Boca Royale Golf and Country Club

Year Built 1966
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Champion Ultradwarf Grass

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No denim or short shorts

Restaurant

Clubhouse

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

Very good place to play!

Friendly club! Nice course that drains very well. Great staff except forgot the grumpy guy in the pro shop. He’s mean to customers. Fun wildlife.

I have played here a few times but was 3-4 years ago. I was happily surprised it was in better shape than I remember. A few of the courses in the area have gone down hill in my opinion but this course was in great shape especially for this time of year.

Great Play for the $

First time playing this course.
Staff(bag guy) and starter (Larry) were outstanding.
We are not members and were treated very well contrary to prior reviews.
Larry ( starter) offered us to tee off early and actually escorted us to #10 tee as we were unfamilar with facility.
Polite professional staff!!
Course was tight, challenging and in great shape!!!!
Pace of play was very good
Will be back...
Chicago and Connecticut give this course and staff a top shelf rating. Great course for $40 bucks .

Had a bunch of fun playing with good pace had a blast will be back

First time at Boca

Everything went without a hitch.
It would have been better had we known the course ahead if time (surprise! Water hazard guarded the green, didn't see it till we turned the corner).

Even though it had rained the day before the course was in great condition. The greens (as described) are small and fast.

Would definitely come back, especially at that price.

Schepers

Staff was very friendly and assisting. Yardage and pin placement were good.

Extremely fun morning!

Played Boca Royale early this morning. The course was in great shape, the greens held and ran true, and the sand was wet and firm. There were greens keeping staff actively at work on many holes. They politely stopped machinery as I played through and one even clapped after a rare, pin seeking approach shot.
This is a shorter, tight layout with smallish, undulating greens. I played the Platinum tees at 5720, but it can be stretched to 6357 at the tips. Water on some holes is strategically placed as are a few large gators that traversed two fairways during my round. Wayward approaches often find bunkers that can be a challenge.
Folks were nice, check in was easy, carts were clean and sanitized. Looking forward to my next visit!

Great day with Friends

Went to Boca Royal as I haven't played there in a year or so. I had a great lunch at the restaurant as the staff was very friendly. It was a hot day and the greens are in great shape and the fairways very clean. This course has small greens and are challenging. Front of the house staff was great.

Staff not friendly

The staff isnt friendly at all. Seems like the owner really doesn't care much too. I booked a round golf through GolfNow, I quit golfing after the.6th hole because I started to fillI'll. I haven't been golfing much due to a very difficult operation which kept me in bed for 4 years. I went in to ask for a rain ck for 9 holes. Scott really didnt want to give me any credit because I went thru GolfNow. Well he said how about after 1 , then noon, I told him to keep it. The owner reaches out wants to check in regarding this incident, never heard from him. It's not hard to run a business. but first he must learn all business have 2 clients. They are internal and external from what I heard the internal client are treated nicely. Maybe that's why the employees like to think their better than the external clients.

Staff not friendly

I wrote big review on 5/28/20,on how Scott treated me like a 3ed rate citizen. I became very I'll while playing, which I didnt finish the 1st 9 holes. Since I went through GolfNow, Scott didn't want to give me a rain check, but he decided to give me one for after 1, than went to noon. I only golf in rearly mornings, so I told him to keep it. With any other course I would of recieved a rain check for anytime. I been in bed for 4.years due to a poor surgery, so I have to work my back into shape of playing golf. I believe in tipping but most of their staff doesnt appreciate the money. I make people feel like their doing us a favor of golfing there. Go to Jacaranda Golf Course , they make you feel at home and appreciate the $5 tip.

Jacaranda friendly staff and not nearly as rude

AFTER GOLFING TODAY 5/28/20 AT 730AM, ITS DIDN’T TAKE LONG TO SEE THAT THEIR STAFF IS RUDE AND NOT VERY INVITING TO COMER AGAIN. I BEEN IN BED FOR 4 YRS DUE TO A VERY BAD BACK OPERATION. LAST AUGUST I FINIALLY HAD A PAIN PUMP INSTALLED IN MY BODY. SO, WHEN I GO GOLFING, I HAVE TO TAKE ROUGHLY 9 TO 10 MEDS JUST TO PLAY. I WOKE UP NOT FEELING WELL, BUT I DECIDED TO PLAY BECAUSE I DON’T BELEIEVE ITS RIGHT TO CANCEL THE LAST MINUTE. AGTER PLAYING A FEW HOLES I JUST COULDN’T CONTINUE. I WENT IN AND ASKED SCOTT FOR A 9HOLE RAIN CK. IT WAS LIKE PULLING TEETH, well you went through GOLFNOW, OK AFTER 1PM AND THEN AFTER 12PM. I ALWAYS PLAY IN THE MORNING. I WANT MY GOLF GAME TO BE RESPECTFUL BEFORE I MEET ANYONE TO GOLF WITH. Even that will be hard meeting people living in Venice. If I asked for a rain ck from any other courses it never been a problem even if it’s through GOLFNOW. When I get back into shape and able to golf, Ill end up spending thousands of $ buying clothing. UNFORTUNATELY, I PUT ON WEIGHT OVER THES LAST FEW YEARS IN BED. John slightly mention that he gets complaints about how rude the staff is. This isn’t a hard problem to fix, but the owner doesn’t seem to care about his staff or how they treat people. SO PEOPLE GO TO JACARANDA GC, WHERE THE STAFF APPRECIATE THE TIPS AND YOUR COMPANY.

go to a different course

hot

Played at 11, hoping to beat some of the heat, but the humidity was brutal. Course was in nice shape, haven't played it in a few years it was a nice change of pace, can't hit driver every hole, I would play it again.

nice course

course was in good condition. Would play it again.

Great day

The greens were just aerated and should be perfect in a couple weeks. Recent rain has helped conditions. Other than bumpy greens, everything was perfect. Staff, people I was paired up with, conditions, pace. Mid-day tee time so it was warm but breeze, shade trees, and drink cart helped. Shot my personal best.

Summer golf

I arrived, was met with a cart and loaded promptly, went to the pro shop, was checked in swiftly, then out to the starter, where we were allowed to tee off early. The course was challenging, with plenty of well placed bunkers, water, and trees to avoid on the way to the greens. The greens rolled true, around medium speed. The fairways were cut short and were dried out in certain areas, although not enough to impact the round. We played swiftly and were able to complete the round in 3 1/2 hours. Al in all, a pleasant day.

Course is in pretty good condition recommend playing.Pace of play was really good today. Greens are good however fairways are drying out a little. There’s is still no drinking water however they have a cart girl riding around for beverages.

Valid dates: Sep 01, 2020 - Feb 28, 2021