Type Municipal

Tucked away in the Ramapo Mountains on a perch overlooking the Hudson, Patriot Hills Golf Club in Stony Point feels far but it’s conveniently only an hour’s drive from the city. The golf course tumbles across dramatically rolling hills, providing views that span the Hudson Valley. Don’t let the 6,485 yards on the scorecard fool you, the daunting elevation changes make the course feel much longer. Walkers should be forewarned that this mountainous golf course is nearly impossible on foot. You can expect a few approaches to uphill greens but more often you’ll be faced with intimidating shots from elevated tees, which loom more than 200 feet above the severely contoured fairways below. The Patriot Hills layout is a formidable test but players of any skill level can appreciate the meticulous care that went into crafting each hole.

Patriot Hills Golf Club
Scorecard for Patriot Hills Golf Club
Gold M: 72.0/136 426 326 509 467 497 290 158 396 149 3218 175 439 362 194 568 449 539 148 393 3267 6485
Blue M: 70.4/134 406 295 476 436 482 276 145 378 133 3027 160 427 333 177 545 425 522 131 364 3084 6111
White M: 68.0/128 W: 70.5/130 342 263 449 376 472 252 134 353 113 2754 142 398 296 158 518 400 492 118 323 2845 5599
Red W: 69.4/120 287 236 425 341 462 232 104 328 97 2512 124 367 262 135 477 377 476 100 271 2589 5101

Year Built 2003
Architect Rick Jacobson (2003)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Walking Allowed No
Dress code No denim, cut-offs, t-shirts, tank tops, spandex, sweat suits. A collared shirt is required. (Mock necks are acceptable).

Always Fun

A fun course. I hadn't played PatriotHills in three years, mainly because of maintenance issues. The course is in pretty good shape for this time of the season, the main issue being the state of a number of sand traps, which are quite stony. Also, they need to get GPS units for the carts.

What a course

This is one of the nicest courses I've had the pleasure of playing. The layout is challenging and the shots need to be made. Greens were quick and fairways were in great shape. Great rate on golfnow which made it even sweeter.

Golfers need to fix their divots, only flaw of such a magnificent Course.

Great mountainous layout, huge greens with varying shapes and tiers. Overall an amazing place to play, unfortunately the idiots that play here don’t like fixing their ball markers, greens have way too many unfixed dried up divots.

Nice course if you do not pay full price,. A bit to many hills on every hole. A bit to much walking up and down to. Building closes at 6:00, including the rest rooms.

It was great... Until it wasn't

Let me start by saying that this is a fantastic course and really fun to play. Tee boxes were in great shape. Fairways were in great shape. Bunkers were fine. Greens had a lot of ball marks but rolled smooth and fast. The ball marks aren't the fault of the course, but instead are the fault of lazy golfers. Repair your ball marks people! C'mon!! My review would have much higher stars, but based on what transpired after the 9th hole, I'm very weary to give it a good review and come back here. I'd still recommend the course to someone if they asked about it, but I'd also tell them what happened to me the last time I played there. I would absolutely come back to play here if the following hadn't happened.

I went out as a single, so I was fully prepared to wait on tee boxes. But after playing the first 5 holes with no traffic in front of me, I ran into a group at 6. They were awesome and immediately let me play through and at that point I knew I had at least 4-5 open holes in front of me. I was cruising through the course. I get to the 9th hole, shank my tee shot to the right where there's a ranger/starter sitting there. I pull up to him, and he tells me I'm about to run into traffic. I'm a bit confused at this point because I knew I had at least 3 open holes in front of me. He says "You're going to hit a bunch of traffic because I just sent a 3 or 4 replay groups out on the 10th". This, quite frankly, is unacceptable. Why would a course send replay groups out on the 10th hole right in front of other golfers? I play the 10th, and pull up to the 11th tee. There's a group of guys teeing off using Mizuno clubs (replays). In front of them on the 11th green, another group of guys using Mizuno clubs. I literally waited 20 minutes while these guys were looking all over the woods for their balls. I played 11, and got to the 12th tee. These guys each hit at least 2 drives (into the woods) so I decide not to wait and drive past these two groups. At the 12th green, part of this group has their cart stuck on a curb because they're basically driving where they shouldn't be driving near the green. I get to the 13th, another group of replays. 14th, same deal. I finally hit a group at the 15th that isn't part of this group of guys on replay. So technically, without these groups of replays that were placed RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME at the 10th hole, I would've had at least 3 open holes (maybe 4) in front of me.

Honestly, this was a total turnoff to me. You can't charge someone $65 and send groups out in front of them halfway through a round. It's completely unacceptable. I skipped the back nine with the exception of 17 and 18 and didn't even finish 18 because I was so annoyed at this point. Had I been waiting behind groups from the get go, I would've accepted that and played my round. Like I said, I was a single so I was expecting the round to take some time. But when you're cruising along and suddenly the starter tells you he just sent 4 groups of replays out in front of you, that's just bull. Send the replays off the 1st tee instead of right in front of other players who are playing at a certain pace. It completely ruins my opinion of this course. Probably won't go back anytime soon.

Better than I remembered

This course was better than I remember playing it more than five years ago. However the on course bathrooms were locked which is not very helpful. Otherwise a great round of golf!

Good condition

Played late afternoon , pace of play was better and course condition good. Fairways are excellent but people need to fix hallmarks on greens...would recommend...

Oct is the best

Another great round. Perfect month to enjoy the view and play awesome holes. Little tough when you play from back but enjoy the scenery as well as good round of golf

If it’s car path only beware

Course was very wet car path only the entire course. Make sure you call and get the course condition updates before playing. Great layout. Nice elevated tee boxes.

Interesting course in bad condition

The course is a really fun layout (almost every hole is down hill), but it wasn’t fun in it’s current condition. Fairway and rough hadn’t been mowed in a few days. The greens were slow and covered in spike and ball marks. The bunkers weren’t rake, but that happens at a lot of public courses unfortunately.

Thiells, New York