A view of a hole with water in background at Emerald Bay

Type Semi-Private/Resort

Located right along the water, Emerald Bay Golf Club was designed by Bob Cupp to be Destin's premier full-service, 18-hole championship course. Water is a prominent feature as the course overlooks the shores Choctawhatchee Bay and incorporates water features on 12 of the holes. Oftentimes golfers will face an intimidating shot across a lake or a pond. Emerald Bay Golf Club's sculpted fairways and tight greens are always in excellent condition. There are four sets of tees that make the golf course accessible to most players' abilities and no matter what skill level you are, the views are not to be missed. The views are especially breathtaking on the back nine, which borders the bay. There is also an expansive driving range at Emerald Bay that golfers can use before playing the golf course.

Emerald Bay Golf Club

Year Built 1991
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Bob Cupp (1991) Bob Cupp (2014) David Johnson (1991)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. No denim, collared shirt required.

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Excellent course, nice facilities, and quality staff.

Minor item - for a first time player there could have been better signage for the holes.

The course was in pretty good shape. Tee boxes, fairways and sand traps were in great shape. The greens were bumpy and hard to read but were well maintained. The pro shop is outstanding! Whatever you want, they have it.
A little over priced and a few more green bunkers would make this course much better.

We enjoyed the layout and setting for this course. The conditions were great.

Commented on 06/25/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Emerald Bay Golf Club!

Commented on 06/22/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Emerald Bay Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great First and Last Impressions. Smooth as Silk Greens!

I booked on GN and when I arrived and walked up to where the carts were a staffer grabbed my club bag and said he’d put them in my cart and have them ready for my game. I asked where to pay and he told me in the clubhouse up the staircase. When I walked in I was greeted with a warm welcome and a plush fully stocked pro shop. Looked around for a second but really just wanted to go play the course so I paid and while I was paying was handed a sleeve of Callaway Truvis balls for my game.
I noticed that the carts HD GPS was free and included in the price of play. Which at some other courses I’ve played lately you have to pay extra for. A very nice feature.
Holes 1-9 were challenging but 10-18 were more scenic. Though some of the holes were tight others were more opened up. Most of the hole however had a water feature which made it more of a challenge. The drink girl riding around on the course was very nice and had an array of whatever you fancied to sip. My day the weather was fair and 84 with a slip wind but I felt as if I was the only one out the even though they were fairly stacked.
At the end of my round I finished 3- par and when I rolled up to get out of the cart the staffer asked me so,ethi g I’ve never been asked before at any course I’ve ever played at.
He asked if he could wipe my clubs down.
At first I was kind of taken back ,but then told him yes and I appreciated it.
I went to start my truck and when I’d turned around my clubs were sitting there ready to be chased up.
Now that is First Class in my book and a must play if you are ever anywhere close to Emerald Bay. I couldn’t find anything wrong with this golf course.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hi, thank you for your kind words in your review and feedback of us! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Emerald Bay Golf Club.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hi Mike, thank you for visiting us at Emerald Bay Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating of us! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Emerald Bay Golf Club!

Awesome day of golf!

Whenever you pay over $100 for a round, your expectations are always high. Emerald Bay did not disappoint! For the moment we arrived until the time our clubs were loaded back into the car we couldn’t have been happier. The staff were friendly and attentive and the course was in great shape and challenging. The pin placement seemed to be a PGA Sunday placement, which made some holes even more challenging. We’d definitely come back.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hi Tim, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Emerald Bay Golf Club.

Great Golf Day

With all the rules, the staff and the course were superb. With fewer vacationers the pace of play was great. When they do come down later this summer, they’ll find the course in great shape with a responsive staff.

Commented on 06/15/2020

Hi, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Emerald Bay Golf Club.

A 10some on a golf course?

Course layout was great and the pace of play was good. I would say that a Marshall on the course to help break up the obvious party going on with the 10some that we caught on the back nine. No lie...2 5somes of bachelor part groups were playing most of the holes on the back as 1 large group.

Other than that it was great. I’ll play it again.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hi, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Emerald Bay Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating of us! We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Emerald Bay Golf Club!

Don't believe what you read

I play this course frequently and have always enjoyed it. When I signed up for my tee time, the note said that it included a free gift of a sleeve of balls. When the option to pay online came up, I selected prepay which saved me an extra $5 or so for each of us. When I got to the course and asked about the sleeve of balls, I was told that was only valid if I paid for the round at the course. It was explained to me that this was an error by GolfNow and that the course has attempted to correct it. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if accurate information was presented on the site. Not a deal breaker and I will play the course again.

Emerald Bay 5/8/20

Good location, friendly helpful check in staff.

When playing hole #9, the grass cutter was driving in the fairway. There’s no way he didn’t see us. Maybe, he needs training?

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review of the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We always aim to provide a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement and will use it to work or making the necessary changes. Thank you for playing Emerald Bay Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hi Howard, thank you for visiting us at Emerald Bay Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Excellent golf experience

Good greens!!
Fairways a bit worn in places
Overall-excellent!!

Commented on 04/06/2020

Emerald Bay

Great course for the money! The greens are in excellent shape. Very nice practice area. The Staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to assist you.

Commented on 04/01/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Emerald Bay

Excellent customer service at bag drop and in the pro shop. Very limited golf cart beverage service. Course is challenging and nice layout. Greens are slow and could be cut a little shorter. Overall excellent value for $60.

Commented on 04/01/2020

Course is in great shape

This was the second time I played here this year. First time was wet and this time windy. Both times the course was in great shape. Course maintained social distancing and removed water bottles for the virus restrictions. I'll play again.

Commented on 04/01/2020

Hi, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Emerald Bay Golf Club and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Semi-Private/Resort