Daytona Beach Golf Club - North Course

Year Built 1946
Architect Slim Deathrage (1946) Robert Walker (1995)

Practice Hole Yes

Playing Multiple Courses 8

Still a nice course

I noticed that no one had reviewed this course in months on Golfadvisor so I thought I'd provide an update.

Course was in in very good condition. Greens were "fluffy" and slow, but in good condition.

Layout is good. Open fairways with enough sand and water to keep it interesting . Not an outright stunning course in the landscaping/views. Just a basic golf course with good conditions, good clubhouse restaurant, good prices, friendly people and not crowded.

Wonderful golf course

This is a wonderful golf course, and in my opinion the best golf course to play in the area.
I have only played the North course, and find a very interesting layout and usually great pace of play, some of the holes remind me of golf courses I have played in Hawaii, very beautiful.
Everyone there seems extremely friendly, except the lady in the pro shop, who is quite rude, there's absolutely no reason for that.
I do recommend this golf course.

Overzealous Ranger

Visiting and unfamiliar with course...no clear direction to 17 or 18 so my partner and I fell slightly behind. Ranger came up to us on 18 as we were making approach shot to green to tell us that a 4some "was waiting" behind us...really? Disgruntled locals...no excuse for that warning IMO.

BTW...played in 3:40...

Course was ok...green fairly fast...course in pretty good shape altho wet from recent rains.

If I visit DB again...won't be coming back.

Good but not great

The greens on the North course used to be pretty quick. Yesterday they were slower than the South course. Don't know if they did not cut them in the morning or not. One thing they need to remedy is the length of the rough. This is a municipal course and the length of the rough is ridiculous. The bermuda just swallows up the ball making it difficult to find your ball. A muny course should not have rough this thick as it tends to slow down the pace of play.

Commented on 10/22/2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our course, we greatly appreciate any and all feedback. I apologize the conditions of the course were not up to standards. I want to ensure you we strive to make the best possible course conditions. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Very fast pace of play

My father in law and I played 18 in under 3 hours. Course overall was in pretty good shape but a few of the greens had some bare spots. It didn't bother me and I'd definitely do it again for $31

Commented on 07/21/2015

We are so glad you enjoyed your time here with us! Thank you so much for the feedback, we greatly appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again!

Green recently Aerated but very playable

My wife was working a job Friday in Daytona Beach and I decided to play some golf - needed a course at a a good price near where she was working - Daytona Beach North came up on a course search - price was good - staff was friendly - got paired up with a single and a couple who played here before - good thing as the local knowledge was helpful - the greens look to have been aerated within the last week or so and as such were a little bumpy but playable - should be good once they come completely back - some bare spots - fairways a little lush but still playable - rough not to heavy - all in all good value for the money

Commented on 07/21/2015

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your time here with us and hope to see you again soon! Thanks again!

Daytona Beach GC North Course

Daytona municipal course? Pace of play was great since course was not crowded and a couple of groups let me play thru. Layout good for municipal, conditions relatively good everywhere except a few of the greens had some trouble spots not affecting play. Generally the greens are pretty nice and putted medium speed but a few putts did get away trying to force the line. Good course for the 2 PM twilight rate.

Commented on 06/05/2015

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience here with us and we hope to see you again soon! Again, thank you for your feedback!

Daytona golf

Nice course great greens the fairways could use work.The pace of play was good & the course was busy

good muni

greens were ok. Typical flat Fla coast course. Bunkers were difficult because of all the new sand added to them. So much sand You're feet wound sink into the deep soft sand. I guess that;s why they added a 2 buck extra "course improvement charge" to the green fees. ok to good overall. My third or forth choice in the Daytona area

One Of Daytona's Best

Greens were in great shape, for this time of year. Best overall condition of the other 5 courses I played in the area in the past 2 weeks. Well trapped to cause you problems if you cant place your shots. Should be a top choice for you visit to the area.

Challenging

Nice course. A number of water hazards. In good condition, both greens and fairways.

Not bad

The course is nice and I went off early in the morning so there wasn't much traffic

Good Overall Municipal Golf Club

Played here for the first time. Was surprisingly impressed with overall condition of course. Greens were in excellent condition, roughs were brown due to colder weather in the last month. Bunkers were soft and well raked.

Nice Course

We were pair up with 2 other golfers which were club members we had a great time with them. the course was slow waiting to tee-off at holes. Finished just before dark.

A good track, with enough challenges

I was pleasantly surprised to fine the track in great shape. I'll certainly be back on this vacation.

Nice track

Great track - only time I have played there - in great condition. Pace of play was wonderful - 3.5 hours. No food or drink to speak of.

daytona north

Verry challenging course. Had a great time plaing it.

Very good course, tough greens.

It was very busy and we were joined by a loud mouth, rude golfer. The course layout is very good and challenging, but some of the greens were burnt. The overseeding didn't take, but the roll was true. I like this course but with the restaurant under repair, there is no food and very little drink. Generally the golfers are local and feel like the own the course - pushy and aggressive.

enjoyed the course

Enjoyed playing. Played he north course, was paired with one other player, had a great time. Was concerned about my tee time, as when I approached the starter 20 minutes early, was told I should be on the tee now with a couple that he had three foursomes behind us. As it turned out, I paired up with someone on the range, and then a threesome teed up behind us. Bit confusing, but all worked out

Fun Course

I have played here a few times a year for the past several years and have always enjoyed the course. It is easy enough for high handicappers but challenging enough for better players. The greens were good, the fairways, rough and bunkers were all well cared for. Had a great time.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020