Style Links
White 71 6090 meters
Green 71 5737 meters
Red (W) 71 5152 meters
Scorecard for Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links
Blue M: 74.0/119 342 341 198 539 431 520 412 374 156 3313 342 150 419 507 327 402 383 193 408 3131 6444
White M: 72.0/117 335 329 172 512 409 462 405 342 145 3111 329 135 406 467 312 364 360 171 365 2909 6020
Green M: 71.0/115 320 305 150 491 396 437 384 323 126 2932 316 126 360 443 287 352 334 156 361 2735 5667
Red W: 73.0/111 312 273 121 416 350 387 364 276 120 2619 299 112 307 413 252 324 276 150 330 2463 5082

Year Built 1995

Caddies Yes

Irish Gem

Had a beautiful golf trip to Scotland and Ireland. This was my last course, played Ailsa at Turnberry and the Old Course at St. Andrews and others.

I really enjoyed playing this course. It was in excellent shape and beautiful early on a Sunday morning. Was paired with a local member, Donal. Hired a caddy, which I highly recommend. Ryan was terrific! We went out early ahead of the member tournament. Donal was an awesome pairing for me and made for a very enjoyable round. I enjoyed playing this course as much as any of the others on the trip.

The course is a typical links course. Greens were the best of any of the courses I played on the trip. Rumors were that the Irish Open may be at this course in the coming years, which I think it is worthy.

The course is 20 minutes from Dublin City Centre, so very accessible. I recommend adding this to your list of courses if you are in the area. The Portmarnock Golf Club (next door) may be more historical and the Island may be more challenging, but you should not pass up playing here. It is well worth a round of relaxed, enjoyable golf.

An overlooked gem

Our group of 12 golfers played here to fill in the start of our trip. We started in Dublin to play the Portmarnock championship course and included this before we went north. What a pleasant surprise. Langer's revamp of the Jamisen private course was well worth playing. The course was not as well maintained as the other courses we played, but it more than adequate for our group. Like we discovered during our trip at other licks courses, the corse's teeth show when you move towards the sea and into the duns. The demands on shot accuracy were considerable but fair. This was a tough opening for us but a perfect fit adjacent to the Portmarnock hotel.

Superb modern links

Built on land owned by jameson family(yes, of whiskey fame), terrific links, in an area with a fantastic selection of links. Including in no particular order, royal dublin, st.annes, portmarnock (old), the island, corballis. Not far away, baltray, the european, all are links courses. 45,000 estimated courses worldwide, only 186 are links. Ireland has the 2nd highest number of links courses after Scotland. Well worth a visit

Great Links Course

Very nice links course and facilities. Had a nice chat with the starter was paired up to a 4 ball. Was a very interesting and nice flight. Course in great condition. Even I started at 12:15 we played the last holest in dark as there was a very slow pace of play.

Poor weather

Beautiful Course

My first time playing this course but didn't get past the 7th due to extremely wet and windy weather, The course is in beautiful condition, Cant wait to get back there.

Great Links Course

Great quality links course, lots of traps for the unwary, luckily I played with gentleman that had played course previous day and he pointed out a few things that you cannot see from the tee box which helped. Just loved it.

I played this course with 3 friends on the 30th August. We teed off at 11.30am and there was no hold up ahead of us so we were not waiting around at all. The day was calm and perfect for golf. The course is maintained perfectly and there are some quirky links holes. its important to keep your driving straight as the rough is unplayable in places and its very easy to lose your ball. I would highly recommend this course and I found it to be great value for money. Perfect for golfers of all handicaps.

I'd do it again

The lady who checked us in was very friendly and helped us out even though we were a bit late. The starter invited us in to his shelter and use his heater out of the rain, very friendly. The course made me glad i brought my own balls, but was beautiful. Lost a few and found a few. You have to be confident in your aim.

For me, fairways are a tough thing no matter how wide they are. I stuck with a few of my mid and low irons off the tee for more control.

I'd do it again, but I'd bring my own lunch. I had to end up buying a few nutragrain bars. That's all they had.

Test your skills

This course will test your skills. Must put ball in the fairway or first cut of rough to score here. Fantastic bunkering and very fast greens await your approach shots. Loved this course and I will be back.

The links

Can't beat a links and this is one of the best. Played here often always enjoy.

Great Links Course to end my golfing vacation

I played Portmarnock Links by default. I couldn't get a tee time at Portmarnock Golf Course, the other one. I saved money and my golfing experience was great. Played as a single and enjoyed the course. A very challenging course, so bring extra balls. The weather was great!

Slow Play

Course and bunkers in excellent condition but we started late as a society was running late and they were painfully slow. Took over 5 hours to complete which is unacceptable.

Poor weather

A enjoyable game of golf

In Poor weather conditions myself and my Golf buddie had a very enjoyable game of golf. Course was in good condition. First time to play the course would return again.

Good links course

Excellent course and perfect for winter golf , great value for money and no muck and mud

Great course, way too slow on a Tuesday

Competition for single figure golfers every Tuesday playing off the blues"..........went out after them. Painfully slow, on what is one of the best golf courses in the country.

Terrific links experience

Staff friendly n helpful. Course is very good links experience. Vistas of Irish Sea terrific. Highly recommended.

Very Good experience

This was my firsdt round in Ireland and I was more than pleased. Course was in good shape and the staff very nice. Very good value for the cost.

Good course with some great views along the Dublin coast

We found this a challenging course and a good education in links golf. Bad shots could be badly punished and good shots could take bad bounces!!

We'll be back again.

Classic Irish Links

The Links course at Portmarnock was great. Classic links setup with wind effecting every shot. Regret was scheduling tee time right after red eye cross Atlantic flight. Sunny conditions and about 25mph winds. Would be almost unplayable if it were raining and wind was any higher. Reasonable price as well. Don't expect a cart tho. Normal for Irish courses.

value for money

at last minute rate of 28 euro this course was fantastic value.
Will def use this website again

Portmarnock, County Dublin
Portmarnock, County Dublin
Dublin, County Dublin
Howth, County Dublin

Valid dates: Jun 01, 2019 - May 24, 2019
Stay 4 nights at the Courtyard by Marriot and play 5 rounds of golf for just $554 per person.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Columbia, SC!
Dare to Compare! Summer golf special in Aiken, SC