Dunedin Golf Club

GPS: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Combo 72 5708 yards 66.8 114
Silver 72 5267 yards 64.8 110
Silver (W) 72 5267 yards 69.7 115

Dunedin Golf Club was carved out of citrus groves and was the PGA National Golf Course until 1962. The golf course itself is delightful. From elevation changes to a river that bisects the course, you can just feel the aura of the great golfers who have played here. Bobby Jones, Gene Saraze, Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Paul Runyan to name a few have participated in tournaments here. Dunedin Country Club is located in Dunedin, minutes from the beaches, many restaurants and several top hotel options. Dunedin Golf Club is a Donald Ross creation.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Expect Old Golf Days, Classic Ross"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

A must for Ross fans. Very rich in history. Greens were exceptional, again classic Ross. Nothing is what it seems if you know Ross, many optical and mind illusions. Old time character. Do not be fooled by distance. At 6300, enough 400+ par 4's, but some scorable par 5's too.

Commented on 03/21/2018

Thank you for your comments. I am the General Manager at the Club and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your round with us. Our Superintendent, Allen works diligently to provide a fine course for our members and guests. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Doubleagle45's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018

This was the second time playing the course in one week. Over seeding the fairways helped to provide excellent fairway turf. The greens were slower then many in the area but very consistent; which is all you can ask. Water comes into play on many holes and keeps you thinking. The staff and members we played with and met on the practice range were very friendly and upbeat about golf and the course. The pace of play was good........I will be back.

Commented on 02/18/2018

Thank you for your comments. I am the General Manager at the Club and I am pleased to hear that our team treated you in a friendly manner. Our Superintendent, Allen works diligently to provide a fine course for our members and guests. Again, thank you for your feedback.

"Great track and service"

donaldcarter's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/09/2018

I recently played Dunedin which was in great shape and a challenging layout. I thought that was the best part about it, but, I discovered differently. After my round, I forgot my rangefinder in the cart. Since I did not discover it missing until the next day when I had travelled to Orlando for my final round on my way home to Toronto, Canada, I never thought I would see my $350.00 investment ever again. But No! l immediately called the club and spoke to David Williams in the shop, he confirmed they had my rangefinder. He took my information and said they would happily send it back to me, IN CANADA! I received the rangefinder in the mail about a week later. Th postage alone for returning my rangefinder was over $15.00. This, is what it means to be a golf professional! This level of customer care and service, not just extended to members but day players as well. It would have been far to easy for some to just say if I wanted it I could pick it up or it may have not made it into zThe shop at all. Notat Dunedin. Thank you to all from the person on the back shop who must have found it to David who spoke to me and sent it back to John Falcone, the Head professional who clearly runs a club where this is the customer service ethic is practiced and valued. This exhibits the greatness of golf as truly a game of honour. Thanks.

Commented on 02/18/2018

Thank you for your comments. I am the General Manager at the Club and I am pleased to hear that our team went the extra mile to return your property. I would be extremely disjointed to hear otherwise. We try to treat our members and guests like family. Thank you for taking the time to provide kudos to David and our Golf Team!

"Demanding, Fun Layout"

mlw137's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

This course has many nice tree-lined fairways, at least half are doglegs. If you go a little wayward you find yourself in trees but easy to chip out or recover. The course is fair in that it has trees from which you can recover rather than bushed areas or swamp areas like some other courses. There is not much water in play on the course, none on the front nine, maybe 3-4 holes on the back. None the less I seem to find trees on this course more than I like to.

The greens are often protected with good quality bunkers, the greens are in very good condition. Putts roll true.

Overall, it is a challenging and fun course to play.

Commented on 02/18/2018

Thank you for your comments. I am the General Manager at the Club and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your round here. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

"Waste of time and money..Too Bad"

AllenDuncan's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

On vacation get a tee time on Tee Off. I get there and the place is packed with people. And they tell me it’s Shotgun and best ball. That I was starting on 6 with 3 other guys. I just came to play a round of golf! Can’t believe these guys post on Tee Off and this is what you paid for. Very unprofessional way to treat customers. I left. Never again will they get anymore of my money.

Commented on 02/18/2018

Thank you for your comments. I am the General Manager at the Club and I am sorry to hear your experience was not as you expected. I will get with my team and use this unfortunate event as a teachable moment. We try to accommodate everyone to the best of our abilities, please accept my humble apology that we did not deliver for you.

"One of the better courses in the area"

Pickelson's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

Such a great course. Always in at least halfway decent condition. If you ask them beforehand, they will be honest with how you.

Rates aren't awful for the quality of the course. It can get a little difficult (especially on the back), but overall great experience. One of my favorite courses in Central Florida.

Even coming off of renovation two days prior, the course was stellar. Going to be in great condition this summer.

"Not great but it is a Ross"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Greens are nice and classic Ross. The rest of the course is a basic muni that gets tons of play. Lots of hardpan especially around the greens and most of the course is a very tight lie dead center of fairway.

It is a fun course but conditions at this time of the year should be stellar not like its August. Generally I was disappointed after reading the hype and 4.5 start ratings.

"Classic Donald Ross layout for a great price"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2017

This course is classic Donald Ross. Small, turtle back greens and the ability to walk off one green and right on to the next tee. An extremely fun layout with difficult holes, but not over punishing to the average amateur. Like most Ross designs, the challenge is around the green. Don't be afraid to putt from 15 yds off the green.

The course itself could use a little work. The greens roll great, but the fairways and rough are a little bare in a few spots. Combine the condition, layout, and price, I could play this course everyday.

"Solid Track"

DSGlfr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2017

Dunedin is by and large a solid course. It's a classic Donald Ross design with Ross' signature elevated greens. The smart way to play the course is to avoid being long or above the whole as all greens would seem to have a back to front pitch with some more severe than others. Perhaps most notably in terms its slope severity is number 11. If you are above the hole on this par 3 expect to have at least a 10ft come backer as you first putt if it doesn't hit the whole. The opening stretch of holes 1-4 is probably the best stretch of holes on the course and great and challenging beginning to your round. If you get past these four with you score and wits intact you are positioning yourself for a good round. Number 1 is a long par 4 measuring 424 yards with a slight dogleg left. Watch out for trees left and OB right. The 2nd is another long par 4 dogleg left,, this one stretching out to 460 yards! Not surprisingly the longest par 4 on the course. I assume in Ross' original design this would have been a par 5 as the course par now is 71. As for the 2nd a large tree down the left with force all but the longest of hitters to aim their tee ball centre right rather than take on the dogleg and risk getting knocked down. The 3rd is an excellent long par 3 with bunkers surrounding the green a sloped green back to front. The 4th is another long par 4 but this time a dog left right. There is a lateral hazard up the left side and trees up the right. One hole I am not a fan of is the par 5 15th. A massive river bisects the hole from the blue tee tucked away to the left it is a awkward angle. The hole seems out of character with the design

All toll good layout and fun to play. I have played the course 3 times over my last two trips to Florida and always enjoyed it. If you are in the area it's a course worth teeing it up at.

"a hidden gem"

johnson1242's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

this course really gave the country club feel. the greens were some of the best in central west coast. the fairways were lush, only one bad tee box.great ball washers. no gps on carts though. if you want to play one of the best courses ( besides innisbrook) in this area , don't miss this one. the staff was professional and cordial. the pro shop is in the cart barn building. the club house, bar and restaurant were appropriate for a course of this stature. can't wait to play it again

"very nice course"

joemm's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Had a good time playing this course, the greens took a little getting use to but very nice fast and hard to hold sometimes but good

"Classic Donald Ross"

ss51's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

One of my golf hobbies is playing Donald Ross courses, and I have played 25. Dunedin is a classic Ross course in very good condition and also a course with great golf history. I thoroughly enjoyed the course.

"dunedin hidde pearl"

fenceman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2016
Previously played Walked Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This course is the best layout in Pinellas coiunty, excluding maybe innisbrook. the greens had been punched a few weeks before but were still in great shape and fast. Fairways were good. As a visitor here from Georgia, I elected to walk with a starting tee time of 12:30- way too late and too hot, so I only played 9 holes. Staff is always friendly

"Exciting long course"

r02petur's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This course is in very good shape, and is long and challenging. The design is fair, both for beginners and intermediate golfers.. We have had a great time here this week, played the course four times, and the score has been almost exactly the same through four rounds.. We have already started planning our next trip to Dunedin golf club.

"Excellent"

6105er's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2016

If you like hard and fast courses that are challenging you'll love this course.

"Donald Ross Classic"

jbaje's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I love playing Donald Ross designed courses. I find them so very well designed with no hidden hazards or bunkers. Dunedin Golf Club does not disappoint.

The traditional raised greens are standard here. Most approach shots call for an extra club because of the raised greens. In classic Ross style, there aren't a ton of forced carries. Everything is straight forward. The doglegs present themselves directly before you. No guess work on which way the holes play.

The greens were in fabulous shape. There were no bare spots at all. The volume of grass on the greens was impressive. The greens rolled very true and they rolled fast! Whenever possible, stay below the pin. The grain on these greens is strong. Putting uphill is much better than putting downhill with the grain. Downhill puts are very speedy!

The fairways on the front 9 were in very good shape. I only noticed one spot on a front nine fairway that needed attention. The same can't be said on the back nine. The fairways need some serious work. The 10th fairway was horrible. Other fairways on the back were better, but a couple need help.

The course overall was fun to play. Ross designs his courses to make the players hit shots. Hit a decent tee ball and you can expect to be rewarded with a good view of the green. Hit a tee ball offline, and you can expect to probably be hitting a recovery shot.

There was no bag staff when I arrived. The golf pro told me I could load my bag on any cart. He also directed me to the starter. The starter, Joe or John, barely looked up from his post. I was playing as a single. He told me I could catch a couple ahead of me and play along if I wanted. He never made any effort to go out to the couple and notify them. He checked my ticket and then he headed into the restaurant. Off I went. I didn't bother the couple ahead of me. I just played my 18 by myself. The couple moved along, but being a single, I had plenty of time to check out the conditions of the tees, fairways, and greens.

The restaurant staff was excellent. The bartender kept my soda filled and took my food order quickly. My chicken wrap was very good. I highly recommend the restaurant for a post round bite to eat and a drink!

I bring 7 friends down to the Tampa area for a weeklong golf outing every fall. While I'd like to bring them to Dunedin Golf Club, the condition of the back nine fairways would disappoint my friends; I hope they get those fairways back in prime shape. Then Dunedin Golf Club would be on our "Must Play List."

"Watch oout for the greens"

Golfer1stTenor's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

If you can hit the green in regulation then that will not mean you made par. Greens are tricky and break is not always what you think.

"Spring break"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2016

I was pleasantly surprised by this course. A traditional Donald Ross design with lots of history. Very fair but challenging enou. Greens were in good shape, fairways were good given it is still early in the season. We played in under 4 hours. Very enjoyable and relatively affordable.

"great golf coarse very fast greens"

5225's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

greens are very fast, stay below the hole, most greens are elevated so add a club

"GOOD TIMES"

donaghyb's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

A GOOD GOLF CHALLENGE YOU USE ALL YOUR SHOTS WITH CAREFULL ATTENTION ON THE GREENS.