Type Public/Resort
Style Links
Pronghorn Nicklaus Signature Course

Year Built 2004
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2004)

Caddies Yes
Golf School Academy Yes - "Pronghorn Academy"

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness

Truly great course

Without doubt one of the best courses in the Pacific northwest. Masterpiece of golf course design, perfectly integrated into the high desert landscape. Very tough but very fun,. Demands thoughtful shotmaking and rewards careful course management. Consistently in superb playing condition.

Expensive, needs staff attention!

Too many unattended divots in fairway. No information on hole configuration. No hole numbers on tee boxes and hard to distinguish the color of tee markers (silver, golf rust). Not worth $200 a round!

The course won...

Played as part of a buddy trip. Played golds. Stayed at resort, paid $139. Due to COVID, not fore-caddie--would have been helpful. Many blind tee shots and approaches to greens. On #8, blind tee shot over rise--all four of my group hit their lines, expected to be on fairway & in play--all 4 in the water hazard on R!!! Unfair! Some very hard, blind approaches to greens. Especially for first time walkers, the fore-caddie and a yardage book is a MUST! All that said, the course was in great shape and had some truly wonderful golf holes. Felt tortured by the course in the end. Not sure I want another crack!

Not worth the money

Played on a Friday, there was no beverage cart and no martial!. Got stuck behind two foursomes who were playing at a 5+hour pace. Un-Acceptable for that level of course and $170 green fee. Fairways were soggy and too tightly mowed.

Birthday round of golf

Day 2 of back to back days for my birthday. Course was in great shape, pace of play was solid, what’s not to like! Will probably be the last visit to the course for some time, as the deals have vanished from the app I use to book tee times and $200+ for a round is pricey for me, but when they are back - I will be back!

Another great round at Pronghorn

Day 1 of back to back days for my birthday. Course was in great shape, pace of play was solid, what’s not to like!

Great round, but don’t make people share cart during covid

As the title states, it was a great round and the course was in great shape as always.

However, you should not make people share a cart - and certainly shouldn’t try to charge them additional when people don’t live in the same household. This is during the covid-19 outbreak - and while it might be your normal policy to not allow more than 2 carts per foursome - this is not a “normal time.”

It made people very uncomfortable, not just in the group I was in. Overheard others on my previous visit to the course, talking about it as well.

Course is great, staff is great, but come on - don’t make people share a cart when they are not in the same household.

Fantastic

Course was in great condition, aside from the bunkers (courtesy of COVID-19). Staff was friendly. Carts were clean although surprised they were having people share carts during the social distancing. Driving range was well stocked. Grounds overall were terrific. Enjoyed the round and can’t wait to go back, which will be next week. Three weeks in a row with a round a Pronghorn, what a blessing.

Beautiful course, very hard for first time playing here

Upon checking, in advised Cart Paths only yet conditions were at minimal dry enough for a 90 degree rule. Score card had a very poor photo layout of the course making it even more frustrating for one who has not played here before.

Overall I liked the course

1st Time at Pronghorn

Best course I’ve ever played! Facilities are in immaculate condition, staff is friendly and the course was in great shape. The Nicklaus course is very challenging for a new golfer like me but I still had a great time. I can’t recommend it highly enough and can’t wait to come back.

One of the best in Central Oregon

Fantastic Nicklaus course. Excellent service from the staff. Great layout. Fortunately we had good weather for mid November. I’d highly recommend this course to golfers of all skill levels.

Desert Course

Pace of Play was good (under 4 Hours), the tee boxes and greens were in excellent shape but the fairways had recently been aerated so the grass in fairways weren't as good to hit off. The front nine was more typical desert but the back nine had some twists and challenges to it. Staff was great and we enjoyed the round. My only complaint was they used all red flags and the tee markers were different colors and I am red/green colorblind, so I got confused on the tees sometimes and couldn't see the flags when there were trees or greenery behind the greens. So if you are colorblind, it could be a little more difficult.

16 holes...for the price of 18

So we get to the pro shop and check in. The staff member was nice. We booked online and he said we were good to go. Range balls were outside and the plan was to start on number 10 on the far side of the range. What we weren’t told is that they were in the middle of their fall process to punch all the fairways. The first 9 was fine but when we made the turn back to number 1, the tractor had just finished doing that hole and the debris wasn’t everywhere. The group in front of us were trying to play it that way. So we drove around to number 2. There wasn’t the tractor in action almost done with a mess everywhere. So then we drove to 3 and played it and the rest of the holes on that side. So we paid for 18 and played 16. Poor communication and planning to have guests try to play though your mess. Next time just don’t take our money without communicating what you’re plans are with having us play some unfit holes and putting your employees in danger of getting hit by a shot.

Beautiful golf course!

Just a wonderful course. Amazing scenery. Challenging but fair. One of the best rounds that you will play with outstanding, friendly staff

An Excellent Round

We went to Pronghorn shortly after landing in Redmond on the afternoon of 8/14/2019.

We didn't have a tee time, but were able to walk on right as we arrived. We ordered a few beverages from the grille to carry out onto the course with us, and we were then attended to quite regularly by a beverage cart associate.

We bantered a bit with the starters, who were very friendly, and then we were on our way. (At this time, I'd like to say, if it's your first time playing this course, spring a few bucks on a yardage book. It was critical.)

We caught up to our first group of golfers on the second hole. I was afraid we'd made a mistake... This group waved us through immediately, and we never saw another group the entire afternoon. We played a very quick round (3 hours), and THAT even felt like we were taking our time.

We took our time snapping a few photos, and smoking a few cigars. It was everything I was looking for in a round. I'm a beginner, so we played from the Gold Tees. I had a lot of opportunities to use all the clubs in my bag. It was challenging but enjoyable.

I would recommend this course to anyone looking to enjoy a great track of Golf.

Thanks for the memories!

Pace of play was very slow..Starter allowed two groups to be inserted in front of us at the turn. They had overslept. We quit after 9.

Private/Resort