1 reviews

Style Links

Year Built 1999
Fairways Rye grass
Architect Carl Gaskill

Dress code No Jeans. No Tank Tops. No T-Shirts.

Pro is clueless

Played on a Saturday with my son. Bought a bucket of balls and headed to the roped off grass area on the range. My son says "dad, watch out they're hitting balls at us!" I look 25 feet behind me and the ancient pro is giving a lesson to a beginner and they are firing balls right past us. I ask them to please stop (thinking I am a paying customer and may be entitled to a certain level of respect) and the old pro proceeds to treat me like a piece of crap and tells me to move. Anyone with any knowledge of golf would know better than to hit balls from 25 feet behind paying customers. I can only assume a complete lack of golf knowledge. I would stay away until Father Time decides to finally hang it up.

Great Condition

I had not played this course in a few years. The course is in great shape. Some tee boxes are not always level, but fairways and greens were great. I played mid Sunday after noon with my 13 year old son. I know it can get a little busy on the weekend mornings, but on this day we had no problem playing at whatever pace we wanted. It’s a pretty easy course. But scenic and very clean to look at. Some really nice shots, especially on the front 9. Not super long, so drive the ball in the fairway and you will have a short approach to each hole. This course is way better than most public courses. Has a private feel, in terms of course condition. It’s a little more than I like to spend on a round but it’s in very good shape and has a new feel to it still after being open 20 years. They have eased on the drinking restrictions, so I think most of these prior comments about not being able to get drinks are not relevant to current management.

Greens still had aeration lines and sand. Not real bad but not top notch . Not bad with all the rain the passed month. Could use carts everywhere where allowed.

Over all experience

I played at this course 1st time in the fall it was a nice experience. Staff was nice and fairways and greens were in good shape. Course lay out was average. I went with friend to play in spring telling him it's a nice course to play. I couldn't believe how the staff was very unhelpful and borderline rude. Tee time was missed by 2 min (exactly 2 min) and because of that staff said due to missing tee time we had to wait for next opening in which a time frame couldn't be given at all. I would totally understand if golf course was packed but it wasn't at all. Staff seemed very annoyed which made me annoyed. After this experience not sure if I will be playing here again.

Habitual problem with pace of play

Play the course mid-week morning. Pace of play is horrible on weekends. The other annoyance is you have to sign-up for their social club to be able to buy alcohol from the cart girl or at the bar.
Course is relatively short but has some interesting holes. Conditions of greens have always been good and the price is right.

Tight Confusing Course

Though it was a nice overall place my biggest issue is how quickly they were sending up out. The starter said you can go. We got to the tee box and there were two groups of four on our hole. The play was sooooo slow.

Also an overall course map would have helped. Trying to find you flag versus the next whole was a joy. It was so tight someone on another whole mis hit slightly and the ball landed by out cart at the tee box. Everyone said it was confusing.

You had to have eyes everywhere for people playing other holes. We decided though local we won't go again.

Moderately Disappointing

I would pass by this facility over the last couple of years and always felt it looked like a decent course. I have had other people tell me it is a good one. I, unfortunately was disappointed when I finally got the chance to play. The greens were quite slow. On most of the holes it was difficult to tell the fairway from the rough. There were a couple of short par four tees where the grass was high enough to get between the ball and the club. Was it an awful course? Not really but not what I envisioned and expected. Best looking visual hole is 18 except for the somewhat tall weeds growing in the fairway. I do not think I would play this course again mostly due to travel time to get there.

Decent public track

I play this course once or twice a year. It is a good public course, but don't set expectations too high for conditioning. Greens have been "shelled" and nobody fixes ball marks. Fairway divots everywhere and no sand bottles on carts. Front 9 is open and long - back is through the woods and 200 yards shorter. Tough to pick the right tees for a senior. Green tees are about right on the front and pretty short on back. Whites are a bit too long, especially on front. Pace of play was OK. Food is good, but you need to join the "Cream Valley Social Club" (free - 24 hour wait) to get an adult beverage since they don't have a liquor license. $39 for seniors OK, but not great.

Nice layout

Every thing was in great shape. The greens were true and fast. My only complaint were the slow groups ahead. The marshall neeeds tro be more diligent. Over 5 1/2 hours......

Consistency

I've played Town & Country a few times now; every time I go, the course is in fantastic condition. Even this late in the year (mid-October), the greens were in great shape, the fairways and tee boxes did not show that much damage from the golf season, and the sand traps were fluffy. I've always liked this course, and taking advantage of one of the "Hot Deals" via GolfNow made it a steal. Very highly recommended!

Great course. Really a good value.

The course is challenging and well maintained. The defense of the course keeps you trying to improve your game to improve your score. The water hole on the 13th is always a challenge but is also one of my favorites. It would be nice if the grass cutters and grounds keepers would halt the equipment when you are ready to take a shot and they are nearby. I would highly recommend this course.

Definitely gives the bang for the buck

This course is always in great shape, the grounds crew works hard everyday to make sure the course is in tip top shape. They have some great deals and almost never get backed up. It provides enough challenge for the serious golfer but is easy enough that a novice can play and score half decent.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Great conditon. Very friendly and accommodating staff.

I really liked this course for several reasons. First, the course was in immaculate shape. The country setting was beautiful and I was quite impressed with the quality of the greens. Second, I was able to take my two young boys out with no issues and the staff was more than willing to accommodate my "threesome." I loved this this course and have been trying to get back since the end of the summer.

Carneys Point, New Jersey
Wilmington, Delaware
Williamstown, New Jersey
Turnersville, New Jersey

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.