Spruce Creek Country Club

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

Soggy and almost unplayable

With recent rains we knew the course would be wet, but Spruce Creek usually drains well, compared to others in the area. When I checked in the pro shop attendant was preoccupied with a phone call; he never mentioned that any of the holes were cart path only, although I know they are usually marked and there was no indication of the back nine being closed. # of the holes on the front nine had water so deep in the fairways that we had to leave a ball in a "lake" because it was too big and too deep to get it. We pulled around to 10 and the sign read "back 9 cart path only", so we teed off. 1 minute later the pro shop attendant came driving out yelling the back nine is closed, I told you that when you checked in......so we played the 6 playable holes again which I would have just gotten a refund for upon check-in had some actually told me that the course was under water. I'll wait a few weeks before returning and hope that the course has a chance to dry out and that someone else is working in the pro shop next time!

Usually Good Condition

I play here about 8-10 times a year and the course is usually in good shape. The greens were firm and medium speed. Were putting fairly true. The fairways were nice. The rough should have been cut and was difficult to find balls at times, probably because of all the rain lately. Overall good condition and enjoyable.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hi u000002616994. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Spruce Creek Country Club.

Course was great, but the guy checking me in was not so great, rude to me and from what the other 3 guys said that I didn't know he was the same with them. Everyone had the same opinion, he was a control freak! People that are rude shouldn't be dealing with the public, better if he were washing carts or emptying trash cans on the course.

Commented on 07/29/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. We will pass along your comments to our staff so that we can make the necessary improvements. Thank you for playing Spruce Creek Country Club.

Nice Course

Best conditions of the courses I have played around this area. Greens were perfect for a course in this price range. Fairways full, lush, and green. Try it you will like it, but save me a tee time. :)

Commented on 07/27/2020

rvalorose, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Spruce Creek Country Club.

Fairways & Greens are great!

The course is in great shape overall. Some tee boxes being worked on, so 4 stars but good to see they are always improving the course conditions.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hi realtorman71. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Spruce Creek Country Club!

This course is good challenge and is great shape.

Enjoy playing the course because the course layout is great.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us russref. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Spruce Creek Country Club thanks you!

Very good course

The course was very good. Some part of it had standing water on the course. Very friendly staff and not over booked, perfect for single players.
I strongly recommend this golf course. This course is close to Crane Lane golf and country club. Stay away from Crane land golf.

Commented on 07/16/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Spruce Creek Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/15/2020

Hi, gman28507. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Spruce Creek Country Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/09/2020

Hi, thank you so much for your 5-star rating of us! We're pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Spruce Creek Country Club!

Good relax cours

For me going for me first time I really enjoyed it my Gentlemen in the pro gentleman in the pro shop was very polite and helpful he told me where all the cover spots are if it rained and it did so thank you for that and after it stop the Course is an excellent maintenance course is an excellent maintenance not for beginners a little tough course but overall I recommend it

Commented on 07/10/2020

Tommy, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Spruce Creek Country Club.

Commented on 06/29/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Spruce Creek Country Club!

Beautiful tight course

Great course for those who drive the ball long. Very well maintained course.

Commented on 06/29/2020

u314159983794, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Spruce Creek Country Club.

Never disappointed here

Always in good shape. Greens just a tad slow but in good shape. Lots of rain lately but course drains well. Fairways also good. Had a great day/round.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Thank you for your review, dscisciani. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Spruce Creek Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

greens are getting better

always treated nice by staff here. greens are coming back and putting true. back nine is a lot harder than front. get your birdies on the front, won't be too many on the back. will return.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Hi jimmyv60. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Spruce Creek Country Club!

Commented on 06/17/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Spruce Creek Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Aerated without Golf Now notification

Only 9 holes open, fairways/tee boxes punched/aerated, greens all aerated, shaggy, and covered with unsettled sand (not really playable). Tractors spraying chemicals on fairways while players on course (hopefully not Roundup). I did get some sand practice in, it was basically equivalent to 3 hours on a range so worth a large bucket of balls.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Hi, u000001559876. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Spruce Creek Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Cozy course that is challenging but fair

Really liked this course that winds its way through houses, streets and yards similar to a course I played regularly as a kid. Greens are consistent and roll true. Layout is a good mixture of straight and dogleg holes with a good bit of sand and water.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Hi oldsage. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Spruce Creek Country Club.

Course Conditions

The greens were fast but putting true. I sure they keep the course this condition.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, russref! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Spruce creek

Grass in fairways and very good greens
Great value

Commented on 06/17/2020

billkoz, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Spruce Creek Country Club.

Great Conditions

We have played here many times and the course is usually in great shape. While many other courses in the area have started to get dried out , Spruce Creek has done a good job to keep the fairways & tee boxes in good condition and the greens are fast and true. We had a great round!

Commented on 06/17/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us realtorman71. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Spruce Creek Country Club thanks you!

Port Orange, Florida