Type Private
Style Links

Year Built 1998
Architect Steve Smyers (1998)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express
Dress code collared shirts, denim jeans not permitted

Entertaining Clients 13

Not really worth the money. There was a wedding going on, couldn’t have lunch. Some of the greens were a little rough.

Nice course. Bad weather.

Really nice course. Wide open fairways. Many large bunkers. Challenging layout. Friendly staff. Bad weather when we played but still had a good time. Will be back when the weather improves.

Pace of play ruined the day

We have always enjoyed Royce Brook. But. sand traps were terrible . Clearly they hadn’t been raked in some time.
While the fairways and green were fine the pace of play was beyond awful. Our 4 some teed off at 12.50. At 5.10 after 14 holes we packed it in. Never before in my experience had it taken so long to play 14 holes.

Great course - few suggestions

I really liked the challenge and layout of this course- was in very good condition. Greens great. Bunkers could be brutal- thankfully I only landed in one. It was my first time here and thought the signage for the holes could be better. I was quite surprised and disappointed that there were no rest rooms or porta johns ANYWHERE on the course - it least have one for front 9 and back 9. otherwise strongly recommend.

First time

Great layout, no sand to speak of, bunkers were like hard pan. Does anyone fix ball marks?? I don’t think so.
Greens and bunkers need some TLC.

Great course in value and play

Excellent layout, gorgeous course. Greens were perfect
Traps need raked, literally none were.
Approaches were soaking wet and ball wouldn't roll/ bounce
Everything else was perfect. Will play again.

Better than last year

Played Royce Brook the other day. Not my first time playing it but haven't been there this year. Other courses have entered the rotation and we have been enjoying them. Had to go to royce Brook this weekend because could not get a tee time at the other courses. The course was in great shape from tee to green, much better than other years. The only thing that keeps us away is the $100 price tag on the weekend. We were second group out and pace of play was not an issue but things were getting backed up behind us. Conditions were good and if you are thinking of going get an early tee time

5-1/2 to 6 hr round not fun

Course is in good enough condition. How ever starter sends groups out 6 minutes apart and over booked course. For 89$ should be enjoyable however pace of play was 5 hrs and 45 minutes will never golf there again.

Poorly managed

Had a poorly managed outing in the morning. Resulting in a 5 hr round for everyone in east course. Not a country club pace. No refreshment cart all day. Terrible

What happened?

Got the course on a hotdeal for $38. It’s listed as $129 on sat and sun mornings. Course is in really nice shape for $30-40, but not for $130. I played there this past Sunday and it’s clear they haven’t cut the aprons or fringe since. There are large piles of weeds growing everywhere. The apron around the greens should be a putt/chip choice. It’s a wedge for sure. Course was fantastic last year, but slipped this year. Hopefully it’s just a bad week.

Golfers Delight

The only criticism I have is for the golfers who play here. Take responsibility for your divots. Actually, if we all fix at least one divot on every green, there would be no divots left to affect the roll on the greens.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon. We appreciate your efforts to help maintain course conditions and agree that everyone can do their part. Have a great day!

What a Disaster!

I've played this course before and I did not expect the condition of this course. Tee boxes were loaded with crabgrass, bunkers were like cement and most without rakes. Most of the fairways were burnt and in bad shape and most of the greens were ringed with crabgrass. It did not look to me or my son that the course was being taken care of. Will not play this course again. A BIG waste of my money! I know they're planning on building low income housing on the property so I guess they're just letting it go.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thank you for your feedback. We take your opinion seriously, and are working everyday to improve the customer experience. Despite some current issues, we are committed to maintaining course conditions and providing a great golfing experience. If you'd like to continue discussing your time here with us, please email info@roycebrook.com. Have a great day!

Pennsylvania Advisor

great day despite not the best course conditions

Royce Brook is a super facility and has a great staff. The weather has taken its toll on the East Course and the fairways and greens have been much better in the past. The traps were are puddles and mud on this day. We love the facility and recommend it and hopefully the conditioning will be better soon enough and the hard damaging rains and heat will subside.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are working hard to improve and maintain course conditions. We hope to see you soon, have a great day!

Fix the traps!

The East course is a great challenging layout but 90% of the traps are packed mud. No sand. The traps you can see from the clubhouse have sand. They clearly weren't built with proper drainage. If they're not going to fix this they should just grow grass in them.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thank you for your feedback. We take your opinion seriously, and understand your frustration. We are considering options to improve the bunkers and hope to provide a better experience next time. If you have any other comments or concerns, please email info@roycebrook.com. Have a great day!

Only a 2 star course

They’re trading on the name of the west members course. East is wide open but boring course. NOTHING but flat fairways and greens, NO shrubs or flowers or water. Has lots of bunkers but NO sand only mud. Course grooming is good. NO course layout on card or cart. Hole direction non-existent. At least there’s ball washers with towels. Club house food area is ok. Definitely not worth the money unless you’re paying reduced rate. Only good thing about my round was the reduced rate that I paid for with a gift card. DEFINITELY will not play thee again unless it’s the west course. Spend your money $50+ elsewhere

Commented on 08/22/2019

Thank you for your feedback. We take your opinion seriously, and are working everyday to improve the customer experience. We are disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your time on the East Course, but hope you will give us another chance to provide a better experience. If you have any other comments or concerns, please email info@roycebrook.com. Have a great day!

Disappointed with course conditions.

Played Royce Brook East for the first time. Conditions were fair at best.
Bunkers with hard wet sand, many containing water.
Tee boxes top coated with sand.
Some fairways with dried up areas.
Weeds growing on the fringes of greens.
Greens needed better maintenance.
Cart paths crumbling.
Fortunately I got at Hot Deal tee time from GolfNow so I didn’t pay full weekend rate.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Hi Matt, thank you for your feedback. We take your opinion seriously, and are working everyday to improve the customer experience. We are sorry to hear the conditions did not meet your expectations, and we will continue to work on maintaining and improving the course for our guests. If you have any other questions or concerns, please email us at info@roycebrook.com. Have a great day!

Hillsborough, New Jersey
Belle Mead, New Jersey
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Princeton, New Jersey
Bridgewater, New Jersey

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.