The Links Course at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is the ultimate in risk-reward golf. The architect, Tom Jackson, routed five holes along the bay and then wound the course inland across rolling undulations. In order to prevail against the blustery Gulf Coast winds, accuracy and proper club selection are essential, making it a true shot-maker's golf course. In addition to being right along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay, the Baytowne Marina serves as a backdrop to the course, providing even more stunning views of the Emerald Coast. Of the four championship golf courses that Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort offers, the Links is one of the original two and also one of the most popular. The layout offers a unique links experience that all skill levels can enjoy, especially since it features four different sets of tees.

Sandestin - The Links

Year Built 1971
Architect Tom Jackson (1971)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Sandestin Golf Academy"

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt and Bermuda Shorts Required

Playing Multiple Courses 13

Has potential, but.......

Some great views, and some very good holes. Unfortunately hurricane Micheal caused some havoc with tees ion back 9 which dampened the fun. Greens were not very good either.....
Otherwise might be worth a try.....

Not a Perfect Day

Greens still inconsistent after aeration. Another week or so should fix that problem.
No starter in sight when I arrived. No one to play with when my tee time arrived so started alone. Twosomes ahead of me never asked me to join them. Pace of play was atrocious because 2 larger groups up ahead were mediocre golfers and very slow. On hole 12 my average per hole was 17 minutes. 3 hours 40 minutes on the course on a blazing hot day. And no beverage cart nor was I advised beforehand that was the case.

Nice challenging course

The course was in good shape except for the construction on back 9 as wish I would have known before booking. Course is very challenging but fair if you select the correct club. Will be back but will not pay premium prices to play here. Clubhouse pricing on shirts and shorts were extremley affordable.

Great course but some temporary tee noxes due to construction. Nice but construction is happening.

Best views in town
Nice, tight challenging course
Greens are recovering from aeration well.

Short, but great character

Fantastic bay views, accuracy is key on many holes, overall condition was good. Detractors on this day: not a long course (ok for me), it was wet from excessive rain (several holes cart path only), greens were bumpy from recent aeration, and construction on 2 holes. I’d play there again with a hot deal but not regular price until conditions improve.

The Links - Great course! 2nd time to play

Played for the second time and the course is great. From tee to green it's beautiful and very green/lush. Great views of the bay side, pace of play was great out day out and couldn't of had a better time.

So Glad I finally Played

Sandestin is only a 4-hr drive from my house and after 30 years of golf, I finally got to play The Links for the first time. A truly wonderful experience. Not sure why I never made it here sooner. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The driving range was irons only, but it's good enough to loosen up before starting. The course was in excellent condition. The greens were rolling true and somewhat fast. The course yardage is not that long, but it still plays challenging requiring placement off the tee for good yardages to the greens. The highlight for me was playing holes along the Choctawhatchee Bay. Even with the rain and high wind on the last 6 holes it made for a picturesque day.

Rude staff / Marshal needs to open his eyes

Staff was unfriendly from the pro in the golf shop to the young girl in the snack shop. But, the marshal especially rude and obviously doesn’t know what he’s doing. At hole 6, he told my group that there were two holes empty in front of us (NOT TRUE!!!) and we were holding up all the groups behind us (NOT TRUE!!!). When we got to the tee box on the very next hole, the group in front of us was just getting on the green and the group behind us hadn’t even got on the tee box on hole 6. We may have been 2-3 minutes behind pace according to the GPS on the golf cart. So, this marshal needs to learn his job!! I’ll NEVER play here again!!!

A great course

The staff was very friendly and polite. The greens we fast and firm but rolled True. A couple of tee shots you will need to menover around a tree but I would play this course again. A good value for the money!

Great golf

Interesting layout and many challenging approach greens. Kept us on our toes! Absolutely beautiful views Pretty wild life too

Average

Average condition, average layout. Some nice views. The gentleman working club drop was great (a firefighter working a side hustle), club house staff not at all pleasant and starter needs to find another place to work (it is Florida, golf and you are retired - lighten up). I will spend my money other places when playing in Destin.

We definitely had a good time and the course was beautiful. Would definitely recommend.

Nice course. It was hot hot hot and we were told the refreshment cart would be driving around but we never saw it. Other than that really nice course

Very average

Course was in decent shape: fairways were nice, greens were average, needed to be rolled. Layout was difficult but manageable. A few holes are odd off the tee. My biggest complaint was staff nudged patrons along to close up shop. Club house closed at 3:00 even when we asked if we could buy some souvenirs. All in all course wasn’t bad good value for the money we paid.

Request A Vacation Quote From Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Miramar Beach, Florida
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.