Type Semi-Private/Resort

Located right along the water, Emerald Bay Golf Club was designed by Bob Cupp to be Destin's premier full-service, 18-hole championship course. Water is a prominent feature as the course overlooks the shores Choctawhatchee Bay and incorporates water features on 12 of the holes. Oftentimes golfers will face an intimidating shot across a lake or a pond. Emerald Bay Golf Club's sculpted fairways and tight greens are always in excellent condition. There are four sets of tees that make the golf course accessible to most players' abilities and no matter what skill level you are, the views are not to be missed. The views are especially breathtaking on the back nine, which borders the bay. There is also an expansive driving range at Emerald Bay that golfers can use before playing the golf course.

I 72 7050 yards 73.9 143
II 72 6620 yards 71.4 141
III 72 6209 yards 69.8 132
IV 72 5481 yards 66.9 122
V 72 4655 yards 63.6 115
Scorecard for Emerald Bay Golf Club
I M: 73.9/143 427 424 164 313 399 430 562 232 529 3480 474 362 246 605 372 449 204 331 527 3570 7050
II M: 71.4/141 405 390 150 296 385 410 554 162 505 3257 455 348 215 580 352 409 178 318 508 3363 6620
III M: 69.8/132 376 378 138 284 365 380 515 152 485 3073 395 330 202 555 325 382 152 308 487 3136 6209
Combo M: 67.7/124 311 353 138 284 339 321 463 152 485 2846 332 330 202 504 261 313 152 308 487 2889 5735
IV M: 66.9/122 W: 71.9/132 311 353 115 264 339 321 463 140 418 2724 332 302 181 504 261 313 128 290 446 2757 5481
V M: 63.6/115 W: 67.2/123 267 304 91 227 298 289 387 85 378 2326 291 277 107 483 146 285 114 210 416 2329 4655

Year Built 1991
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Bob Cupp (1991) Bob Cupp (2014)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. No denim, collared shirt required.

Golfer63

Overall course is in good condition. Greens were airfied in the past couple of weeks, so they were a bit bumpy. I like this course and play it whenever I'm in Destin.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Emerald Bay Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Never Disappoints

Every year when my family comes to Destin we make it a point to play this course. The staff was extremely polite and informed. The greens had been aerated so they were not at the normal level but that’s understandable for this time of year. If you have never played this course give it a try and I bet you will be coming back.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

nice golf

the starter would not set my cart up for handicap. I have a heart problem and can not walk long distances. the cart would stop as far as 100 yard from the green and on several holes I had to pickup to keep from walking across a fairway It took two nitro pills to finish. the rest of the staff was great and the course was well kept and fun to play

Commented On 05/13/2019

Thank you for the 4 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with some feedback. We will make sure to take the issue with the carts into consideration, as that has not been previously brought to our attention. Thanks!

Commented On 05/06/2019

Thank you for the 5 stars!

Emerald Bay Review

Played Emerald Bay and found the course to be fun to play and in reasonable condition. There is some poa growing in the greens currently but that is the nature of early season bermuda greens. As the weather warms and the bermuda grows better the poa dies out and the greens should be very good.

There are some quirky 90 degree dogleg holes but overall found the course to be quite playable. Water comes into play on multiple holes but fairways are generous.Worth a play while in Destin.

Commented On 05/06/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us TabascoJim. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Emerald Bay Golf Club thanks you!

Bad greens

Greens are covered in crab grass right now. Caused putts to not roll true and caused several missed putts. Will play again when we come back if they get rid of crab grass if not I would stay away. Employees and hospitality was great my only complaint was the greens.

Commented On 04/26/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We apologize for conditions not bring up to par. We look forward to having you back.

First time dew sweeper

Great course, friendly staff, Great shirt ! Played in 2 hrs, except poa on the greens, , a 5 star across the board. Nice layout! Will play again soon

Commented On 04/26/2019

Thanks for the review! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Thank you for the 5 stars!

Perfect afternoon

I took my own advice from my previous round, and played a combo of III and IV tees. The wind was also down making the longer holes much more playable. The course also benefited from some rain the day before. Playing early afternoon was a good choice as we were able to get around in 3-1/2 hours. Overall, an excellent day of golf!

Commented On 04/22/2019

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for the 4-stars. We hope to have you back in the future.

Good challenge

The course was in relatively good shape, with some fairways and greens a little sparse. Course plays long, with water (in play) on many holes, and can be quite challenging if windy (which it was). For average golfers would suggest playing off mix of III and IV tees, using the more forward ones (IV) on longer holes.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Always a pleasure

to play Emerald Lake. Somehow difficult and sometimes windy but fun to play even with some challenging holes. Will come back.

Commented On 04/15/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Emerald Bay

Course is in great shape. Codo’s to the ground crew and the whole intire staff.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with some feedback. We love hearing from our golfers. We hope to see you back soon!

Green, but Wet

First, I want to say that the staff I encountered we're very friendly and welcoming. Secondly, the deal I got at GolfNow was spectacular, but the non-deal time rates are quite high for the course and, particularly, the current conditions.

I golfed after a pretty significant rain event, so I shouldn't complain about the wetness, but I would have hoped for better drainage. Aside from the general sogginess, conditions ranged from OK to quite nice, and the course was greener than most others in the area.

Holes we're a nice mix of moderate to challenging (with a few being more than enough of a challenge for my skill). There are a few very nice holes that are pretty enough to make you want to play the course again. Greens rolled nice but we're a little hairy, with some weeds starting to invade.

If this sounds negative, I don't mean for it to; it's a very nice course and I enjoyed myself. If I had paid the $100/round rate, which you might have too in the coming months, then I would think maybe I didn't get my money's worth.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hi there! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Greens are not in prime shape

Fairways not lush yet but neither are most courses in Destin this time of year. Greens were rolling good but Po was prevalent and made for bumpy conditions. Hopefully they will get that under control soon because I love playing there

Commented On 04/15/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is so important to us and we will make sure this gets passed along.

Great layout but greens no good

I love the course layout and the staff is wonderful. Pace of play was very good. Our only issue is with the greens. Every green is covered with little spots of weeds. Putts would not roll true. Based on this, I can only give an average rating. Price is too high for bad greens. We’ve played in the past and this is a new issue. I’m marking this one off the list for future play unless I hear the greens are better maintained.

Commented On 04/15/2019

First time playing this course

Great course layout, you need to have a pretty straight tee shot on every tee box with little foregivness left and right. Great staff insid and outside! A must play if you are in the area.

Commented On 04/15/2019

We appreciate the 4 star review and feedback! We hope you come back to see us again in the future.

Goat Ranch

For $100 per person, Emarld Bay was not in good shape. Poa annual growing on greens that hadn’t been cut. Fairways were dry and divots not repaired everywhere. Hard pan by greens. Course is very challenging but the conditions made it very hard to play well. Definitely won’t be going back. Too bad because the layout was nice as well as the staff.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Good Destin course

Good course with excellent staff. Fairways were average.greens held good approach shots and putts held their line. Allowed us on as a fivesome as long as we kept up pace which was not a problem

Commented On 04/15/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had a positive experience, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing *[CourseName]*.

Commented On 04/15/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Emerald Bay Golf Club.

4.1719411765
4.3205823529
Niceville, Florida
Niceville, Florida

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC