Type Municipal
Style Traditional
Mercer Oaks West Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Architect Brian Ault (1991) Bill Love (1991)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Mercer County Golf Academy"

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New Jersey (2018 #19)

course well maintained

Great course to play. Well maintained. Staff friendly. Nothing bad to say about course, it's all good.

Commented on 03/18/2018

This review has been up for 5 years only 5 more to go

d586bf07-d87a-58c7-a17f-7d2ca2031b94
Commented on 12/01/2015

Thank you, DNICE123, for the great review and feedback! We're so happy that you had a great time with us. Come and see us again soon!

Great Value

Course played Great. Fairways need some work still, a lot of mud and wet grass

Commented on 10/07/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Mercer Oaks Golf Course - West Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Hi u000004259422. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Mercer Oaks Golf Course - West Course.

Hot afternoon on nice golf course in the fall

This course is excellent with good pace of play. We finished 18 holes in a little over 3 hours.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us drfcc. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Mercer Oaks Golf Course - West Course thanks you!

Philly Advisor

Improving conditions

Fairways coming back with bluegrass being over seeded with bent grass. Greens roll good but slower than normal currently. Pace of play great until last five holes that appeared backed up due to one foursome.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi sixeagles. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Mercer Oaks Golf Course - West Course!

Rough Shape

Played The West often but not lately. Many fairways and greens were beat up. Still my favorite local course but it needs work.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi Ray5379669! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We're hard at work currently to restore conditions to their normal excellency.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Mercer Oaks Golf Course - West Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Course Improving

Played this course last week and greens had been aerated and were bumpy. This week greens were vastly improved
The course staff are very up front that they have had issues with the fairways and are working hard to recover them. You could see new grass coming through
I love the course layout and always enjoy the challenge of the West course. Th East is also one of my favorites
Today I played as a single walking and finished in under 3 hours in perfect weather conditions
The staff are always super friendly. The starter today made the effort to check on me after 9 holes to see how my round was going.
Love playing here

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi u3151789. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Mercer Oaks Golf Course - West Course!

Raining like mad!!! Impossible to play yet, course remained open to cart path only.

Disgusted , I am handicapped. Had to leave and will forfeit 2 greens fees total $101.49. Was told by other players that the course was in horrendous condition anyway. Too bad , because I have played here many times before and the course was always in great condition.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, Hacker456. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We hope to see you again soon in the future for a far better experience.

Mercer West - in need of tender loving care

Mercer West is one of my favorite courses to play. I knew in advance that they had issues with rain followed by excessive heat which had burnt the grass. They are not wrong. The fairways were in terrible condition And the greens had just been aerated in an attempt to repair them )which it looks like it will ) This is a great course and I am sure the great grounds crew will get on top of the issue. In the meantime only play here on a special $ deal

Mercer Oaks West

This course is in such a terrible shape right now, it's not your mony's worth. I played this course many times last year it was in great shape. Hope it is restored to it's old condition soon. With all that it is still a great course to play in this area.

Commented on 09/06/2019

We're currently hard at work restoring our conditions to the beautiful conditions it typically exhibits. We hope you're return in the future to enjoy all the wonderful improvements made!

Has seen better days.

A few of the fairways were totally burned up. I hope that there is a plan in place to bring this track back as both of the mercer oaks courses are some of the better public courses around. i will continue to play this course as it is still one of my favorites.

Commented on 08/29/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We're currently hard at work helping our course recover after intense rain and very high heat. We hope you'll be back soon!

Philly Advisor

weather worn

I took advantage of a hot deal. It was cart path only and the fairways show a lot of weather damage from heat then excessive rains and it was cart path only. For the hot deal price this was OK. Had I had to pay full price I might have been disappointed. Layout is good and course very playable from gold tees for me as I transition from regular to senior tees this year. Greens were good but understandably cut longer and slow. Great place to play golf.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Bad

Called a day ahead about course conditions, told us the course is recovering from water. We showed up and they were aerating greens and fairways. Lots of burnt fairways, terrible conditions. Greens are slow. If you hit your ball in the fairway it’s pretty much hitting on dirt. Very upset with the staff for not notifying us about the course.

Commented on 08/19/2019

We are currently in the process of repairing and improving conditions after a wet and hot summer. You can also read more about course conditions on our website homepage at golfmercercounty.com.

Aeration Time

Course in aeration and reseeding process due to much unwanted rain. Some greens and tee boxes were in good shape otherwise the others were ok. Fairways were mediocre but they are in the process of repairs. Green fees were okay but charged sales tax, a first for this course. Nice bar and beer and hot dogs were great. Staff very friendly and so cooperative.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hi, larry51gonz. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Mercer Oaks Golf Course - West Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Burned out fairways

Only got in 8 holes.. the horn blew when we were on 9

The fairways were burned out and dirt packed in many locations.
The greens were fine, but since Mercer Oaks also has an East course, there is no way anyone should play the West.

The layout is fine and one of the guys in our group said he was shocked at the conditions. He has played it before and said it was in great shape.

After the heavy rains hit there was no way the course could have been playable.
I’m sure muddy fairways would have been the norm

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hi Bpbp! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

The rain and heat have caused lots of danage.

We played on Sunday for $37 dollars. The layout is enjoyable. The conditions were very poor. They did warn us on the website and with a sign hanging on the door. But to charge $37 for those conditions was a joke!! They should have paid us to play. Come back next year !

Commented on 08/12/2019

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your round. We're hard at work repairing and improving the conditions.

Not what I expected

Last time I played this course, it was really nice. Today, not so much. Many of the fairways were burned out with very little grass. The tees were not good. The greens were OK but slow. I understand that they have to water a lot because of the extreme heat we have had, but the course is worse than many courses around. Lots of crabgrass. Definitely not worth the price. The pro shop lady had no personality and the starter put a group ahead of us that was supposed to be behind us, and he was a jerk about it. Then he was talking loudly with someone while we were trying to tee off. I am also a bit upset with Golfnow for not letting us know about the true conditions of the course. I would have enjoyed another one. It is definitely not 4 stars. A good thing -There was good, cold water in the coolers.

Commented on 08/12/2019

We're currently hard at work repairing and improving the conditions after excessive heat. We hope you'll play again in the future for a far better experience.

Commented on 08/05/2019

Hello, ozzb. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Hightstown, New Jersey
West Trenton, New Jersey
Skillman, New Jersey

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.