Staff Friendliness

Ravenwood Golf Club is situated in the Finger Lakes region in western New York. It's one of the most popular public championship courses in the Rochester region. Robin Nelson designed the course in 2002. He utilized the gently undulating landscape to seamlessly connect the holes to one another so that the whole golf course has a natural flow. The front nine is gentler than the back, where the par 3s present formidable tests. The water hazards on the back are particularly challenging. The golf course finishes with one of its most memorable holes. Ravenwood's par-5 18th has a green that's tucked into the woods with the hill behind it forming a natural amphitheater. A challenging array of seven strategically placed bunkers guards the green and approach area.
Ravenwood Golf Club
Burgundy 72 7051 yards 74.5 140
Silver 72 5534 yards 66.9 118
Scorecard for Ravenwood Golf Club
Burgundy M: 74.7/144 458 316 420 214 447 523 331 162 570 3441 434 419 597 447 169 450 345 210 571 3642 7083
Black M: 71.8/137 430 310 396 190 422 500 315 139 538 3240 415 377 571 424 144 427 320 182 542 3402 6642
Blue M: 69.3/126 W: 76.1/141 377 296 389 182 412 474 292 130 500 3052 383 330 545 402 138 374 300 176 490 3138 6190
Silver M: 66.9/120 W: 72.4/135 303 274 362 158 372 469 256 117 455 2766 361 276 524 361 121 352 262 162 450 2869 5635
Gold W: 68.9/122 269 239 286 133 323 400 230 90 416 2386 329 220 492 331 74 305 225 123 421 2520 4906

Year Built 2002
Greens Bent
Golf Season April - November

Practice Hole Yes

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared or mock golf shirts are required for males and proper golf attire for women. No jeans, cut-off shorts, or tank tops, etc. Juniors are expected to abide by the same dress code.

Off-course amenities Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Ravenwood Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review! We hope to have you back soon.

Good round on a hot day

Played Ravenwood for the third time this year. I treated my friend to his 50th birthday round. We had a good time and were paired up with an ex-Army man who played pretty well so it was a pleasure to meet him. The course was in great shape and the only reason I didn't put 5 stars on the conditions were 2-3 greens that were recovering from mold or some other condition, however, all of the rest were in great shape. The spots did cause some bumpy putting. The course is challenging especially when you get into the tall rough, so you have to keep an eye on where the ball went in to make sure you have a good spot to start searching. We only lost one ball to that and were able to play out of the tall stuff, so it's not impossible but adds to the challenge. Hitting the fairway is key and they are in great shape (just need some folks to replace their divots which we did as well as repair ball marks that people walk over). Try the course, you will enjoy it.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Ravenwood Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Thank you so much for leaving us with some feedback, and thank you for the 5 stars! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time on the course. We hope to have you back!
Off-course amenities Good
Course Layout Good
Response from Ravenwood Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for the 5 stars! We hope to see you soon!

Go ahead you'll enjoy yourself.................

First off I got paired up with three great guys, thank you Pete, Gene and Chris!!! I needed a shovel & pail for as much as I was in the sand but that being said the sand was great to play out of and this course mixes in a nice variety of position golf play with open shot making type holes. I really enjoyed the options I had to play holes a little differently then the standard driver / iron type scenario. Fairways were pristine and green and the rough was what the rough should be.....rough. My only complaint and it wasn't a show stopper.....I like greens to be a little faster, these were on the border of being almost a bit shaggy. Could have been protecting them a bit from our recent heat wave but they were a bit slow. I'm a 13 / 14 cap wise and I shot 88 and enjoyed the round immensely.
Course Layout Good
Response from Ravenwood Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review, and for the 4 stars! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round with us. We are looking forward to having you back!
First time on this course. Incredibly fun, challenging, and wide enough to be forgiving. Good thing because there are lots of sand traps. Ron the starter is great and held up a four-some from teeing off and rushed my two-some to tee in front of them-saving us at least an hour! Thanks kindly! I'll be back.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Ravenwood Golf Club on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for leaving us with a review, and thank you for the 5 stars! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your round with us and we hope to have you back soon.

lovely conditions

played this course every year since it opened. never has it looked so good
Off-course amenities Average
Course Layout Good
Response from Ravenwood Golf Club on 08/03/2018:
We appreciate your feedback and the 5 stars! We are looking forward to having you back.
Great course and challenging from the tips! I’ll be back to have another go at it!

Good Experience

This is a nice course that is well kept and works to create a nice golfing experience. There were several groups that let us through that made the pace of play good - if they had not it would have been very slow. A course marshal for these groups of inexperienced golfers would be a positive adjustment for the course.
Pace of Play Good

Lots of sand

Seems open but most greens protected by traps as well as fairways. bunkers to snare your drives.
Off-course amenities Average
Course Layout Good
Challenging with many bunkers. Well maintained. One of the best courses in Rochester area.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019