Tetherow Golf Club

Tan 72 6495 yards 71.3 135
Sage 72 6111 yards 69.7 131
Sage (W) 72 6111 yards 75.7 144
Scorecard for Tetherow
Kidd M: 74.9/141 400 546 197 481 429 424 226 395 532 3630 316 466 425 588 190 437 476 182 588 3668 7298
Black M: 73.4/138 388 534 172 442 408 409 189 389 499 3430 289 455 405 563 190 420 452 174 577 3525 6955
Black/Tan M: 72.0/134 381 534 146 391 399 409 189 364 499 3312 289 420 386 521 157 390 424 174 511 3272 6584
Tan M: 70.9/132 W: 77.4/153 381 514 146 391 399 379 163 364 492 3229 273 420 386 541 157 390 424 164 511 3266 6495
Sage M: 69.6/127 W: 75.3/147 337 505 146 331 365 369 145 364 471 3033 273 400 362 520 157 358 405 139 464 3078 6111
Red M: 66.0/116 W: 70.9/133 296 475 122 295 309 327 105 304 387 2620 253 365 297 465 149 322 380 118 373 2722 5342

Year Built 2008
Golf Season April - November
Architect David McLay Kidd (2008) Tommy Cushnahan (2008)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Oregon (2016 #9)

Texas Advisor

there are not enough stars...

I would definitely give this course more than five stars if I could. It is one of my all time favorites. The whole facility seems to have an attitude and a vibe that is a little more modern and cool. It was certainly a welcome change from the usual formula for a top notch golf facility.

So let's get to the big question... Golf boards: great thing or greatest thing? I had never golf boarded before, but the videos looked really fun. I'm not a surfer, snowboarder, skater, or anything like that so I didn't know if I'd actually be able to pull it off. It's a little bit of baptism by fire on the way to the first tee, but I left wishing I could play every round with a golf board. It's super fun to cruise the fairways, and I think it does help distract your mind from getting too hung up on poor shots because you are way more focused on not dying!

There is actually a golf course here too, and it is fantastic! I am a big fan of the more natural, fast rolling courses. This course will test you. It's tight and there is trouble all around. Having a forecaddy is definitely very helpful! Precision is required with every swing, but good shots are rewarded (most of the time). This is a style of golf I really enjoy (also a big fan of Chamber's Bay), but it's not for everyone.

The views are breathtaking and the golf is great. It's a hard combination to beat! You should check it out.

Fun and challenging

I spent a day visiting courses out in bend in order to pick a course that was going to be challenging and unique. My first stop was Pronghorn and I was impressed with amenities. The course was beautiful but boring. I have golfed many tracks that look similar that did not cost as much. I looked a a few more tracks that were nice and can see why people like them but....BORING! When I arrived at Tethrow is was immediately impressed with what I saw. The pro shop staff might have thought they were on tour based on their tough guy attitude...LOL. The aloof attitude does not bother me anyway. I set a tee time for the following day with ease. My experience on the course was amazing I had a great caddie . Loved the greens and how you really can get creative on picking a line. Each hole is unique and segregated form the other holes. The views are amazing. This course is for anyone that loves to be challenged and understands that it can be difficult. My only complaint was my caddie played with me which I would have rather had him just caddie.

Oregon Advisor

Scenic, Challenging and Worth Trying

Let me just start by saying Tetherow is a very tough course. Fairways are hard and fast, and the greens have huge undulations and they are lightning quick. Many times a 3-putt is a reasonable result. This last weekend the weather in Bend was stunning. 80 degrees and perfect. We began our round with a little wind but that died down soon after. Tetherow is also very dry right now, the fairways were even harder than usual. Everything was in good condition and the greens had mostly recovered from issues early on in the summer. Overall the greens were true, the course can feel unfair sometimes though. It's not for the faint of heart, and not really for amateurs or those real loose off the tee. It's worth playing to say you've played it, but not something you'd play a lot unless you want your ego bruised!

Dont waste your money

With respect to my fellow golfers who had a positive experience at Tetherow, I completely disagree with their reviews. Tetherow is in terrible shape. The greens are the worst I've ever played. I'm serious, their terrible and the excuses given by the pro shop attendants and the caddies for their condition are laughable. I truly feel sorry for the staff to have to apologize for the condition of the golf course. Aside from the greens, we found the remainder of the course to be equally as poor. If you happen the land in a common landing area on any of the 18 holes, odds are you'll find an un-filled divot. I expect it at a muni, not at a course charging what Tetherow charges. Of course, our cart was out of sand/seed mix, leaving the caddy to make yet another apology. We began our round mid-morning. By the time we made the turn, we were eager to pick up some beverages and some food. No luck., the snack shack at the turn is closed. Our Caddy left us to run to the club house to pick up an order for us, but as we played on, he caught back up to us on the 11 green. 2 full golf holes to get a drink? It's 90 degrees in Central Oregon during the summer. The Hot Dog stand after 13, closed as well. Seriously? Terrible golf conditions, zero opportunities to purchase as much as snack or drink and bunch of excuses and apologies for a rotten day of golf. That's our Tetherow experience. Unfortunately, we're not alone in disappointment. Sitting on the deck for a post round beer, we engaged in conversation with a few of the Tetherow members. It seems the greens were "murdered" a few months ago and the terrible service issues have plagued the course for the last few years. Shame on Tetherow management. The design is superb, the rest of the experience is miserable. Play Pronghorn, Play Brasada Ranch, Play Crosswater. Heck play Widgi, at they offer the ability to purchase a beer. One final note - when warming up on the Tetherow range, place your ball in the dirt or a warn area of the range. You wont see a single blade of grass the range is made of, while playing the course. It's a completely different experience. My apologies if this comes across as venting, it's just an accurate description of our Tetherow experience.

mscheelar
Commented On 09/26/2014

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I am headed there next week and called the proshop to discuss. They say the greens are back to 90% complete as far as the recovery goes.

A Rugged Masterpiece (with an asterisk)

Stayed and Played at Tetherow. First, if you are looking for a place to "stay and play" in the Bend area, this is it. The lodging is superb, and the views of the course are spectacular. As for the course, I absolutetly loved it. It is a rugged beauty that has one "signature" hole after another. We played five courrses in the Bend area, and this is the only one where I can remember ALL of the holes. The ONLY reason I did not rate it higher is because the greens are not good - they used a certain herbicide to kill off poa and it backfired on them. Most greens are ok; some are not very good at all. Having said all of that, I would still play it again.

Industry Insider

David McLay Kidd's High-Desert masterpiece

This course is unlike any other course in Central Oregon. David McLay Kidd created an all-fescue linkslike design that is extremly challenging, even though it has been softened up a little bit. The brownish look even gives the track a different visual appeal that can be seen at first glance. Due to the bumps, craters and hollows and the firm ground the ball can take unexpected bounces. The layout is sort of love-hate but I always enjoy tackling this unique design when I visit Bend.

Sunriver, Oregon