North at Daytona Beach Golf & Country Club

Scorecard for North
Blue M: 71.0/129 W: 77.6/143 338 178 400 526 316 152 375 485 386 3156 426 170 318 378 163 405 327 472 523 3182 6338
White M: 69.2/124 W: 75.1/135 303 160 378 475 290 131 355 468 359 2919 402 165 293 359 155 374 311 444 515 3018 5937
Gold M: 67.4/114 W: 71.8/133 289 136 352 450 267 119 337 436 344 2730 375 145 263 333 140 359 293 415 428 2751 5481
Red M: 64.7/110 W: 69.6/118 270 105 316 422 243 105 303 404 320 2488 332 130 215 306 126 326 278 367 403 2483 4971

Year Built 1946
Architect Slim Deathrage (1946) Robert Walker (1995)

Practice Hole Yes

Playing Multiple Courses 8

Still a nice course

I noticed that no one had reviewed this course in months on Golfadvisor so I thought I'd provide an update. Course was in in very good condition. Greens were "fluffy" and slow, but in good condition. Layout is good. Open fairways with enough sand and water to keep it interesting . Not an outright stunning course in the landscaping/views. Just a basic golf course with good conditions, good clubhouse restaurant, good prices, friendly people and not crowded.
Course Conditions Excellent
Course Layout Good

Wonderful golf course

This is a wonderful golf course, and in my opinion the best golf course to play in the area. I have only played the North course, and find a very interesting layout and usually great pace of play, some of the holes remind me of golf courses I have played in Hawaii, very beautiful. Everyone there seems extremely friendly, except the lady in the pro shop, who is quite rude, there's absolutely no reason for that. I do recommend this golf course.
Off-course amenities Average
Value for the Money Excellent
Course Layout Excellent

Overzealous Ranger

Visiting and unfamiliar with course...no clear direction to 17 or 18 so my partner and I fell slightly behind. Ranger came up to us on 18 as we were making approach shot to green to tell us that a 4some "was waiting" behind us...really? Disgruntled locals...no excuse for that warning IMO. BTW...played in 3:40... Course was ok...green fairly fast...course in pretty good shape altho wet from recent rains. If I visit DB again...won't be coming back.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Course Layout Average

Good but not great

The greens on the North course used to be pretty quick. Yesterday they were slower than the South course. Don't know if they did not cut them in the morning or not. One thing they need to remedy is the length of the rough. This is a municipal course and the length of the rough is ridiculous. The bermuda just swallows up the ball making it difficult to find your ball. A muny course should not have rough this thick as it tends to slow down the pace of play.
Commented On 10/22/2015
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our course, we greatly appreciate any and all feedback. I apologize the conditions of the course were not up to standards. I want to ensure you we strive to make the best possible course conditions. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Very fast pace of play

My father in law and I played 18 in under 3 hours. Course overall was in pretty good shape but a few of the greens had some bare spots. It didn't bother me and I'd definitely do it again for $31
Quality of food & beverage Excellent
Off-course amenities Excellent
Commented On 07/21/2015
We are so glad you enjoyed your time here with us! Thank you so much for the feedback, we greatly appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again!

Green recently Aerated but very playable

My wife was working a job Friday in Daytona Beach and I decided to play some golf - needed a course at a a good price near where she was working - Daytona Beach North came up on a course search - price was good - staff was friendly - got paired up with a single and a couple who played here before - good thing as the local knowledge was helpful - the greens look to have been aerated within the last week or so and as such were a little bumpy but playable - should be good once they come completely back - some bare spots - fairways a little lush but still playable - rough not to heavy - all in all good value for the money
Staff Friendliness Excellent
Commented On 07/21/2015
Thank you so much for the feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your time here with us and hope to see you again soon! Thanks again!

Daytona Beach GC North Course

Daytona municipal course? Pace of play was great since course was not crowded and a couple of groups let me play thru. Layout good for municipal, conditions relatively good everywhere except a few of the greens had some trouble spots not affecting play. Generally the greens are pretty nice and putted medium speed but a few putts did get away trying to force the line. Good course for the 2 PM twilight rate.
Staff Friendliness Excellent
Commented On 06/05/2015
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience here with us and we hope to see you again soon! Again, thank you for your feedback!

Daytona golf

Nice course great greens the fairways could use work.The pace of play was good & the course was busy
Quality of food & beverage Good

good muni

greens were ok. Typical flat Fla coast course. Bunkers were difficult because of all the new sand added to them. So much sand You're feet wound sink into the deep soft sand. I guess that;s why they added a 2 buck extra "course improvement charge" to the green fees. ok to good overall. My third or forth choice in the Daytona area
Staff Friendliness Average
Off-course amenities Average

One Of Daytona's Best

Greens were in great shape, for this time of year. Best overall condition of the other 5 courses I played in the area in the past 2 weeks. Well trapped to cause you problems if you cant place your shots. Should be a top choice for you visit to the area.
Pace of Play Average