Gambler Ridge Golf Course

Indoor Practice No

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Solid

Course is solid. Short but offers some challenges with layout. I'd say condition was very good, but the greens could use a little work. Staff was friendly and pace of play today was great.

Commented on 07/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u745321337. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Gambler Ridge Golf Club thanks you!

Ehh

For the way they act at this course you'd expect it to be maintained better. The roughs were terrible, the fairways weren't great, tee boxes were a disaster, overall not a great course and the time slots for playing was way too mashed up. Much better courses within the area that are much better maintained with a less pinky up attitude.

Ignorant staffers

It was a beautiful day for my first round at Gambler Ridge Golf course. Course was in pretty decent shape and I was playing well. After 9 we were stopped and told to speed up, which we had no problems with. The starters proceeded to harass us on 12,13, and 14. Keep in mind we had to wait to tee off on the par 4 because the group in front of us was in the fairway. Additionally on the par 5, when we were told to speed up for the fourth and final time, the group behind us hadn’t even reached the tee box. We completed the round in exactly three hours time, which is way ahead of the suggested 3 hours and 37 minute round for a foursome. I felt rushed, and harassed all because of the backlog they clearly created by over scheduling tee times and for the fact I will never recommend or go back to this course. I’d rather go a mile down the road to cream ridge.

Great day with my boyz

Great day on the course. Staff was great and course was in great shape. The pace was a little slow and bit was it hot. Oh well, still was a great day with my boyz

It was OK

Greens were VERY slow. Pace was baaaad! I like the track and we got lucky and played with a great couple and had a lot of fun. The group in front of us were brutal and nothing was done. When it’s 95 degrees you don’t want to play a 4:45 round but...

In all it was OK. I’ll prob be back.

Ray

Commented on 07/09/2020

Hello, Ray5379669. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With so many golfers looking to get out, we are working very hard to maintain social distancing while accommodating everyone who visits our course. We are doing everything we can to allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds and finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and thank you for playing Gambler Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Don't Waste Your Time or Money Playing Here

Didn't get on the tee box at our booked time. The course was in absolute trash condition. The tee boxes were butchered as well as the fairways. All the greens were poorly maintained. Because of rain the prior evening they requested to only use the carts on the rough and cart path only to reduce damage to the fairway. Frankly the tire tracks might have been an upgrade compared to all the weeds and bald spots on the fairways. Then top it off the ranger wanted to get nasty to the groups around us for crossing the fairways and threaten to take the keys of their cart. I would never recommend this dump to anyone.

Uninspired boring terrible course

My son and I played and the conditions were surprisingly poor. The reviews were overall good that’s why we came. The course is 85% weed and I don’t mean the smokeable kind. The layout is boring,
The cart paths are terrible. The greens are not true and very slow. Pace of play is a joke. Two groups were ahead of us and we constantly waited, apparently they were having a PGA championship game.
I will say that the staff are overwhelmingly friendly.
So many better choices around. $100 for the two of us was way overpriced .
Tee boxes were so torn up we could’ve planted a garden.
The best part were the roosters on the back 9

HORRIBLE!!!!

First let me start by saying I played Gamblers Ridge around a month ago and wrote a favorable review. However we played there today and the course was in horrible shape, the greens had ball marks everywhere, not rolled, not cut, NO RANGER TO BE SEEN, we waited for 5 minutes on every shot, on the 11 hole there was 4 groups waiting........FOUR GROUPS. And BTW this is 400 yards from the clubhouse. We obviously left after 10 or it would have been a 6 hour round.

We will never play there again!!!!! Just Horrible!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!!!!

First let me start by saying I played Gamblers Ridge around a month ago and wrote a favorable review. However we played there today and the course was in horrible shape, the greens had ball marks everywhere, not rolled, not cut, NO RANGER TO BE SEEN, we waited for 5 minutes on every shot, on the 11 hole there was 4 groups waiting........FOUR GROUPS. And BTW this is 400 yards from the clubhouse, there is no one managing the course for pace of play. We obviously left after 10 or it would have been a 6 hour round.

We will never play there again!!!!! Just Horrible!!!!!

Commented on 07/09/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159985330! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Gambler Ridge Golf Club!

Great day

Great day Greens a lot nicer we fix a lot of Ball marks on the greens that’s what people have to do to make the greens perfect

Commented on 07/09/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Gambler Ridge Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

In a pinch....

....is the only time I’d recommend playing Gambler Ridge.
Layout is very friendly for casual golfers. Not very long, not very penal. Greens very slow and horrible ball marks on all. Rough is too high and many fairways and other areas are beat up. If your jonesing for a round of golf - any golf - I guess gambler will do. But only in a pinch.

Commented on 07/09/2020

Hi, u289414860. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Gambler Ridge Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 07/09/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Gambler Ridge Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Course condition

Barely into summer and the course is absolutely trashed. Wouldn’t think about coming back until next spring. Maybe

Commented on 06/29/2020

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Gambler Ridge Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Good value

Please the course with a buddy. We had an early tee time, just before 7. Course was in decent shape. Most greens and tee boxes were fine but there were a couple that needed some work. Not a very challenging course but requires some strategy on some short par 4s. Overall it was a good experience for the rate we paid. I would play here again.

Great day

Great dayJust greens are a little bumpy people have to fix Their own ball marks & other peoples to keep the greens nice Still need to be rolled

Commented on 06/29/2020

Not worth the cheap price

no sign of any workers on the course
rough overgrown
likely to lose their greens as bad spots already showing up
no one apparently ever fixes a ball mark or rakes a trap
(that is on the players, not the course) but shows you the "quality" of the players attracted to this course

Commented on 06/26/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Gambler Ridge Golf Club.

Good golf for the money

Tee boxes could use some work. GREAT COURSE FOR THE MONEY

Commented on 06/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us hliscombe. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Gambler Ridge Golf Club thanks you!

Pace of play was brutal

The course was is pretty good shape, tee boxes very good, fairways not bad, greens very good but hard and had quite a few run-offs with approaches and chips. The issue was 8 minute tee times and not enough carts. I get the fact that they are trying to make up lost revenue but we had a 1:32 tee time and didn't begin until just before 2pm. We waited on every hole, many times behind two other groups. Finally finished at 6:55 pm.
I have played this course perhaps 6 times in the past and it is not long, generous fairways and should take 3:45 to play leisurely.
To be honest I would hesitate to play here again if they continue the 8 minute tee times.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Hi dkoppa! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Cream Ridge, New Jersey