The Country Club at Deer Run

• 300 Daneswood Way, Casselberry, Florida 32707, Seminole County
  • www.deerruncc.com

Year built: 2003
Architect(s): Ron Garl (2002)
Type: Semi-Private
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Metal spikes allowed: Yes
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

"Making Progress"

Craig30215's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018

I play here once every 6-8 weeks and have seen some improvements since my last visit in March. Fairways are the highlight, whereas the greens and tee boxes still need some help. Handful of the greens still have a long ways to go but all of them are still playable for the most part. Pace of play was pretty quick being midday and mid-week and very hot. Wasn't a big fan of being paired up since it was fairly empty but understand their need to save on the extra cart. Definitely worth hot rate, but wouldn't go over $20 or $25 until more improvements were made.

"needs a little help!!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Most of the greens were in really good shape, several need work around the edges, fairways were good but the tee boxes need a lot of work

Response from #DeerRunCC on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars and taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your comments will be passed along to our staff for any potential improvements, and we hope you enjoyed your day with us. Thank you for choosing The Country Club at Deer Run!

"Over Prices for Course Conditions"

Luke2421659's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

The greens and tee boxes are in absolutely terrible shape. The fairways are decent but nothing to write home about. They chardge me $20 for a round at 2:30 in the afternoon. That course at that time of the day should be about $10. You can go down the street and pay $11 at Casselberry and get better course conditions.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 05/30/2018:

Luke, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we are truly sorry to hear your first round with us did not meet your expectations. Your comments regarding the greens and tee boxes will be shared with our staff for any potential improvements as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We also invite you to reach out to our Pro Shop with any specific concerns so we may address them with you. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for an improved golf experience soon.

"Rain brought out the green and the birds"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

Tee boxes have improved since I played a few weeks ago although some are still rough. Some sand traps had no sand but understandable for all the rain we received. Couple of greens were sanded for aeration but most were pretty good. Fairways not as wet as I would have thought although there were wet areas to stay clear of. Weather was wonderful seeing as it had rained ten straight days but the rain brought out the green and the birds. Enjoyable day!!

"Challenging"

DPru's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Great clubhouse folks...was good to sneak out on a Friday to the neighborhood course. This course has struggled with greens for as long as I can remember, but there are signs of life. I'd re-do a hole. #2, put the tee box next to the pond on 1, add a fairway bunker or two and you've still got a legit 4. It's kinda weird to hit an iron from the tips and have a 3 wood home.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 05/09/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars. We're glad to hear you are enjoying our improvements and that you could spend your Friday with us. Your comments will be shared with our staff for further improvements, and we hope we can welcome you back to The Country Club at Deer Run for another great day soon!

"Needs a lot of work"

tomt32707's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

I have been playing here on and off for over 20 years. The course right now is in poor condition. Tee boxes are barren, you have a hard time finding a decent spot to place your tee. Greens have weed patches and dried out areas. Tee boxes on par 3’s have no grass, just green dirt. Areas around greens are dry and make chipping difficult. Fairways are a mixture of weeds and grass, very uneven. I was very disappointed to see these conditions. I was a member here for 5 years and the course was in better shape. Hate to see it this way since it is convenient and close to home. Restaurant has been good for awhile, good food, and reasonable. Hoping conditions will improve but looks like it may take awhile.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 05/01/2018:

Hi Tom, thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations and will be sure to pass your comments along to our staff as we are committed to providing you with a great golf experience. We value your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we have the chance to welcome you back for an improved round soon.

"Non existent maintenance"

Jaime9610476's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018

Course is in a very, very bad shape, from hole 1 to 18. Looks like there have been no maintenance at all for months.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 05/03/2018:

Jaime, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. However, we are truly sorry to hear your recent experience with us may not have met your expectations. On behalf of our staff, your comments will be passed along for any potential improvements as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We invite you to reach out to us so we may address any of your concerns with you and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a better round soon.

"The course is in fair shape. Bunkers have little to no sand"

uFXWV2674FX's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018

I use to love the courese. I have seen it in better shape. Mainly the bunkers. Greens were super fast.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 05/03/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback, as well as the 3-stars. On behalf of our staff, we truly appreciate your comments as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience and invite you to reach out to us with any concerns. We hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us, and that we can welcome you back for another round soon.<br/>

"Nice Course"

m714291's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

Nice course, we were paired with another 2 players as the course was so busy. Pace of play was not great. It would have been nice to be notified that we would be paired

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 04/18/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, as well as the 4-stars. We apologize if your round was affected by a slow pace of play on the busy day, but we truly appreciate your feedback and understanding. We hope you were still able to enjoy the day with us and look forward to having you back at The Country Club at Deer Run again soon.

"course"

golferpapa's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

the course needs work on the fairways and greens. The price is very good for golf and can also add lunch at a good price. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I have been paired up a few times and the people are very friendly and had good will all.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 04/10/2018:

Thank you for the review and 4-stars! We appreciate your feedback as we are committed to providing you a valuable golf experience, and hope we can welcome you back for another round at The Country Club at Deer Run soon.

"very good layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018

Freindly staff and nice clubhouse--greens were fast

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 04/09/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 4-stars! We hope you had a great round and look forward to having you back at The Country Club at Deer Run again soon.

"Where are greens"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

Greens were in really bad condition not much grass in fairways. Good layout but course needs lots of work,really feel sorry for members.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 04/08/2018:

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us. We apologize that the course was not in the best shape on the day of your round, and we will be sure to forward your comments to our staff for improvements. We hope you were still able to enjoy the day with us, and that we can welcome you back for a better round soon.

"Do Not Go"

Golfnatr's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2018

Course is in terrible shape. Not worth your time at any price (I paid $30). Just played Eagle Dunes this morning (Sunday) for $40 and loved it. I have no idea how Deer Run is holding on to a 4 star rating. Makes NO sense.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 04/01/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and are truly sorry to hear your first experience with us did not meet your expectations. On behalf of our staff, we value your feedback so we may work on any potential improvements for your future experience with us. What can we do better?

"Course Needs Attention"

flstormz's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018

I have played here plenty of times over the years but I hadn't played here in a quite a while so I called and asked how the course conditions were before I made the tee time and I was told it was in "very good condition". This didn't surprise me because it usually had been - not perfect by any means - but very playable conditions when I've played in the past. The guy I talked to just outright lied. I don't expect courses to say "don't come here, it's in bad shape, go play somewhere else", but some honesty is expected. There are greens where there are large patches of dirt, sand, patched areas, even holes. Many tee boxes are a mess - just sand and dirt. If I had pictures I would have posted them so you golfers/reviewers can see what I'm referring to. I certainly don't expect PGA conditions, but I do expect the staff to be honest when asked so expectations can be lowered or I can consider playing elsewhere. Also, the cart girl drove past us three times without stopping to ask if we wanted anything...until the 17th hole.

The fairways are playable and the starter (older guy with glasses/white beard) is very nice.

If you want to play within 30 minutes of downtown Orlando, and aren't going to be picky about conditions, you can play here for $35 including lunch. Personally I'm taking Deer Run off my list of courses I play.

"Overrated"

firelt066's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2018

I play courses based on recommendations and reviews. This course rated good for the money so we gave it a try. I think the reviews were way to high. We had a mid morning tee time. One the first hole there there several groups waiting to play. A few groups asked to start on back nine to speed up the front and were rudely denied. The tee boxes were complete sand. The fairways weren’t much better. The greens were average at best. The food was excellent but expensive. For the money I would pay a few more dollars and play a better course. The cashier was less than polite but everyone else was very nice. There are a ton of courses to play in Florida and this is off my recommended courses. Good luck

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 03/13/2018:

On behalf of our staff at The Country Club at Deer Run, we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're very sorry to hear your first round with us did not meet your expectations, and we will be sure to pass your comments along to our staff as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We hope you were still able to enjoy part of your day with us, and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a better experience soon.

"Good course for the money"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2018

Had not played the course in quite a while, but I found it to be in very good condition, and the greens were fast just the way I like.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 03/11/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 3-stars! We appreciate your comments and are glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. Play again at Deer Run soon!

"No surprises!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I have not played the course in over 6 months due

to the sketchy course conditions. The greens were average and the fairways and tee boxes were the

same as they have been- low average. I played with my son who used to be a greenskeeper and we

decided if the club owner invested a little more in conditioning this course could become a powerhouse

like the pines due to its layout for the weekend golfer

and its close in location. CK.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 03/11/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Deer Run, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We truly value your comments regarding some of the course conditions and will be sure to pass them along to our staff for any necessary improvements. We hope you and your son were still able to enjoy the day with us and that we can welcome you back for an even better round soon.

"Fast Greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2018

Some greens have damage. Unexpectedly fast and cut very close. Nice fairways. Tee boxes could use some help. Need water. Scored terribly mostly due to PGA speed of greens

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 03/11/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Deer Run, we appreciate your feedback as well as the 4-stars. We will be sure to pass your comments regarding some of the course conditions to our staff so we may work on any necessary improvements. We hope you still enjoyed your day with us, and look forward to having you back again soon!

"Don't trust the layout as shown on the scorecard"

Asherwood46's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Course is only in fair condition. More grass in some of the bunkers than on the fairway. Scorecard map shows #13 as straight. Actually an almost 90 degree dogleg left. Pace was excellent but we picked a hot, windy day so that detracted from the experience. Overall just a fair course.

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 03/08/2018:

Hi Asher, thank you for leaving us with your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your recent round with us may not have met your expectations. and we truly appreciate your comments so we may pass them to our staff for necessary improvements. We hope you were still able to enjoy your round, and that we can welcome you back for a better one soon. Thank you for choosing The Country Club at Deer Run.

mxracer317's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2018

Response from The Country Club at Deer Run on 03/08/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 4-stars! On behalf of us at Deer Run, we're happy to provide you with a valuable golfing experience and hope you enjoyed your recent round with us. Play another one soon!