Padeswood & Buckley Golf Club
White 70 6051 yards
Yellow 70 5824 yards
Red (W) 72 5446 yards
Scorecard for Padeswood & Buckley Golf Club
White M: 69.8/126 406 214 348 338 338 197 311 475 358 2985 147 375 422 544 127 368 562 373 175 3093 6078
Yellow M: 68.5/124 395 200 337 311 320 184 296 445 349 2837 136 365 408 500 112 334 541 351 166 2913 5750
Red W: 75.1/118 381 185 332 289 312 157 290 428 314 2688 119 350 375 463 107 323 487 340 194 2758 5446

Year Built 1933

Single Allowed Yes
Dress code Proper attire is required. No jeans / tracksuits.

Disapointed

We were looking forward to playing the course, we were welcomed by the club pro and was informed that temporary greens were in use, we appreciated that they had to protect the greens from the early morning frost, by the time we finished our round at midday we were still playing temporary greens. Not only did it shorten the course by a few hundred yards, putting was not possible. It spoilt our round and we felt it was not worth the cost. One of my co players was an ex green keeper and felt the greens could have been opened a lot earlier

Excellent Greens

Played this course for the first time today. Short course but quite tricky. The greens were in excellent condition considering the rain over the last few weeks. The layout could be better and there should be signs up on some holes to guide you were to go to find the next tee. Would play again. Disappointed to hear the pro tell us that if we had phoned up and booked we would have paid half the price we actually played.

Fantastic course for time of year

The course was in fantastic condition for the time of year; in fact the best we have played this year , only Helsby comes close. We even spoke to the greenskeeper and congratulated him and the rest of the greenkeepers for their work.
The staf in the club house were friendly and nothing was to much trouble. Thanks ladies/Girls

P@b cold frosty morning

Greeted by the pro to be told we were on 18 temporary greens. Disappointed.

A pleasure to play

This is a great course and suitable for all standard of golfer. The course was in excellent condition and a pleasure to play. The staff are welcoming and members friendly. This is a must play if you haven't been here before.

Great golf course, friendly and helpful staff.

The course was in great condition. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The greens were one of the best we have played. Looking forward to playing this course again.

Great value golf

We both were very surprised and pleased with the layout and condition of this course, tees fairways and greens were all in fantastic shape, the green staff obviously take great pride in their golf course. The pro and rest of clubhouse staff were also very helpful.

Wet Welsh Weather

This is a great little course which offers a real variety of play. We played the day after heavy rain and were caught in heavy showers for the first 9 holes so had to contend with very, very, wet greens. All in all though, the course was in good condition and we'll certainly be coming back- in drier weather.

Played for first time today.
Course in great condition for time of year.
A great course to learn on for beginners but then good challenges for a more experienced golfer, making you think about your shots. Good positioning of hazards
Will definitely go again

Quirky and fun.

You begin to get a feel for what lies ahead when the first tee comes equipped with traffic lights to warn motorists that there are other drivers in the area. Playing for position is key on many holes but there is often the temptation to 'cut the corner' or 'take on the water'. Generally it pays to avoid temptation.

Padeswood and Buckley is a course requiring accuracy rather than length. It's a course that requires a fair bit of local knowledge if you are to avoid inadvertantly putting yourself in the occasional spot of bother. You don't need driver on every hole but you do have to think your way round. I played the course in December and again in early January. My return visit was down to the fact I enjoyed my initial visit even though twelve holes had been on winter greens. I wanted to experience the course when the proper greens were in play and I was not dissapointed. Greens are small demanding accurate approach shots. They were in very good condition considering the time of year.

The main let-down relating to the course is the layout of of the last half dozen holes which feature a double green and a single fairway that is shared by two holes and that is crossed when playing a par three. It cannot make for quick play during summer medals and tin hat sales in the pro-shop would not surprise me.

Another disappointment was access to the clubhouse which requires a security code and on both occasions I played the pro-shop had closed early meaning the code was not forthcoming.

These quibbles aside I would recommend trying the course for a very good value and enjoyable day out.

Poor weather

Tight course in very good condition

Holes are rather close together but have been very well thought out and designed. The greens were very fast compared to other courses I have played

Hawarden, Flintshire