Cherry Wood Golf Course

Grey 70 6055 yards 67.6 114
Brown 70 5200 yards 63.1 108
Green (W) 70 4060 yards 60.9 99
Scorecard for Cherry Wood Golf Course
Black M: 69.7/117 335 435 185 380 250 425 195 490 460 3155 355 550 205 440 395 435 390 130 455 3355 6510
Silver M: 67.6/114 320 395 160 360 240 380 180 460 420 2915 330 520 180 410 365 420 370 120 425 3140 6055
Brown M: 63.1/108 300 360 145 310 200 320 160 370 370 2535 290 460 160 350 270 330 315 110 380 2665 5200
Green W: 60.9/99 360 295 90 235 155 235 85 230 330 2015 245 390 130 280 220 290 250 70 170 2045 4060

Year Built 1997
Architect John Chernega (1997)

2.6

Needs to be played

You can tell the course hasn't seen much play this year due to lack of maintenance. Only 1/2 of the fairways were cut , some of the tee boxes needed dressed up and others had been moved into the fairways

This course is good, and can be challenging with the doglegs and hazards As it is now, is a good course for those just starting off. With more golfers, it could become a nice course

Not Worth the Trip

This course is hard to find. The "pro shop" is in a trailer. The carts are older than I am and don't work to well. There are no fairways, just overgrown grass. The greens are in rough shape. The layout is pretty confusing. And it just isn't a comfortable place to play. I was disappointed. I'm not above any course but it wasn't enjoyable to play.

Better bring a lot of balls

Second time at the course. The tee boxes looked like other courses average rough. Lost multiple balls due to the conditions. Also took a beginner friend of mine, took a little bit more time than we wanted, but with having to help him look for shots to make time go faster. This is where a Lawn Mower would be nice. Also had to circle around multiple times because there are no markers for the cart paths to direct you to the holes. We make it to the 18th green. And the owner tells us if we return he will be putting a time limit on us. Even though we started late because of arrival time and people ahead of us. Will not be returning.

Potential

The designer of the course did a great job. I enjoy the scenery and there are a number of interesting holes. Unfortunately, they don't have the budget to maintain the course properly. The fairways are, at best, first cut length on any other course. I hit hit one ball in the middle of the fairway and it took me 5 minutes to find it. I'll play it again, because it challenges your game. Old time conditions with an intriguing design and a relaxed atmosphere.

I paid 15 dollars and thought it was too much.

If they maintained it at all, I'd consider going back.

Fairways are nonexistent. It's a mess with goose excrement. I abandoned a ball due to a rattlesnake on whole 8, that's nobodies fault though... the course layout itself is challenging and fun, and it could be a nice course, but it needs a dedicated maintenance crew, not just one guy on a brush hog. The carts are juiced out though which gets you through the mud pits in what i assume was a fairway or is supposed to be though.

Awful!

Really in the back woods. Expected to hear banjos. No signs showing the hole layout. Very few ball washers. Couldn't tell if there were fairways on most holes. The cart needed to be push started a few times. Lots of bugs. Pro shop is a trailer. We only paid $15.00 for 18 holes and a cart. But I still feel like I was ripped off. I will never go back to this course. It should be closed.

In its Hay Day I bet this was a nice Course! But not today!

Like I said in the tittle I bet in its hay day this was a nice golf course!

I do understand that golf courses are struggling with making money these days and I do not want to see any course close!

With that said, I will start my review Yes as in some of the other reviews the Pro shop is in a trailer ( that does not bother me).

But looking around at all of the old equipment sitting around with Weeds grown up all around is not a nice image, The course was in rough shape, The Tee boxes need work, some of the holes it was hard to see a fairway, the cart paths need fixed from rain washing them out.

We had problems with our cart at times we had to push it to help it along because it would not run. The greens also needed work and Tree's need trimmed and grass mowed. The bunkers could use some new sand! If you plan on playing this course bring a bunch of extra balls you will lose them unless you hit them straight every time!

I wish I could turn back time and play this course in its HAY DAY! I loved the layout and the challenge it just need a lot of work and if no one plays it I do not see them having the money to improve it! GOOD LUCK!

Exciting and Challenging

This course is a pleasure to play for the price. It has great views and an exciting layout! It is different and hard to explain but well worth the price. Can't wait to go back with my brother.

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible

I will never play this course again, No cart paths, no fairways, horrible carts...2 of them were smoking and sounded like it was about to blow up. The pro shop is a trailer...a bad trailer.

Vandergrift, Pennsylvania