The Woods at Cherry Creek Golf Course

Year Built 2002
Fairways Blue grass
Greens Blue grass
Architect Young & Young

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New York (2016 #20)

Plays Long 8
Playing Multiple Courses 7

Narrow course

I think this course is a pretty layout and definitely a good challenge for anyone who loves golf!

The course plays long

The course is in great shape except for the leaves

Commented on 11/21/2019

Hi John6397574. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Cherry Creek - The Woods Course!

Always play the links first time at the woods. Coolest pro shop guy around. Course was in great shape no leaves in the fairway as well. Nice layout - some challenging holes. Def will come back. Nice 36 holes that have at cherry creek.

Commented on 11/15/2019

Hi alexelijah2181. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cherry Creek - The Woods Course.

Monday Golf at the WOODS

Fall weather day and playing golf at the woods. To many leaves ALL over the course. It seems they take better care of the LINKS course then the woods. Hard to find ball in middle of fairway with all the leaves.. Greens still very good shape. .

Commented on 11/15/2019

Hi HasenohrP. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Cherry Creek - The Woods Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

In great shape

Played the Woods many times and I really like the challenge and layout. Being offline is punishing as second shots tend to hit branches and recovering can be difficult. The course is in great condition and greens were beautiful. The staff is so nice. Last time I left my P on course and I got a call 4 days later and got it back! The only downside is the range is on the other course across the street plus a short walk &it’s expensive so get there early if you like the range.

Commented on 11/01/2019

Hi u4616264. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (888) 455-0300 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Cherry Creek - The Woods Course!

The Woods was better than remembered

I haven't played this course in a long time, normally play the links across the street. This course demands accurate shots off the box due to the tight tree lined fairways which is both fun and frustrating but it struck how different this course is from it's sister course across the street and I appreciated it more than I remembered. The staff from front desk to ranger to halfway house attendant were great, the started in particular was really accommodating we actually were able to get earlier than our tee time as a twosome on a Sunday

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hi u6611899. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cherry Creek - The Woods Course.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Cherry Creek - The Woods Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

SLH

course conditions were good overall just some areas of missing grass. greens were very good. I always find this course challenging because its very narrow with trees on both sides of the fairway. I tend to fade my ball a bit and often find myself in the woods. Fairly easy to find in the woods as its groomed out good.

Commented on 09/20/2019

Hi u7326790. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cherry Creek - The Woods Course.

Not in very good shape

I haven’t played this course in a couple of years. My major complaint was the fairways they needed to be mowed and you received no reward for a premium tee shot. Also they were very chewed up in spots. You could tell the course received a lot of play this season. But not the maintenance it requires for the amount of play it received.
There are much better deals in Suffolk county. The staff was very accommodating. I’m playing a outing on Friday 9/13 at the woods I will update my review.

Commented on 09/20/2019

Hello, BirdieBert511. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Cherry Creek - The Woods Course.

Tough track with a great layout

I really do enjoy the layout of this course. There are lots of trees but you can still find your ball. Greens were in a great shape but the fairways were a bit beat up. They have a small short game area but no driving range. Would play here again.

End of summer Golf

Greens very good..Only fault is some golfers don't pick up there feet and scuff the greens. They are going to spike up the course 17th of Sept some areas in front of greens done already. Pin placements very tough during our play which took less then 4 hrs.

Commented on 10/20/2019

I agree with the scuffed greens comment. Have played here many times and we often joke that it looks like a bear tore up the greens. If the course isn’t spineless, they should consider doing so. I will recommend such the next time I’m in as they seem to take comments seriously on here (ie they respond). People should also regularly fix their ball marks on the green SMH!

Commented on 09/09/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, HasenohrP. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Nice Round at The Woods

Overall, it was a very nice and challenging course from Blues. Pretty tight course and well maintained. True roll on greens. Fun day on the links !!!

Commented on 09/06/2019

Commented on 09/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Cherry Creek - The Woods Course thanks you!

JML @ The Woods

Great friendly staff. The course is getting a little beat up by the weather. The fairways are nt as plush as last month. Needs some attention!.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi JMLombard0. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cherry Creek - The Woods Course.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Disgraceful

The owners of this course should be ashamed. To charge 75 dollars for fairways that are half dirt, and greens where it looks like the pin hasn't been moved all season is a disgrace.

I would never EVER visit the woods again. Links are where it's at, although I'm hoping the lazy owners haven't completely given up on any type of maintenance over there.

What in your right mind would make you charge that much money for what is arguably the worst kept course in the county? You need your heads examined, and I sincerely hope a solar farm comes in to wipe you out.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Hi jd22dp86. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Cherry Creek - The Woods Course.

Narrow with true greens

Almost every hole is lined with trees, if you don’t hit it straight you’re in for a long round. Aside from the tight fairways most holes have a straight layout. Green we’re soft and true.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u314159325423! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great day

Good course. Needs work on the fairways. Looks like The summer took it’s toll and it it is in bad need of grass seed and aggressive maintenance. It’s s fun course to play in spite of the poor fairways. The greens are excellent and the tees are ok. Best thing about the place is that it always has tee times available.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi JimOlivo. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Cherry Creek - The Woods Course!

Gone way downhill

Have played here every year once or twice. Long ride from home, but always enjoyed the course. Not so today. The tee boxes were awful - more bare spots than grass on many. The fairways were filled with bare areas. The sand traps had not been maintained in a long time - what looked like animal holes in them, long strips that looked like they were eroded by water, etc.
We were told they lost their sprinkler system after a lightning strike (on both courses they run) - I don’t buy it. If that happened, the place would be full of brown grass - this was bare and that is also no excuse for the traps.
It resembled other courses I have played on Long Island in their final year after selling the property to a developer.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hello habes11791. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Baiting Hollow, New York
Westhampton Beach, New York
Laurel, New York
Manorville, New York
Wading River, New York
Manorville, New York

Valid dates: Nov 22, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Unlimited golf for two and stay at Ritz Carlton on Dove Mountain with daily American breakfast for two at CORE Kitchen & Wine Bar.
From $1900