Type Public/Resort
Style Links
Pronghorn Nicklaus Signature Course

Year Built 2004
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2004)

Caddies Yes
Golf School Academy Yes - "Pronghorn Academy"

Beautiful course, very hard for first time playing here

Upon checking, in advised Cart Paths only yet conditions were at minimal dry enough for a 90 degree rule. Score card had a very poor photo layout of the course making it even more frustrating for one who has not played here before.

Overall I liked the course

One of the best in Central Oregon

Fantastic Nicklaus course. Excellent service from the staff. Great layout. Fortunately we had good weather for mid November. I’d highly recommend this course to golfers of all skill levels.

Desert Course

Pace of Play was good (under 4 Hours), the tee boxes and greens were in excellent shape but the fairways had recently been aerated so the grass in fairways weren't as good to hit off. The front nine was more typical desert but the back nine had some twists and challenges to it. Staff was great and we enjoyed the round. My only complaint was they used all red flags and the tee markers were different colors and I am red/green colorblind, so I got confused on the tees sometimes and couldn't see the flags when there were trees or greenery behind the greens. So if you are colorblind, it could be a little more difficult.

16 holes...for the price of 18

So we get to the pro shop and check in. The staff member was nice. We booked online and he said we were good to go. Range balls were outside and the plan was to start on number 10 on the far side of the range. What we weren’t told is that they were in the middle of their fall process to punch all the fairways. The first 9 was fine but when we made the turn back to number 1, the tractor had just finished doing that hole and the debris wasn’t everywhere. The group in front of us were trying to play it that way. So we drove around to number 2. There wasn’t the tractor in action almost done with a mess everywhere. So then we drove to 3 and played it and the rest of the holes on that side. So we paid for 18 and played 16. Poor communication and planning to have guests try to play though your mess. Next time just don’t take our money without communicating what you’re plans are with having us play some unfit holes and putting your employees in danger of getting hit by a shot.

Beautiful golf course!

Just a wonderful course. Amazing scenery. Challenging but fair. One of the best rounds that you will play with outstanding, friendly staff

An Excellent Round

We went to Pronghorn shortly after landing in Redmond on the afternoon of 8/14/2019.

We didn't have a tee time, but were able to walk on right as we arrived. We ordered a few beverages from the grille to carry out onto the course with us, and we were then attended to quite regularly by a beverage cart associate.

We bantered a bit with the starters, who were very friendly, and then we were on our way. (At this time, I'd like to say, if it's your first time playing this course, spring a few bucks on a yardage book. It was critical.)

We caught up to our first group of golfers on the second hole. I was afraid we'd made a mistake... This group waved us through immediately, and we never saw another group the entire afternoon. We played a very quick round (3 hours), and THAT even felt like we were taking our time.

We took our time snapping a few photos, and smoking a few cigars. It was everything I was looking for in a round. I'm a beginner, so we played from the Gold Tees. I had a lot of opportunities to use all the clubs in my bag. It was challenging but enjoyable.

I would recommend this course to anyone looking to enjoy a great track of Golf.

Thanks for the memories!

Pace of play was very slow..Starter allowed two groups to be inserted in front of us at the turn. They had overslept. We quit after 9.

Beautiful golf course

Played as a single on late rate $55 plus $25 for a cart. Included range balls and water. Overall a friendly course with wide fairways, with a couple exceptions on the shorter distance holes. Greens were excellent--fast but not too fast.
I played "rust" tees, there are tougher and shorter tee boxes for all levels.
Definitely would play thrre again.

Great course and layout!

A great place to play if you want a challenge on a really top quality course! The mountain views are spectacular and the course is well maintained. Greens are a little spotty and slower than normal.... probably since it's early in the season.

Awesome facility. Played signature course and would play again in a heartbeat.

Central Oregon jewel

Great Nicklaus course. Makes you think your way around. Tough to do sometimes when it’s so pretty. Fast greens and fairways. Ball goes further in thin air which makes you feel good!

Great day of golf

Pronghorn GC in Bend Oregon is an excellent course that was both challenging and is pristine condition, Fast greens, tight lies in the fairways and lots of traps on elevated greens made the course memorable. The staff from the bag check to the golf shop was professional and friendly as any group I have seen. All in all, a great day spent on the golf course.

Very nice course!

I had been recommended to play this course that was designed by Jack Nicklaus and we couldn't wait to play . It was 97 out and very hot. But we kept cool and had an amazing time. I will be back, it was such an awesome course.

Wonderful Course

Course was in great shape and is well maintained. The greens are fast and firm. The front nine is pretty straightforward but the back nine is visually challenging. I found the back nine very difficult when playing it for the first time. Be prepared for significant wind in the late afternoon.

Very nice course

This is a great course but not $170 great. We played at 4 pm and got the twilight rate of $90 and it was worth it. A very nice course with unique elements like dead trees in the middle of the fairways. Not a stunning course but a great one to play.

All Star Track

During a week-long trip to Oregon, a buddy and I played 7 rounds in 5 days. Pronghorn was round 1 and it was a blast. Course condition was impeccable. Pace of play was impeccable. Almost every hole was interesting.

One of my playing partners routinely found his drives off the fairway and was able to keep playing. Most of the holes were forgiving enough to allow for a pitch out vs. just losing a ball.

The only hole I didn't like was No. 11. The trap seemed oddly placed in the fairway. Overall though, an All Star track that I can't wait to get back to.

Commented on 07/05/2018

jimpic, Oregon resident here who has been to Bend for lots of golf over the years. I would recommend, Aspen Lakes, Crosswater, Pronghorn, as the top courses there. Second tier would be Sunriver meadows, Juniper, Widgi and Eagle Ridge. don't bother with Tetherow, too overpriced for what you get. If you have a connection for Bend CC, that is a must play.

cheers!

Commented on 07/04/2018

what other courses did you play through Oregon that you liked? we are doing a father-son Oregon golf trip soon.. we are from Southern CAL. thanks Jim

Fast Greens

The course was very challenging. Some holes required a long tee shot to get over stuffy rough or water. The greens were extremely fast and hard to hold.
But overall it was an enjoyable day and very friendly staff.

Nice course- painfully slow

5hr plus round - only deterant to a wonderful course !

Course was in great shape

Had a fantastic round! Staff was really friendly and the course was in great shape. Will definitely be back!

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.