Willow Creek Golf & Country Club in Mount Sinai sits on Suffolk's scenic north shore. Opened in 2005, it is one of Long Island's newest golf courses but it has already established a reputation for being one of the area's most visually impressive. What makes the course stand out is the abundance of both sand and water. The number of bunkers on the golf course comes close to the triple digits and water appears on 12 holes. The lightning fast, wildly undulating greens are a challenging complement to the hazards. The layout presents a formidable test for even the best players. One of Hamlet Willow Creek's most difficult holes is the monstrous ninth, which features water on both sides of the seemingly endless fairway. With so much water, golfers almost forget about the three large bunkers that are also treacherously lurking on this hole.

Willow Creek Golf & Country Club

Year Built 2005
Architect Stephen Kay (2005)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Tough pretty course.

I really enjoyed playing here. It is a tough course with a lot of risk reward type shots. Wish I played better. Overall the greens were a little beat up. Still recovering from aeration. Course was a little wet from maintenance I guess because we haven’t had much rain of late. Price was ok. Amenities including driving range were excellent. Will def come back soon.

Love this course

Fairways still in great condition... Greens aerated but still in really good condition. Lots of fairway bunkers need to be presice with your shots. Played this course last week with my foursome... Liked it so much took my son today and this is a 90 minute (with no traffic!) from our home. Beautiful club house all in all a great round. My son loved it.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you and your son again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Wonderful! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club!

Great course and fun to play

Picked a rainy day to play but loved the layout. Plenty bunker and water to navigate. Greens were just aerated but the $45 didn’t stop us. Would play again in a heartbeat.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 10/10/2019

Awesome! Thank you for visiting us at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/09/2019

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Beautiful Course in Excellent Condition

This is one of the most beautiful courses on Long Island and is always in great condition. Pace of play was just under 4 hours on a beautiful Saturday. There was a wedding going on. This would be a great place to hold an event.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Great layout, a terrific test of your game

Course in great shape, even after aeration, this course will test all your skills

Commented on 10/07/2019

Fantastic! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club!

Great day, good time!

We were informed that they had recently aerated the course & greens so our expectations were in check. We were pleasantly surprised at the conditions and happy to be playing it forward. The greens were a bit funky, (holy dotted checker board) but enjoyed the day and will certainly return in the near future. Great deal for some some early fall golf!

Commented on 10/07/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Super slow at the turn

Teed off a little after 1pm and played the front in an hour and a half (two golfers). Then played the back in nearly three and a half hours!?! No one monitoring pace of play, had to beg for range balls, pace of play was abysmal, and maybe check the bathrooms by the driving range because they smell really bad.

Commented on 10/01/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 09/23/2019

Excellent! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

1st review

I've never been the type of person to write a review, but this place made me change my mind.
Im a solid 5 handicap and play several times a week and always love a new challenge.
A wedding brought me up this way and I've never been more surprised than I was with Willow Creek.
This course was as perfect as I could be this late in the season. People either fix their ball marks or they dont. They fix their divots or they dont.
This place is all class and a beautiful lay out. If you're trying to find a place to come play golf and you came across this review... stop. Book it. You wont be disappointed.
Beautiful lay out, perfect greens, and one of the most scenic courses I've ever had the privilege to play.
Enjoy your day at Willow Creek. It might be the one that makes you write your first review.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Terrific! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 09/20/2019

JML@WC

Long challenging and in great shape. Some blind shots and the course plays longer than the distance show. Can't wait to play here again.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Excellent! Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 09/05/2019

My Fav!

Best value for the buck! One of the most beautiful and well maintained courses in Long Island.

Commented on 09/11/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Best of the best

I'm lucky enough to have my parents living 10 minutes away from willow creek. Play it every Saturday morning over the summers. Every hole is an interesting challenge and requires thought. Bunkers and water everywhere. Playing from the back tees takes some of the hazards out of play for the average 250 yard driver. Mint conditions. Tough but true greens. Par 5 5th is eagle-able with 2 good shots. Par 4 6th is a monster leg left with water in play right and bunkers left. 8th and 9th holes are 2 of the nicest golf holes you'll play anywhere. Par 5 15th easily toughest hole on the course with 2 water carries and an obstructed tee shot from the back. Par 3 16th is gorgeous but the green is a clown show. Relentless to the end with 420 yard par 4 up hill, covered in sand...should be 2 handicap. This place will eat you up at 6600 yards first time you play. 3rd time through you figure out where to hit it. Pace sux afternoon weekends when it's cheaper. But it's an amazing public track.

Commented on 09/06/2019

In desperate need of a Ranger to pace play

It’s a very nice, picturesque golf course ... but the pace of play is horrendous due to a few individuals who feel they can move at a snail’s pace.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Rich

Challenging course. Everything was was great! Too bad players don’t repair divots and ball marks on green.
Highly recommend Playing later in day to get good price.

Commented on 08/30/2019