Mill Pond Golf Course

Architect Buddy Johnson

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

The Mill

The course was in great shape but the greens were very bumpy. They will be nice this spring.

Commented on 11/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Mill Pond Golf Course thanks you!

Always love this course

This time was not so great, a little crowded, but is ok, didn't have to wait too long.
We came a little late, Thanks Jimmy for his kind arrangement, staff should be like him.
Green was in maintenance, wonder why golfnow not shown the sign like before !!!
Need to complain to Golfnow later.
Overall we always love this golf course.

Commented on 10/31/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4 stars. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule and keeping them in pristine condition. We will let the entire crew know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you on the first tee again at Mill Pond Golf Course.

Greens were recently dressed and were very bumpy. Otherwise course is fine shape and the staff is helpful

Commented on 10/25/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Mill Pond Golf Course!

Unprofessional

We showed up for tee time early and the man in the pro shop took our money then told us the greens were aerated and were in ok shape. They were terrible. We went out first as 2 and finished in 2 1/2 hours and we played 2 extra holes then returned cart and the rude and obnoxious bag boy told us we paid for 18 only and gave us a hard time and I told him we paid for greens that weren't aerated and he told us that's not his problem. I told golf now and the apologized and gave us some golf balls. Overall the whole staff was rude and obnoxious.

Commented on 11/01/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Mill Pond Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Great October round

Didn’t realize they just aerated the greens however with that said the rest of the course was great pace of play was fantastic.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Mill Pond Golf Course.

Something changed

I am reviewing Mill Pond again because it has changed. I have played here five times since July. I played 4 of those rounds on Wednesdays around 11 AM. Out of all of these times I have yet to play a round in under 4-1/2 hours. The course is 6300 yards long. The pace of play is unbearable. Today we left after 2-1/2 hours on hole 10. Unfortunately I believe they are flooding the course with too many people for money with no regard for the golf experience. It is a big disappointment.

Commented on 10/16/2019

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Bizarre Ranger Behavior

This course Ian beautiful and challenging.
I would never think of giving a poor review. But a circumstance with one of the rangers was bizarre to say the least.

Our grouping had two experienced players and two first year players. The Ranger pulled up near our tee box to wait for us to complete teeing off. Two of the new players hit poor tee shots. The Ranger then seemed it appropriate to approach us and instructed us to pick up pace of play. The interesting thing was the group behind us never came within 2 holes of us. His conversation should have been reserved with the group behind us or groups even further back than that. We did not impede anyone’s pace of play in the least. He just happened to see two errant tee shots and thought he would flex some muscle.

For more experienced players like two of outnumber four including myself, this can be shrugged off. But this is exactly the type of hardheaded behavior that turns off so many newcomers to golf. Don't make new players who have just started playing this season feel inadequate. Embrace those players. Our group plays fast and picks up balls that are OB or mishit. You don’t have to be a great player to be an adequately paced player. Really disappointed with this particular incident.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we will follow up with our ranger to make sure this doesn't happen again. We look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Mill Pond Golf Course thanks you!

Well laid out and well kept

From the Tee boxes to the greens. Course in great condition! Enjoyed the round

Commented on 10/10/2019

Top 5 LI Public Course

I always enjoy playing Mill Pond. I like the links layout (with few trees coming into play) and it's just about the right level of difficulty for my game.

Commented on 10/11/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Mill Pond Golf Course!

Great time had by all

Tees off 20 minutes earlier than our tee time. Played in 4 hours. A pleasantl day of golf. If it wasn’t for the windy conditions I might have played better. Course is tough but fair. All in all, a great golf course and a great day.

Commented on 09/25/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Mill Pond Golf Course.

A real gem

What a great surprise...The bag drop off guys were very friendly and quick to help out. Check in was quick and easy, another friendly staff member. We started on the exact tee time.. I loved the course and will become my new favorite,,,My only issue was a wait on almost all tee boxes, this was not due to just the people in front but whole course looked delayed.. A 5 hour round. However such a beautiful day and course I give an excellent rating

Commented on 09/11/2019

Hello, frankiejo63. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. We are glad to see you rated the customer service to be great. Thank you for playing Mill Pond Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Poor Managment

Starter was not friendly. Pace of play was terrible. Maintenance was intrusive and very loud . It felt like they stole my time and money. Not a fun golf day.

Commented on 09/20/2019

Thank you for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. We will follow up with the starter as well as find ways to improve pace of play. Thank you for playing Mill Pond Golf Course.

Poor Managment

The starter was not friendly. The course was over booked . You could see across the first several holes and it looked like the LIE at rush hour. To make matters worse there were maintenance workers everywhere. They were weed wacking in the middle of the fairway on hole 2. Blowing and weedwacking at the green of 3. Weed wacking and blowers blaring at both ends of the 4th hole. The noise did not stop. Lawn mowers after that. On the 15th my friend shanked one and hit the maintenance guy in the head. He was operating a blower on a tractor. You could not hear yourself think. Thankfully he was wearing a hard hat. We stareed on Friday at 9:20am and competed our round at 2:30 pm. I took the day off and paid for this. Terrible expierance.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will also inform our entire team to make sure they stop working when golfers are about to hit their shot. Thank you for playing Mill Pond Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Mill Pond Golf Course.

Mr P

Great track. Professional staff from proshop starters bag check guys are awesome. Hospitality cart service. Course well maintained. What more do you need to know.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Mill Pond Golf Course!

Good course

Layout is good, Scottish style love it! Long and short holes, tight fairways, water, bunker, trees in 1-2 holes, thick roughs and fescue, great test overall.

The greens are too slow! It was 8-9, would be fantastic and more satisfying if speed up around 10-11. Most bunkers are lack of sand and too many small stones it most of them, appeared to be under managed. So course condition “3”.

The ranger was rushing us unnecessarily. Duh, when we teed off, the group in front of us was 1.5 holes away, then there was a 2-some behind us (4-some with 3 playing here the first time), so we let the 2-some pass but we didn’t hold up anyone after that as the group behind was a 5-some, our second group that day. The ranger appeared twice, the second time on a par 5 in front of me on the fairway when I was about to hit my second shot 200 yds over the water... was unnerving and I missed! That’s why the “2” on staff friendliness.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Fescue

Love the course, great condition, Tee boxes chewed up a bit, doesn’t take away from this gem. Just keep your ball out of the fescue, you can watch exactly where it rolls in and it still disappears. Two thumbs up on this course.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hi there - thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Mill Pond Golf Course.

What a difference a week makes

Well I played there last Sunday and it frankly sucked , pace of play was horrible , staff was rushed and harried, it took 3:20 mins for 8 holes.

I played today and staff was very friendly, tee time were well spaced out , course was excellent, played 18 holes in 3.5 hours . It was an excellent day of golf!!!

Commented on 08/05/2019

Thank you for rating us 5-stars. We are glad to know that your most recent round was much better than the previous one. We look forward to providing you excellent service again at Mill Pond Golf Course!

Gorgeous!

Phenomenal course, challenging yet not grueling. Friendly staff, pristine conditions, lovely views. Just the right amount of challenge to the greens, not too easy yet certainly not overwhelming. Will recommend to all of my golfing friends and will absolutely return again. A real gem, check this one out! Well worth the drive (no pun intended)

Commented on 08/05/2019

Pace of play was horrible , starter was intent in trying to catch up and sent 4 groups in less than 20 mins

There were two groups ahead of us that were at least 2 holes behind , ranger sat in the shade and did nothing even after being told how slow they were . God why do horrible players play from the tips and can’t hit a straight ball . That is bad enough when the ranger sits there and let’s then get away with it . After 8 holes I told ranger this was BS and left which was $80 for 8 horrible holes will not play there again

Commented on 07/31/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will follow up with our ranger to make sure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for playing Mill Pond Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Medford, New York
Coram, New York
3.1964352941
Mount Sinai, New York
Holbrook, New York

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.