Style Links

The course at Ranches Golf Club has a Western theme, as does the entire club. The course's linksland feel is due to the native prairie landscape that it plays through. Located just south of Salt Lake City in the valley between Lehi and Eagle Mountain, the course offers beautiful views from every point on the course in nearly every direction. The golf course is quite spacious stretching out over 220 acres of land. There are four sets of tee boxes to accommodate different skill levels. Ranches Golf Club also has impressive practice facilities including a natural grass driving range and a large practice putting green.

The Ranches Golf Club
Silver 72 5998 yards 67.5 115
Silver (W) 72 5998 yards 72.8 126
Copper (W) 72 5287 yards 68.7 121
Scorecard for The Ranches
Black M: 73.3/126 532 434 364 435 237 393 505 194 378 3472 438 627 238 529 402 444 209 439 292 3618 7090
Gold M: 70.6/121 492 384 339 410 222 378 454 180 346 3205 390 571 183 510 369 408 186 416 284 3317 6522
Silver M: 67.5/115 W: 72.8/126 464 363 322 349 186 359 432 156 286 2917 370 543 157 482 346 374 158 388 263 3081 5998
Copper W: 68.7/121 454 238 296 303 114 326 408 133 232 2504 344 489 133 426 327 349 133 330 252 2783 5287

Year Built 2003
Fairways Bluegrass, Rye Grass
Golf Season April - November
Architect Ron Garl (2003)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Basic golf attire preferred. Will accept nice jeans, tee shirts, and hemmed shorts.

Great course w/challenges

This is our second time playing this course and it's a great course to play. You have houses all around you so that is your first challenge, not to hit a house. It gives you more challenging holes to get to the greens which is great because it add more thinking to your own game.. speed of play was good, we played 18 holes just under 4 hours and we were backed up a little bit on the back 9.

Texas Advisor

Hidden Gem of Utah County

We played on a hot, windy afternoon day from the Black tees at 7,035 yards. Slope is 73.1/133.

While the course was built to sell a residential development in an outlying area, the routing is good, using available elevation changes, man-made mounding, and wide fairways. The downside - the course is 100% through a tightly packed residential area. If you can tune out the noises and distractions for this family-dominated layout, then you are fine. The wind was blowing hard when we played. A benefit going with it, dastardly hard going against it. Greens are in good shape and are mostly benign. The first hole is a par 5 downhill and the 18th hole is a short par 4 going uphill into the wind. The slope on 18 is steep. It reminds of the 2nd hole at Dark Horse Golf Club in Auburn, CA. Straight uphill, into wind, use your longest club.

The course bills itself as the "Hidden Gem of Utah County". It very well may be. We walked on without a wait and the value is good.

First time golfing here

First time golfing here and it’s been the first time I’ve golfed in two years It was very great Course. I would definitely playing and over and over and over

Disappointed

While the golf office staff was nice and very helpful, my round at The Ranches was a dud. The staff altered me that the greens keeping staff would be topping the greens on the day I played, but that wasn't the issue. I played the front 9 quickly (they let me out as a single), I had to wait 45 minutes for the back 9 to open before proceeding. On my way to the 10th tee to do my waiting, the head superintendent back at me the the back was closed. I said I knew and that I would wait. 45 minutes later I was able to tee off on 10. By the time I reached the 16th tee, I saw there was a worker down on the green (it's a Par 3) just finishing up his work on the greens. Now, this worker saw me on the tee waiting, then proceeded to turn on the green sprinklers keeping me from playing that hole. Same on 18. Sprinklers on and no consideration for the guests paying to play The Ranches. Sad. It could have all been handled with a simple wave up on 16 before he set off the sprinklers.

Fun track!

This is a nice golf course. A lot of variety in the layout. The par three‘s are challenging. Nice elevation changes. And Staff is very friendly. I think it’s a great value, and I will definitely play Here again.

Great Round

People were super nice, both working there and the folks I was paired with. Course knowledge is needed, and your card has pictures of the holes on the back. It wil be your friend if you check it out before you tee off.

bvd

Great shape for winter round

Despite the cold , winter weather, the course is good to play; the staff has always been very friendly and accommodating; I played there both days this weekend.

Great course, great staff

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating upon our arrival, allowing us to go out early due to weather conditions which turned out to be fantastic; there were few players out due to the weather conditions, so the pace of play was excellent! It is a course I would recommend to every level of player.

A good choice

The course was in great condition challenging yes but enjoyable and not impossible make the shots then you will make the score enjoy

Deceivingly Tight

If you can keep your shots out of the VERY DEEP grass that isn't far from the fairway, this is a fun course. Some of the greens and fairways are a little rough in spots, but overall, the course is very playable, and the layout is straightforward. And for right around $50 on the weekend mornings, it's a fair value. Staff is always very friendly as well. The practice areas are adequate.

Challenging course that I want to conquer

The Ranches is a challenging course in various ways. It is not necessarily long, but the rough is tough to play out of, and the layout of several holes challenges each golfer to make strategic shots. This is a course I would like to be able to conquer!

Tough course for average player

The course is tough for the average player like me, and it becomes more difficult with wind.

Could be great

Keep in my this review is based on a round played in mid-April, so it's still somewhat early in the season. The front 9 was in rough shape, and there was a lot of garbage all over due to the nearby construction going on all over the place. I don't understand why the course employees don't do a better job keeping the course clear from garbage. It was somewhat disappointing. The back 9 was much better! In good shape, well maintained, no garbage/graffiti that I could see. I only paid $20 to play 18 with a cart so I can't complain too much. Overall the course has a fun layout but def needs some TLC.

Challenging course

I have always enjoyed this course in general but it seems like the class of players on this course are less than desirable (not repairing divots in the fairways (sand, etc and far to many unrepaired ball marks on the greens). Otherwise the course the pace of play Ect are all awesome and the course itself is quite challenging.

Third times a charm.....or not

After trying this course twice in the past, I thought that maybe the third trip there would be the good one. I showed up to the course 40 minutes early to hit a bucket and warm up. The driving range did not have grass where you were supposed to hit from. It was as if everyone was hitting from a fairway bunker. When we finally did get sent out (15 minutes after our tee time) we sat on the first tee for 20 minutes. The pace of play was horrendous at best and not a single Marshall was seen all day. The course itself is decent and the greens roll smooth and fast. I would just recommend avoiding this place unless you need to kill 7 hours.

Fun layout

The course is a little out-of-the-way. The layout is good and the greens were in good shape. They could do a little nicer job on keeping the Sand traps raked. The one suggestion that I would make is that they replace the number nine hole green. Over all it was a great value

Tough

Wow
Exhausting
Difficult if you don't club down and keep it on the short grass
Strange layout can be guesswork if you haven't played these doglegs and hidden greens.
Nice condition.
Buy the ranch pass it's a great deal

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!