Prestatyn Golf Club

White 72 6570 yards
Yellow 72 6246 yards
Red (W) 75 5691 yards
Scorecard for Prestatyn Golf Club
White M: 73.1/123 307 382 516 468 404 176 490 412 311 3466 450 139 507 175 434 335 414 150 494 3098 6564
Red W: 74.1/125 307 382 516 468 404 176 490 412 311 3466 450 139 507 175 434 335 414 150 494 3098 6564

Year Built 1905
Architect Donald Steel (1990) Steve Marnoch

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard

Fab Course

Greens are wonderful and the staff and members really friendly. We always try to get a round on here when we visit. Love this course.

Amazing value for money as well!

Proper links at unbelievable value

Played here for the first time in nice but breezy conditions. Course in perfect condition and greens very good. Staff very friendly as well this cannot be beaten for value for money. Tricky but not too challenging for a mid-handicapper. Well worth the drive from Manchester.

Great day

We played Prestatyn GC for the first time today and had a great day. The course is a real cracker! Not an easy course with some fairways only 20 paces wide, plenty of bunkers and long tough rough, but a really good course! The greens were great - fast, true and receptive even after the 6 weeks of summer we have just had. After we stopped for a drink and a toastie which finished off a great day. Would definitely recommend this course.

Stunning course in fantastic condition

A really stunning course with excellent greens. A real test of links golf. Immaculately kept. Recommended.

Stunning course in fantastic condition

Playing at its finest, this course presents a real test of golf. Greens are a real pleasure to putt on. Tee boxes and fairways are cut immaculately.

Only issue experienced was a 4 ball shotgun start competition that tried to block our way on the 11th. They had just arrived on the tee as we left the 10th green and told us to jog on to the 13th tee. I had to stand my ground and politely inform these rude people that that was never going to happen. I was quizzed on my status as a player to which I replied I wasn't happy being questioned in this way during a round and they backed down and we proceeded to play out the hole and move on. Uncalled for as it took longer to fight my corner than it did to play the hole! Found out it was a police day out completion! Didn't spoil our round though.

Would definitely recommend this course.

5 stars.

Great all round experience

Friendly staff in the golf shop, informed me about the pin position, and that the Society playing on that day were well ahead and wouldn't hold up our play (I like attention to detail).

Course played well, greens ran true, a tribute to the green staff.

Bar, very accommodating and not overpriced.

Fully recommended.

Prestatyn Golf club

Prestatyn golf course is a fantastic links golf course

We played in brilliant sunshine and hardly a breath of wind

The course was in excellent condition and the greens very true if a tad slow

A warm welcome in the pro shop was the start to a great day of golf

Pace of play was very good 3 hours 45 minutes for 18 holes

The food and drinks were fairly priced and good quality

All in all a must play experience

Great Links Course

Played on a day in early April when most of my local courses on the Wirral were closed due to poor weather. However, we had been looking to play Prestatyn for a while so we booked a tee-time on the day as the course was fully open, no temporary greens, and trolleys and buggies allowed. Even the sun was shining! We had a chat to some members prior to our tee-time and they were very welcoming.

The course itself was in super condition considering the amount of rain that had fallen over the previous month. It was flat, with generous fairways and the greens were medium fast. The yellow tees were well forward so the course was playing shorter but there was little run on the ball.

I enjoyed the course and would be happy to play it again soon. The round cost a reasonable £21 per player booked via the tee-times website. Owing to time factors we were unable to sample the clubhouse and bar facilities. Maybe next time.

Highly recommended course.

Despite the weather a fabulous day out.

Despite what feels like continuous poor weather and water logged golf courses everywhere we had the good fortune to book and play at prestatyn on Sunday 1st April. Apparently the course was under water the previous day but there was little evidence of this on our visit. A warm welcome in the pros shop followed a fabulous game on a course In fabulous condition. We were alone all afternoon so pace of play was not an issue. A friendly reception in the club house followed with a drink and a bite. All in all fabulous and we are sure to revisit. Well done to the club and the green keeping staff.

Great test

Ace condition even though it was February , greens had been spiked but didn't affect them much , fantastic course !

Great winter golf

Nice course with good facilities, and in impeccable condition for mid February! Well worth the trip.

Very slow behind 4 balls who really couldn't play.

New year's day knock

Time of year and the amount of rain we've had course was in great condition .

No winter mats all greens in play what more can you ask for well worth the ride out.

Will be back soon.

Great course well maintained despite the typhoon

I have to admit I was not really looking forward to this round as the weather was horrible and all other courses I passed on my way where closed, but wow this course was absolutely brilliant and the ground staff had done an unbelievable job with the course. The green were playing fast even though the ground was very wet with standing water on certain areas of the course, but they never really came into play for me. The pro was very nice and helpful even helped me with a new water proof jacket as I had left mine in work. I was pretty much the only person, probably crazy enough to play in the conditions for a full 18, so absolutely flew really round and was probably help by the 40+mph winds. I all honestly I loved the course and would go back tomorrow, including 17 and 18 playing across a road leading upto the club house which was a tad unnerving. Enjoy and don’t hesitate to book here

Great Condition

Played the course many times over the last 20 years but I’ve never seen it in such good condition at this time of year, the greens weren’t excellent for the time of year, they were simply excellent, very good coverage of grass and not at all slow which is normally a problem with Links greens in the winter months, well done to the Greenkeeper and staff, good effort. Cheers Rob (visitor from Cheshire)

Friday golf

Course in great condition staff very helpful recommend to anyone

Great links course set between the dunes and some hills in north wales. Wide opening holes are followed by a great set of tight holes. Greens in very good condition. Plays long with the prevailing wind.

Holiday golf

Just finding a "hot deal" and very impressed. Hard enough in the wind, certainly challenging but course in fabulous condition. Looked like the first few holes had the geeens sand dressed but even so, great condition. Pro shop extremely friendly and accommodating too. Will definately return next time I'm up here.

Proper links course. Excellent greens.

We had perfect links conditions: bright sun and a stiff breeze to keep things cool and interesting. We had the course almost to ourselves; one ladies four ball in front let us through straightaway. Friendly welcome in the Pro shop. Worth investing in the course planner because there are some holes where you need to figure out where you're aiming off the tee. The course not as immaculately presented as the one we'd played the day before. But that was Hoylake, and these greens were definitely in the same class. Tremendous value for what we paid.

Prestatyn, Denbighshire