

Response from #DeerRunCC on 10/10/2018:
Pete, thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback, however, we're very sorry to hear your first experience did not meet your expectations. We are committed to providing a valuable golf experience and apologize if we were not able to do so for you, but your comments have been shared with our staff for necessary improvements. We hope we get the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved round soon.

Need green attention

well I pay 14 for the prices is good, but some green is out of condition

Response from #DeerRunCC on 09/26/2018:
Andres, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are committed to providing our golfers with a valuable golf experience but appreciate your understanding regarding some of the course conditions and recent rain we've had in the area. We hope to have you back at The Country Club at Deer Run for an even better round soon!

Good Value

Perfect course for the price. Slightly challenging for a mid to high handicapper but that's what makes it fun. Course is in the shape you would expect for Florida golf which can be different day to day. Staff is extremely friendly and beer is cheap which is a plus.

Response from #DeerRunCC on 10/10/2018:
Thanks for the 4-stars and great feedback! We are committed to providing a valuable golf experience and are glad to hear we're doing so. Come back to The Country Club at Deer Run again soon!

Not bad for the price

Early Sunday morning tee time. Course was busy but not crazy. Pace of play was what you should expect for a weekend morning. We played in 4 hours. Tee boxes need work. Fairways are in good shape mostly. Greens in good shape , except for some edges where it was just dirt. But the putts rolled good . Green speed about a 9. Bunkers had sand and I played out of they easily. Like I said not bad for the price.

Response from #DeerRunCC on 09/27/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 4-star review. On behalf of our staff, we are committed to providing our golfers with a valuable experience and appreciate all of your comments for improvements. Come back to The Country Club at Deer Run again soon!
Response from #DeerRunCC on 09/19/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, however, we're sorry to see your recent round may not have met your expectations. We would appreciate any additional feedback and invite you to reach out to our staff so we work on necessary improvements. We hope to have you back for an improved golf experience soon.
Response from #DeerRunCC on 09/27/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars! Come back to The Country Club at Deer Run again soon.

Good Value

Fairways and greens in good condition, tee boxes need some help

Response from #DeerRunCC on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for the 4-stars, and taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding our tee boxes as our staff continuously works on course improvements, but we hope you still enjoyed your recent round with us. Come back to The Country Club at Deer Run again soon!

Good

Good golf course. Pace of play is excellent. Highly recommended!

Response from #DeerRunCC on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for the great feedback and 4-stars! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us at The Country Club at Deer Run, and we truly appreciate your recommendation. Come see us again soon!

In pretty bad shape.

Tee boxes were all chewed up. Most greens had been at least partially "lost". Fairways ok. Nice bar.

Response from #DeerRunCC on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. We're sorry to hear your recent experience with us may not have met your expectations regarding some of the course conditions, but all of your comments regarding the tee boxes and greens will be shared with our staff as we continuously work on improvements. We hope you were still able to enjoy your round and that we can welcome you back for an improved golf experience soon.

Oh Deer! I'll run back to play again

Because of all the rain I pay attention to the reviews of courses. So in paying it forward. I believe that the course drains well. There were some sloppy spots (very few) but to be understood because of the rain. I believe the 15th hole they had marked off to not drive on the fairway which made sense. Some greens were bad but most were in good condition ~(15/18) Also some tee boxes were bad but for me nothing that a tee couldn't fix. Overall I had a good time and I will return. I feel they are working on the bad spots and they will get better. Also I got a coupon for return play :)

Response from #DeerRunCC on 08/08/2018:
On behalf of our staff at The Country Club at Deer Run, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, as well as your understanding regarding the recent weather in the area. We are continuously working on course improvements and all of your comments have been shared with the appropriate staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your return round!
Response from #DeerRunCC on 08/16/2018:
Thank you for the 4-stars and taking the time to leave us a review! Come back to The Country Club at Deer Run again soon.

Course needs serious help

I played here once before earlier in year around May. Course was not that bad then or I didn’t take notice of too much. Last time there was one green that looked like it had razor burn. Overzealous mowing on edge or something. Well this time I stopped counting the amount of greens that had serious damage that affected play. How can you putt on a green where it’s actually missing green and is a dirt crater? It changed the way I played some holes, had to chip from the fringe instead of putt to avoid putt going off line. Never mind the cauliflower(clover) growing in spots. Tee boxes had nothing but weeds growing instead of grass or were sparse of grass. The fairways were the only thing going for it. Okay, the cart girl is the only other thing going for it. Service from staff was great. The course condition is a killer though.

Response from #DeerRunCC on 08/16/2018:
Thank you for the 3-stars and taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your comments regarding some of the course conditions as they are shared with our staff, but please know we are aware and working diligently towards any improvements. We hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us, and that we can welcome you back for an improved experience soon.

Good bang for the buck

The tee boxes are getting worse, greens and fairways were in good condition, sand traps had water in them but considering how much rain we have been having all is good.

Response from #DeerRunCC on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review and taking the time to leave us with our feedback. We truly appreciate your understanding regarding the recent weather in the area and some of the course conditions, but we're glad to hear you still enjoyed your recent round with us. Come back to The Country Club at Deer Run again soon!

DeerRun is Cheap & Convenient

Its tough to complain when Hot Deal special is so cheap, but these greens are slow/shaggy. No sand in bunkers, but still got some practice in. I love the back9 layout -- Birdie #10, but followed with 3putt bogie #11. Last few holes are really good!

Response from #DeerRunCC on 07/19/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. All of your comments will be shared with our staff as we continuously work on course improvements, and we appreciate your understanding during this process. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your day with us and we hope to have you back for an even better round soon!
Casselberry, Florida