Type Municipal
Raritan Landing Golf Course

Year Built 1999
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Stephen Kay (1999)

Not so great experience

Condescending Ranger, facilities don’t sell beer? No liquor license. Several of the greens had damage and ditches.

Commented on 10/03/2019

Thank you for your review! We are in the process of receiving our liquor license and making improvements on course conditions. We hope to see you back soon!

Commented on 08/20/2019

Thank you for your review. We take customer feedback seriously, and are working hard to improve the customer experience. Please let us know if there is a specific service area you were dissatisfied with by emailing info.raritanlanding@middlesexcountygolf.com. Have a great day!

Enjoyed the par 3’s

Was a nice course to play on. Course grounds can be maintained. But overall nice place to play

Commented on 08/20/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon. Have a great day!

Great Little Gem Under New Management

Very happy at this little gem. Very little course traffic. Solid pace of play. Though not long, it will challenge you enough to keep you interested. Super friendly staff. Will continue to return to this course as a warm up to tournament play.

Golf day

Nice corse, pace of play was good. Very few people on course. The grounds could use a little maintenance. Some ruff spots on fairways, ruffs and greens. Hopefully next time the course will be in a little better shape.

Nice condition and sand

Only gripe is that there was a lot of holes that were all seemingly 115 yards. Nice condition overall. Great to tune up your short game.

Commented on 08/20/2019

First time playing, came over the bridge from staten island and was very satisfied with the course. Conditions were very nice short course, we had a foursome finish in 3 hours. Tough course if your irons aren't your best game .

Commented on 08/20/2019

Play this course most of the time

Course conditions have improved dramatically since last year. Greens are in the best shape I've seen since starting to play here early last year. Fairways are in very good shape. there is still the problem of golfer's not replacing divots and fixing ball marks. The new management has installed divot fill boxes at the tees and it has improved the tee boxes where it has been used. I have not been playing very long and this is a great course to improve golfing skills. I usually play afternoons and have had no problems with pace of play. For better players, most of the par 4's are drivable, even from the back tees. The staff is very friendly and the food is very good.
Give it a try with your friends or children. They also have Soccer Golf, if you want to try something different.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Thank you for your review. Our agronomy team is working hard every day to improve course conditions so we are glad that you have noticed. Thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon.

Great course for starters to begin

This was the very first golf course I ever played on and now there are new owners running and improving it. Great!
The staff is very engaging and friendly I will continue to play here when I can. The only thing that I feel is somewhat hard to understand is the price to play on this smaller course. I should not be paying the same price that I would on lager golf courses.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Thank you for your review. We have a great staff and are so glad that you think so too. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back again soon.

We were greeted the second we walked in the door. Friendly staff, with a grille inside. The course was in good shape after getting heavy rain. Par 3 course with a mix (4) par 4s. Yardages range from 80 - 175, allowing you to hit every iron in your bag. Fun course, but challenging. We rode, the carts were electric and didn’t make a sound when you hit the gas. They also have pull carts. I would walk the course next time I play. Perfect course to get a friend into the game. Round took us about 2.5-3 hours while taking our time in the heat.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Thanks for your review, and smart move taking your time in the heat. We appreciate your feedback and 5 star review. Hope to see you again soon.

Great for short game!

I didn’t realize it was this short of a course. Lots of par 3’s and a full 18. Excellent practice for a quick round of golf, just for fun or to improve your game. Either way, I never mind playing courses like this because it’s about having fun and getting better at golf all at the same time.

The fairway conditions and greens could be nicer. Lots of dead grass, some swampy areas but not too much to worry about.

Overall it was a great course, creative layout for a par 3. I think they were slick with this though: the entire 14 or 15 holes you could feel like Tiger Woods (playing your best game) but the last 4 holes could ruin it with the usual par 4 lengths. It will throw off your judgment on club selection. Don’t let that discourage you though. It’s a great course! Thanks again!

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 04/15/2019

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back at the course soon!

Great small course

The course was in very good shape and not crowded for a Saturday. It feels longer than the yardage says.

Great technical course for a short game challenge

PROS: Had a lot of fun! Want too crowded and loved the technical challenge of shirt game driven holes...

CONS: I think the GolfNow description says they have club rentals but unfortunately they don’t. But I think they offered us some one else’s that we had to split between two.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Thank you for your review, We are very glad you had fun and enjoyed your experience!

Nice little executive course

Raritan Lansing is a quick little Par 58 that makes for a fun round. Each nine has seven par 3’s and two par 4’s. Fun place to take kids learning the game or just to cruise around practicing shorter tee shots.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you had fun at our golf course. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 07/24/2019

We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for your review! Come back and visit us again soon.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Very nice short course

Excellent weather and a short course prompted the use of push carts; made for a very relaxing day on the course. For a Saturday with perfect weather the course was not very crowded. Overall course conditions were very good. Some of the greens had bad spots. Since most of the holes are par 3, the incidence of unrepaired pitch marks is obvious. This should not deter anyone from playing such a nicely laid out course. There is plenty of shade along the cart paths to keep you cool on a sunny day.
The greens had some deceiving slopes and played a bit slow today.
Overall a very enjoyable course to play.
Don't forget to have a bite to eat at the club house, as the food is very good, as well as the hospitality.

New Jersey Advisor

Enjoyable Executive Course

We decided to take off work a bit early and play a new course by my friends office. We walked the course. Tee'd off at 3:30 and finished 18 holes in 2 hours and 25 minutes.

Pace of Play was great but then again it was Halloween so I am sure most folks were heading home to trick or treat with their kids.

We played from the back tees (Blue) total yards 3,294. There were 4 Par Fours and the rest Par threes. There was a nice variety to the holes (some easy, some challenging). A few of the par threes were 170/175 yards so that was a drive for us (and it was fun to drive a green).

There are holes that require you carry waste areas or bunkers so it was a nice test of accuracy. The greens were very slow but the day before it rained 2 or 3 inches so the fairways and greens were very soft. It was a bit wetter than I expected so I think the course doesn't drain as well as other courses I play.

I assume in the summer the greens will be faster (or true) if there is not a lot of rain.

I can't speak to how busy the course may be in the summer, but it was a great after work round on a beautiful fall day.

Although they have carts, I would recommend walking the course. It's not too hilly and even walking the cart path it was an easy walk.

The twilight rate for a none-resident, walking was $24 which I think is reasonable for 18-holes. Residents can buy a county card and then the rate is only $16 to walk 18-holes.

Piscataway, New Jersey