Willow Creek Golf & Country Club

Willow Creek Golf & Country Club in Mount Sinai sits on Suffolk's scenic north shore. Opened in 2005, it is one of Long Island's newest golf courses but it has already established a reputation for being one of the area's most visually impressive. What makes the course stand out is the abundance of both sand and water. The number of bunkers on the golf course comes close to the triple digits and water appears on 12 holes. The lightning fast, wildly undulating greens are a challenging complement to the hazards. The layout presents a formidable test for even the best players. One of Hamlet Willow Creek's most difficult holes is the monstrous ninth, which features water on both sides of the seemingly endless fairway. With so much water, golfers almost forget about the three large bunkers that are also treacherously lurking on this hole.
Willow Creek Golf & Country Club
Scorecard for Hamlet Willow Creek Golf Club
Black M: 72.9/134 337 142 358 207 496 423 324 402 570 3259 377 208 411 581 201 545 174 430 425 3352 6611
Blue M: 71.5/131 W: 76.8/139 324 130 347 197 472 414 302 377 555 3118 367 192 400 563 180 526 150 415 400 3193 6311
White M: 68.9/129 W: 73.3/128 310 116 330 171 452 385 285 350 518 2917 335 160 360 523 150 505 127 353 380 2893 5810
Red W: 68.7/118 278 107 285 156 402 272 249 313 462 2524 279 132 302 454 134 436 107 322 323 2489 5013

Year Built 2005
Architect Stephen Kay (2005)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 10/17/2018:
Outstanding! Come back soon!

Had to leave half way through , got too backed up and people were playing at a slow pace. Would love a refund or a free pass

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 10/05/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course but we apologize for the pace of play. Our staff does their best to keep everyone moving at a good pace and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you will give us another try in the future!

Nice Course Overall

The greens were in poor shape lots of spike marks. Don’t play after heavy rain the course was like a sponge. Pace of play was poor. Overall very nice course though, great holes and layout. Challenging. Nice driving range. They need to do something about the greens I don’t see this on many other courses.

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 10/01/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your feedback on our greens and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Great day and great playing golf!!

It was a good time to play this beautiful course. Only one thing was so bad feeling I recognized that head of us group played so so slow. Two adults and two kids played golf front of us. They were so slow and they did not much care about even next hole was empty. Every single hole, we got to wait at least 10 minuets to hit a ball.

I hope that some rangers have to control those slow players. They should make some fast player to go through. Anyhow, except that I had a good time playing this golf course.

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 09/25/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We apologize that the pace of play was slow and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Slow

3.5 hours to play 9 holes. Course blamed it on the tournament they had in the morning.

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 09/25/2018:
Thank you for your review! We apologize that the pace of play was slow and we appreciate your feedback. Our staff does their best to keep everyone moving at a good speed and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

Great course, challanging.

Course was in great shape except for the greens, which were torn up by morons who drag their feet. Other than that great place to play, esp. With golf now hotdeals

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 09/04/2018:
Great! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and we appreciate your review. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Great Course, but no cart girls

Great course to play. Its very scenic, the grounds are nice, and it's a bit challenging. My biggest complaint is that there is very often no cart girl on the course. If I am paying all that money to play golf, on a Saturday, there should be someone selling drinks on the course. Prices to play are a bit steep also.

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Kinda disappointed

This courses is usualy always in really good shape, except this time the tee boxes were beat up and nobody fixes their ball marks on the green. Looks like there was tap dancing done with metal spikes on the most of the greens. PICK UP your feet people. There was a group playing music in their cart, which was pretty annoying. I gave it a 5 for value for the $$$, only cause I teed off at 2 o'clock in the afternoon with high humidity. I would have been highly disappointed... if I paid the full rate and had the same conditions. Guess I'll have to stick to the early morning rounds.

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 08/07/2018:
Thank you for your review! We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another try soon!

Top notch layout and private course feel

This course has a very good collection of golf holes. The strategic options make you think about your shots on most holes. There are lots of large scale bunkers. The course has quite a few hidden hazards and visual tricks that you don't always see the first time you play. The fairways are generally wide and the greens are large but many have different sections divided by slopes and mounds. The holes themselves are not hard to walk but quite a few times there were long green to tee distances.

The holes and greens are often framed and the course uses mounding well to protect the greens. Many holes have water either in play or near the hole, but you have options to play away from it. Conditioning was very good as was the variety of hole types- long, short, straight, twisting, etc. A very enjoyable and high quality course.

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 08/07/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also pleased that our conditions met your expectations and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Great course but I feel like I got ripped off by golf now. I paid $52 each as a hot deal and booked it the day before while the other twosome we played with booked also on your site day of at $26 each

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 08/03/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your review. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round at Willow Creek!

A FABULOUS COURSE!

I HAVE PLAYED WILLOW CREEK MANY TIMES SINCE IT FIRST OPENED AND IT IT A FABULOUS COURSE, BEAUTIFUL, MANICURED, ALWAYS A GREAT PLEASURE TO PLAY IT!

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 08/03/2018:
Terrific! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed our layout. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Always a pleasure

Big fan of this course and is one of my favorite on long island. Went out late sunday afternoon and by the time we made the turn we were waiting every shot, multiple groups backed up. A ranger came out and got to the bottom of the issue (a guy teaching his gf about 3 groups up) and remedied the situation,, Staff is excellent and very friendly. Will definitely be back

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 07/30/2018:
Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that the pace of play was slow. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you and that we were able to help rectify the pace issue. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Willow Creek!
Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 07/30/2018:
Outstanding! Come back soon!

Public like Private!

My first time this year back to Willow, and well worth it, apparently doesn't get a lot of play on Sunday afternoons as we practically had it to ourselves, which explains that the 19th hole and the stand at the turn were both closed , but that is the only complaint here and understandable considering the light play. Fairways and rough in good shape, greens rolled quick for a public, and as always not enough ball marks fixed, but for the price on a pubic course, a pleasure, that I will be returning to during the rest of the season!

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 07/17/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your round with us and that our course conditions met your expectations. We're also glad that you found us to be a good value and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Country Club feel, course is challenging. No ranger to encourage pace of play, stuck behind elderly group that wouldn't let us play thru so we skipped a hole. Nearest bathroom by car was closed after play, had to walk to the restaurant where the bathroom was 1 sink and 1 toilet. Saw refreshment cart at 3rd hole and then gone. Summary, the golf course is great , it's a shame they are little things to make the day less than great.

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 07/13/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our course but we apologize that the pace of play was slow. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon!
Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 07/06/2018:
Outstanding! Come back soon!
Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Clu on 07/06/2018:
Wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us!
Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 07/02/2018:
Excellent! Come back soon!

TERRIBLE STAFF

Prior to this round, I have played here multiple times. The round itself was a good time. Well kept course, tough greens. Overall I enjoy this course, and enjoyed this round.

HOWEVER, today (7/2/18) I just received an email saying that GolfNow is charging me $67.45 for a NO SHOW. I made a 10:40am reservation for 3 ppl. Me and 1 of my partners arrived early, went in to the pro shop and both paid cash for our round and a small range bucket each. Our 3rd showed up shortly after while we were at the range, went in and said he was with the 10:40 group, paid for his round, and met us at the range at which pt we went to the 1st tee box. Here we met the 4th player of the 10:40 tee time (a random, who I have both his name and phone number as halfway through the round he invited us to an upcoming outing he is putting together).

Seeing as we completed the round and did not require and sort of rain check, our receipts were tossed away along with the rest of the garbage in our cart by the cart boys who clean your clubs and cart.

After bring this whole scenario up to management, they offer no sort of compensation or care, unless i can produce a receipt. (which i obviously can't). If MY 3rd player didnt show, then I would just ask him to pay me the $67.45 bc I was charged. But thats not the case bc WE ALL WERE THERE AND PLAYED.

It's sad to say, bc I do really like this course, but unless they resolve this issue, I will NEVER be returning to this course, or their sister course, Wind Watch.

Make sure to keep your receipts, or make sure you pay with card to not have this issue.

Good luck.

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 07/05/2018:
Thank you for your review! We apologize for the confusion regarding your round. After further investigation, we have confirmed that everyone in your group did play. We are working with GolfNow to expedite your refund. Again, we are deeply sorry for this inconvenience and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

S,L.O.W

5 and half hour rounds! Instead of having two guys at bag drop looking for tips and retiring cart wiping down clubs. How bout we send them out as rangers to pick up pace of play ,,THEY NEED RANGER

Response from Willow Creek Golf & Country Club on 06/29/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that the pace of play was slow. We appreciate your feedback and we'll use your review to help us improve moving forward. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round!
Coram, New York