Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort offers four 18-hole, championship courses designed by three renowned architects. Raven Golf Club, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., was carefully carved through marshes, native wetlands, and towering pine forests. Jones created a layout that is hailed for being both modern and traditional. It is also notable for how it seamlessly flows into the surrounding nature. The golf course offers plenty of variety both in shot options and visual scenery. The diverse holes are accented by dramatic changes in color and texture throughout the landscape. Water comes into play frequently and there are a number of strategically placed sand traps. Golfers are presented with a myriad of different ways to play each hole, which means thoughtful strategy is a necessity. The golf course's large, undulating greens also make proper club selection essential.

Sandestin - Raven Golf Club
Raven 71 6931 yards 73.8 137
Silver 71 6361 yards 71.5 135
Scorecard for Raven
Raven M: 73.8/137 389 460 587 193 400 203 604 158 460 3454 379 562 130 438 421 321 172 546 431 3400 6854
Silver M: 71.5/135 346 415 565 148 367 174 604 131 402 3152 337 522 113 398 388 298 207 522 424 3209 6361
White M: 68.4/128 W: 69.2/117 325 396 545 104 356 162 522 104 365 2879 312 480 95 369 370 282 117 481 414 2920 5799
Gold M: 66.2/123 281 324 471 88 340 87 487 86 343 2507 286 450 72 340 308 250 136 438 319 2599 5106

Year Built 2000
Greens Tifeagle
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Sandestin Golf Academy"

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt and Bermuda Shorts Required

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2018 #29)

Playing Multiple Courses 26

A golf paradise!

Vacation down here once a year and the Raven Course continues to be my favorite. Fairways were pristine and the greens rolled well despite being punched not long ago. Rita in the pro shop set me up for a tee time as a single player and a couple of groups out on the course allowed me to play through which is always nice. Overall.....a fantastic experience!

Commented On 08/23/2019

Hi baftonwalker. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Commented On 08/06/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Raven at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Very Unfriendly staff in clubhouse

Course is nice, other than the fact that all the employees other than the valet and cart girls treat you like you should not be on their course if your under 45. We arrived 30 minutes before tee time as instructed valet unloaded bags and put them on the cart then showed us to the club house to check in. In the club house we were treated as we were below the men working inside. We continued on to the driving range to practice before our tee time, and were rushed off rudely by the staff, when we still had plenty of time to make it to the first tee box. We will not be back to this course if this is how We are going to be treated when paying a $150 round.

Commented On 08/06/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams so they can work to make changes. We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Not impressed

3:10 tee time and check in guy makes sure to tell us no matter how many holes we play make sure we are back before 7:30 pm. Tee boxes were in bad shape, and water leaks all over course. Thought there might be water to drink every two or three holes but all they had was a water fountain per nine. Concession wasn’t open the only thing the Raven wants is you to buy something from cart lady. Course was not near as nice as Kelly Plantation or Whispering Dunes. Whispering Dunes is much more fun and less money with water for golfer all over.

Commented On 08/01/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us.

Beautiful Destin Track

Course is in really good shape right now as the greens, fairways, and tee boxes are all trimmed nicely. From the back tees, the course is fair with a nice mixture of medium to short 3 and 4’s and some long par 5’s and is not overly difficult. Staff is very friendly and I appreciated the cold towel on a hot day. I have been in the area for a year now and this, along with Kelly Plantation, is the best course I have played.

Commented On 07/26/2019

Commented On 07/26/2019

Great day at Raven

Raven is a great layout that will challenge any game. Course was is great condition. From tee to green it was a solid layout. The staff was friendly and we got paired with two singles and the day was a great day.

Commented On 07/22/2019

This is a nice course. The course is in good shape and the staff is friendly. The only thing lacking is a nicer dining experience. I realize it a public course, but for the CC prices, I expected more. I’d still play it again though.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Commented On 07/15/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing at Sandestin!

Disappointed

First I had made a tee time when we got to the starter he told us to follow a twosome that had just checked in that was told the time we had was open. Was very disappointed in the experience at the Raven. Where not informed the greens had been top dressed when we checked in and most of the bunkers where mediocre at best. One water fountain the entire course as well, not the best when it’s 90+ degrees outside. Played Indian Bayou earlier in the week. Much better conditions and cheaper..would highly recommend it over the Raven.

Commented On 07/11/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Tennessee Advisor

Playable course in great shape

The course was in terrific shape from tee to green. I liked that it was very playable, meaning that it wasn’t overly difficult or penalizing. I hit some shots that I thought for sure rolled Into hazards that weren’t even close. If you keep the ball from going to crookedly, you can score here.

Pace of play was fine once I got through a few groups, but they did let a 5-some go out, which I don’t particularly care for.

If you’re new to Florida golf and playing this on a vacation, know that the humidity will cost you probably half a club on most shots. Take more club than you think on those forced carries!

Also, I definitely recommend waiting for twilight rates, which are much better than prime rates.

Commented On 06/28/2019

Hi Keith. We're glad you enjoyed your round at Sandestin. Thanks for the review and you in-depth analysis! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented On 06/26/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon!

Great course to play

Course in great condition and very challenging from Silver tees. Tough but fair.

Commented On 06/17/2019

First off

Played in 3.5 hrs with a Cowboys fan and 2 guys from Kentucky. We all had a good time! Course in pretty good shape, one tee (15) needs work but the rest are great! Greens recovered from aeration well

Commented On 06/17/2019

RAVEN

Excellent course and was still in good shape considering the amount of rain the last couple days. The snack bar (after #9) wasn’t open and there are no water coolers available on the course,. We called to request drink cart and they met our cart in 5minutes which was very nice. Overall great place! Highly recommend

Commented On 06/10/2019

Excellent experience

From the moment we were greeted as we pulled up to when they pulled the bags off of our cart, the staff did an excellent job making us feel at home. The course was also in excellent shape and in the last stages of the late-spring aeration. We got a great deal on our play and look forward to playing again in the future! The only notable comment I would have is that some of the tee boxes had thin grass and could use some work, but overall had minimal to no effect on play.

Commented On 06/03/2019

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us here at Sandestin. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Took Me To My Knees

The Raven flies. Good course. A challenge. Played from the tips and need some tips to make it through. Played at 730 am and course was full and buzzing. I hit bombs off the tees and threaded my putts like a seamstress. Good fun with Nick and Cory from Missouri

Commented On 05/30/2019

Hi! We're glad to hear you had a great round. Please join again soon. Thanks for playing at Sandestin!

Plays Twice a year

Good Track

Kind of expensive but it is in line with some of the higher end courses in the area.

Commented On 05/29/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Sandestin!

Commented On 05/29/2019

Great Track

Played this course at the start of my Memorial Day/Week Vacation and really loved the layout with 5 par 3's, plenty of water and great bunker placement. You had to pay attention off the tee on all but maybe 2 tee shots and 3 of the par 3's presented a real challenge. At a premium price I was disappointed in the condition of the tee boxes, I played the tips and it was obvious that there had not been much traffic on them but they were nearly half dirt. The guys I played with had vacation homes on the course and they made a few comments on the condition themselves so I assume this is not common and may only be temporary. The greens rolled very nicely with the exception of pace due to their recent aeration, need to get back and play once they cut them tight and roll them. Staff was as excellent as they've always been at any of the Sandestin Golf Courses.

Commented On 06/04/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon!

A must during your destin golf tour

Great layout and ultimate risk reward and shot crafting layout. The course from silver will demand every club in the bag. Just when you think you are in cruise control “RTJ” throws you some interesting looks to keep you honest and play what the course gives you. You can score here if you locate a tee shot and if you don’t you can expect a big number. Every bunker has a purpose and the shape of the course doesn’t demand perfection but does demand focus. The greens are almost “there” after aeration and a good read with speed will always be a true putt. The tee boxes on a few holes do need an overseeding or outright repair but otherwise a great golf experience. Could have used a few water coolers on the course today as it got hot and the Ravens Nest Consession was closed on the back during the peak sun hours. Pretty good value but a few dollars cheaper would put the course in the sweet spot.

Commented On 05/24/2019

Hi! Thank you for your review of our course. We hope to see you again at Sandestin!

Ready for summer

Course was recently aerated but not really s factor, greens are that good! Except for a couple tee boxes that need a little work,, course is in fantastic shape. Great layout, played in 2 hours (first off, single)
Traps, fairways, greens A+

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon! Thanks for playing at Sandestin!

Commented On 05/20/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Request A Vacation Quote From Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida