Scorecard for Glen Abbey
Blue M: 71.4/127 387 496 179 416 339 192 510 389 417 3325 351 409 209 510 162 377 408 420 518 3364 6689
White M: 68.8/122 W: 71.0/125 315 446 130 373 301 143 473 372 368 2921 335 393 161 482 144 355 388 402 490 3150 6071
Yellow M: 66.4/114 W: 68.8/118 300 397 130 355 269 111 457 330 330 2679 325 385 161 430 135 345 335 390 460 2966 5645

Year Built 1974
Fairways Winter Rye
Architect Dominic Palombo (1974)

Good Value

Glen Abbey is a very nice course that is a great value for the money. The course is not as plush as some courses, but it has plenty of grass and you can find decent lies anywhere. The greens are fast and put true. I would recommend this course to anyone and especially for those who are looking for more for their buck.

Fair to Bad

Played here a month ago and decided to give it another chance. There was improvement around the greens with grass filling in the bare spots. The greens were brown and some sort of weeds popping all over. If you hit one on your putt you didn't know where the ball would be going. The t boxes were ok. A course for beginners and families. For the $29 i payed it wasn't worth it. They spent more money doubling the size of the bar than taking care of the course. I feel bad for all of the staff because they are extremely nice. I would have rather paid an extra $10 and played another course. You can get a golf now deal and play it for $16 which is what it's worth. Alot of potential out there.

Fair condition

Greens are brown with small growths. Fairways are ok, some ruts due to cart tracks in soft ground. Some challenging holes. Pace of play average. Friendly staff.

Commented On 2019-02-05T16:44:11.000+00:00

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Glen Abbey Golf Club. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course. However, we are glad to see you had friendly interaction with our staff and found the course to be challenging to play. Our golfers overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, and we hope to seeing you again soon.

Needs improvement

Have played this course numerous times. The greens are usually in good shape and can play fast. There are a number of interesting holes on each nine so the layout is good. The t boxes are generally in decent shape. The only draw back is the fairways on many of the holes is not good. Very little grass if any which makes for difficult shots. The grass around the greens is mainly non existent. I watched the players in the league pull their carts up right next to the green. This kills all the grass and leaves nothing but sand. I told the club house that putting stakes and ropes up would help. They said they tried that but players either pull up the stakes or drive right through them. The cart paths are bad which makes for a very bumpy ride out there. For the price, you get what you pay for (And here that is a little high). If they improve the course they could get more play and increase the fees. Until its improved, I won't be going back. On the upside, the staff out here is great.

Great course to take the family

When you have 3 kids that want to play, this is the course to go. Found a great twilight deal and had a blast.

No rain check

Need a rain check policy for golf now customers. Will not make a tee time if rain in the forecast. If to wet to play I would like the option to get a rain check on a prepaid tee time

Commented On 2018-11-26T18:31:07.000+00:00

Hello John, thank you for reviewing our course, Glen Abbey Golf Club. We're very sorry to hear that you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding in regards to your reservation and rain check policy. In the future, we hope that we can better clarify in the future if necessary. Thank you for choosing our course, we hope to see you again soon.

Response from Glen Abbey Golf Club on 11/20/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Terrible condition I would never play here again and my wife was attacked by a dog today and the 15th hole very disappointed

Response from Glen Abbey Golf Club on 10/03/2018:
Hello Desi2636427, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Glen Abbey Golf Club. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course. Our golfer's overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Once upon a time

At one time I am sure this was a well conditioned course as the "root"s are there. Today however the lack of maintenance was obvious as the fairways, were sandy and the drainage for water was very poor resulting in what fairways that were present were wet. Some Tee boxes were hard to determine if not for the box markers.

Bruce's review.

I have played here a lot.

Course is good condition and plays a little

challenging. The folks at the course are like

family. Always nice to me. Maybe that's

because I am always nice to them.

Good fun course with friends for the money

Great value for the money. The greens are in pretty good shape.

Mixed feelings about this course

I have played this course about 6 times in the last 3 months and I kept hoping it would get better but the conditions are just awful. The staff however is wonderful and I feel bad writing a negative review which is entirely about course conditions and not the staff. I have played there frequently lately as my wife is a beginner just learning the game and the course was not crowded so she didn't feel rushed or intimidated. The greens fees are very cheap but this is a case of you get what you pay for, There very few holes where the grass in the fairway is abundant and in good shape. Most fairways are mostly weeds and sand. What is not sand or weeds is bare dirt hard as concrete. It can make for a very frustrating golf experience to hit a ball well and where you want it only to find that your lie is horrible. The greens are actually not bad but weeds are beginning to take over. If price is your biggest criteria then I highly recommend but I just got too frustrated with the conditions to come back again.

keysbear152
Commented On 2018-07-04T02:48:49.000+00:00

Update- Played the course again on June 30 and things have improved. There is still a ways to go but the grass in the fairways was better although still a bit sparse in some areas. The greens were in good shape and the weed encroachment I mentioned earlier has been addressed. Very happy to see that an effort is being made to improve the conditions as I really like this course layout. Kudos....I will be back.

needs work

the greens are good but the fairways need to be punched. they were hard and not much grass.

New owners, greens excellent,fairways and tee boxes need work. Staff excellent, would play there again

DeBary, Florida