Type Public/Resort
Style Links
Pronghorn Nicklaus Signature Course

Year Built 2004
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2004)

Caddies Yes
Golf School Academy Yes - "Pronghorn Academy"

Beautiful golf course!

Just a wonderful course. Amazing scenery. Challenging but fair. One of the best rounds that you will play with outstanding, friendly staff

An Excellent Round

We went to Pronghorn shortly after landing in Redmond on the afternoon of 8/14/2019.

We didn't have a tee time, but were able to walk on right as we arrived. We ordered a few beverages from the grille to carry out onto the course with us, and we were then attended to quite regularly by a beverage cart associate.

We bantered a bit with the starters, who were very friendly, and then we were on our way. (At this time, I'd like to say, if it's your first time playing this course, spring a few bucks on a yardage book. It was critical.)

We caught up to our first group of golfers on the second hole. I was afraid we'd made a mistake... This group waved us through immediately, and we never saw another group the entire afternoon. We played a very quick round (3 hours), and THAT even felt like we were taking our time.

We took our time snapping a few photos, and smoking a few cigars. It was everything I was looking for in a round. I'm a beginner, so we played from the Gold Tees. I had a lot of opportunities to use all the clubs in my bag. It was challenging but enjoyable.

I would recommend this course to anyone looking to enjoy a great track of Golf.

Thanks for the memories!

Pace of play was very slow..Starter allowed two groups to be inserted in front of us at the turn. They had overslept. We quit after 9.

Beautiful golf course

Played as a single on late rate $55 plus $25 for a cart. Included range balls and water. Overall a friendly course with wide fairways, with a couple exceptions on the shorter distance holes. Greens were excellent--fast but not too fast.
I played "rust" tees, there are tougher and shorter tee boxes for all levels.
Definitely would play thrre again.

Great course and layout!

A great place to play if you want a challenge on a really top quality course! The mountain views are spectacular and the course is well maintained. Greens are a little spotty and slower than normal.... probably since it's early in the season.

Awesome facility. Played signature course and would play again in a heartbeat.

Central Oregon jewel

Great Nicklaus course. Makes you think your way around. Tough to do sometimes when it’s so pretty. Fast greens and fairways. Ball goes further in thin air which makes you feel good!

Great day of golf

Pronghorn GC in Bend Oregon is an excellent course that was both challenging and is pristine condition, Fast greens, tight lies in the fairways and lots of traps on elevated greens made the course memorable. The staff from the bag check to the golf shop was professional and friendly as any group I have seen. All in all, a great day spent on the golf course.

Very nice course!

I had been recommended to play this course that was designed by Jack Nicklaus and we couldn't wait to play . It was 97 out and very hot. But we kept cool and had an amazing time. I will be back, it was such an awesome course.

Wonderful Course

Course was in great shape and is well maintained. The greens are fast and firm. The front nine is pretty straightforward but the back nine is visually challenging. I found the back nine very difficult when playing it for the first time. Be prepared for significant wind in the late afternoon.

Very nice course

This is a great course but not $170 great. We played at 4 pm and got the twilight rate of $90 and it was worth it. A very nice course with unique elements like dead trees in the middle of the fairways. Not a stunning course but a great one to play.

All Star Track

During a week-long trip to Oregon, a buddy and I played 7 rounds in 5 days. Pronghorn was round 1 and it was a blast. Course condition was impeccable. Pace of play was impeccable. Almost every hole was interesting.

One of my playing partners routinely found his drives off the fairway and was able to keep playing. Most of the holes were forgiving enough to allow for a pitch out vs. just losing a ball.

The only hole I didn't like was No. 11. The trap seemed oddly placed in the fairway. Overall though, an All Star track that I can't wait to get back to.

Commented on 07/05/2018

jimpic, Oregon resident here who has been to Bend for lots of golf over the years. I would recommend, Aspen Lakes, Crosswater, Pronghorn, as the top courses there. Second tier would be Sunriver meadows, Juniper, Widgi and Eagle Ridge. don't bother with Tetherow, too overpriced for what you get. If you have a connection for Bend CC, that is a must play.

cheers!

Commented on 07/04/2018

what other courses did you play through Oregon that you liked? we are doing a father-son Oregon golf trip soon.. we are from Southern CAL. thanks Jim

Fast Greens

The course was very challenging. Some holes required a long tee shot to get over stuffy rough or water. The greens were extremely fast and hard to hold.
But overall it was an enjoyable day and very friendly staff.

Nice course- painfully slow

5hr plus round - only deterant to a wonderful course !

Course was in great shape

Had a fantastic round! Staff was really friendly and the course was in great shape. Will definitely be back!

Excellent course, perfect condition

Course was in perfect condition and pace of play was 3:45. Played at 4:00pm and received $75 rate! Was a good price for the quality of the course I was playing.

Texas Advisor

a nicklaus gem (is there any other kind?)

our golf group recently hit 5 courses in the Bend area for a trip/tournament. we chose Pronghorn as our final round destination. having noticed over the years that i am a big fan of nicklaus designs i was very excited for this course.

i wouldn't say it disappointed, but bend offers plenty of stiff competition, and this ended up being my second favorite course of the trip to Tetherow.

however, this course is magic! the conditions were immaculate. the pro shop, the caddies, and the starters were all super friendly and welcoming.

it's a pretty long course, so expect to hit a lot of drivers. i prefer a little more variety, but didn't have much choice. definitely a good idea to keep the ball in play too... it gets pretty punishing when you go offline.

the whole property is quite beautiful, and the holes fit the landscape nicely. i wouldn't say there is a huge variation between holes, but it all flows nicely.

unfortunately i chose this round to play my worst of the trip, so i have some inherent negativity about the course, but just based on the layout and the condition this course is a must play. the price is steep, but it definitely has an exclusive vibe. just check out the google maps view of the course... there is nothing around for miles! very cool!

Have to pay Attention

Course is very challenging have to know where to hit the ball and have to know your distances and your ability . Just goggle and you'll see.

dissappointing

After paying for my round in the pro shop and getting my bag from
bag drop,with no hint of any trouble carried over to range,then asked where the putting green and chipping area was,carried my bag over there.It was then that another golfer told me,'you know,they have no carts available'?--no i didnt but was wondering
why i was lugging my non carry bag around!
At the first tee some guy shows up with a push cart and literally
bungee cords my bag to it-i guess it was the last one they had--no scorecard no pin sheet no,we will get carts out to you as soon as we can----that turned out to be on 6 green--after the round went in to the shop,and there only response to all this was,did you pay for a cart????
lots of nice courses in bend and much better values,do yourself a favor and play elsewhere--its private your not a member

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Feb 16, 2020