Style Links

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Available Activities

Billiards

Great day out on the North Wales coast

The course was in great condition for February and was, basically, empty. Beautiful weather and views. Really nice clubhouse and super friendly staff. Definitely coming back to play again.

Prestatyn

Greens and fairways in good condition
Nice course friendly pro shop

Great Links course and firm fairways in the winter

Played on Sunday 20th October when most of the courses in the area were waterlogged. The course was in great condition with firm fairways and very fast greens! The course itself is challenging and having previously played on a hot and windless day, the task was somewhat different this time.

The first hole is an excellent risk and reward hole and one of our group put his first ball OB on the left then followed up with a great drive to the front fringe for three to perfectly illustrate the point.

I am not a big hitter and course is not overly long off the yellows which is good when the wind blows and a number of the par fours need some thought over where you leave your tee shot. Hole 9? with a brook protecting the green and OB off the back illustrated this perfectly; along with the previous par 3 were my favorite holes.

Everyone at the course was relaxed and very friendly and the halfway house remained open at 16:30 on a damp and darkening afternoon; which was great for a cup of tea and a hot dog to warm you up and fuel the back nine.

After two rounds Prestatyn has become one of my favorite courses in the North West and Wales and is up there with Royal St Davids (Harlech), Wallesey and Warrington and although might not have the ultimate visual splendor of those costs a fraction of those and is only 45 minutes from Chester.

Only one very minor downer on the day being the four ball two groups ahead were slow backing up the tees which is not what you want on a cold day when the light is disappearing. This is a ongoing problem and I'm not sure what the solution is, I like to see timing listed against each hole on the scorecard and possibly handing visitors a sheet on golf etiquette to keep the game going. As we had a few spaces ahead of us we didn't catch them until hole 14 but I suspect the two ball in between were a bit p1ss3d off!

In Summary, Great course, great condition (phenomenal for the time of year considering the rains of biblical proportions we have had) and stupendous value.

Excellent Day

We recently had a society day at this course, and following continually poor weather, what a joy it was to come off a course with no mud on everything. The greens were excellent, the fairways were in superb condition considering the past weather. The tees, were ok following a summer of golf, with only one on a temperory surface. All in all a great day, well done to the greens staff. I have got to mention the catering staff, it was excellent. Thank you so much for the meal everyone said it was one of the best this year. Thanks everyone, we will be back..

Great Course with helpful staff

Course played really well and the staff were very friendly my only concern was the lack of yardage markers on the fairway on a few holes

Great condition

Firm fairways and greens proper links golf as it should be greens running true and fast

Really enjoyed the course, think it helped that it wasn’t windy. Greens were top notch considering it’s middle of winter.

What can I say, very friendly and helpful staff and the course is in unbelievable condition and good challenge for any golfer. Will definitely becoming back

Winter Classic

Prestatyn was yet again superb. We travelled 50 miles to play, after days of heavy rain left most parkland courses unplayable. Fairways and greens were dry and firm and in great condition for winter. This course is a gem. Highlights are the interesting well protected par 3’s. Par 4’s / 5’s have well placed tees and fairway bunkers and present a challenge in the wind. Some are a little ordinary, but the 18th is one of the best closing holes I’ve played.

Fab Course

Greens are wonderful and the staff and members really friendly. We always try to get a round on here when we visit. Love this course.

Amazing value for money as well!

Proper links at unbelievable value

Played here for the first time in nice but breezy conditions. Course in perfect condition and greens very good. Staff very friendly as well this cannot be beaten for value for money. Tricky but not too challenging for a mid-handicapper. Well worth the drive from Manchester.

Great day

We played Prestatyn GC for the first time today and had a great day. The course is a real cracker! Not an easy course with some fairways only 20 paces wide, plenty of bunkers and long tough rough, but a really good course! The greens were great - fast, true and receptive even after the 6 weeks of summer we have just had. After we stopped for a drink and a toastie which finished off a great day. Would definitely recommend this course.

Stunning course in fantastic condition

A really stunning course with excellent greens. A real test of links golf. Immaculately kept. Recommended.

Stunning course in fantastic condition

Playing at its finest, this course presents a real test of golf. Greens are a real pleasure to putt on. Tee boxes and fairways are cut immaculately.

Only issue experienced was a 4 ball shotgun start competition that tried to block our way on the 11th. They had just arrived on the tee as we left the 10th green and told us to jog on to the 13th tee. I had to stand my ground and politely inform these rude people that that was never going to happen. I was quizzed on my status as a player to which I replied I wasn't happy being questioned in this way during a round and they backed down and we proceeded to play out the hole and move on. Uncalled for as it took longer to fight my corner than it did to play the hole! Found out it was a police day out completion! Didn't spoil our round though.

Would definitely recommend this course.

5 stars.

Great all round experience

Friendly staff in the golf shop, informed me about the pin position, and that the Society playing on that day were well ahead and wouldn't hold up our play (I like attention to detail).
Course played well, greens ran true, a tribute to the green staff.
Bar, very accommodating and not overpriced.
Fully recommended.

Prestatyn Golf club

Prestatyn golf course is a fantastic links golf course
We played in brilliant sunshine and hardly a breath of wind
The course was in excellent condition and the greens very true if a tad slow
A warm welcome in the pro shop was the start to a great day of golf
Pace of play was very good 3 hours 45 minutes for 18 holes
The food and drinks were fairly priced and good quality
All in all a must play experience

Great Links Course

Played on a day in early April when most of my local courses on the Wirral were closed due to poor weather. However, we had been looking to play Prestatyn for a while so we booked a tee-time on the day as the course was fully open, no temporary greens, and trolleys and buggies allowed. Even the sun was shining! We had a chat to some members prior to our tee-time and they were very welcoming.
The course itself was in super condition considering the amount of rain that had fallen over the previous month. It was flat, with generous fairways and the greens were medium fast. The yellow tees were well forward so the course was playing shorter but there was little run on the ball.
I enjoyed the course and would be happy to play it again soon. The round cost a reasonable £21 per player booked via the tee-times website. Owing to time factors we were unable to sample the clubhouse and bar facilities. Maybe next time.
Highly recommended course.

Despite the weather a fabulous day out.

Despite what feels like continuous poor weather and water logged golf courses everywhere we had the good fortune to book and play at prestatyn on Sunday 1st April. Apparently the course was under water the previous day but there was little evidence of this on our visit. A warm welcome in the pros shop followed a fabulous game on a course In fabulous condition. We were alone all afternoon so pace of play was not an issue. A friendly reception in the club house followed with a drink and a bite. All in all fabulous and we are sure to revisit. Well done to the club and the green keeping staff.

Prestatyn, Denbighshire