Style Executive

Practice Hole Yes

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Great little course

This course is a hidden gem. Has 10 par 4s and 8 par 3s, but what a great way to improve you long and short iron shots. Greens were in excellent condition and very testy.

Resort Course

Very short course. Well maintained. Fun to play.

Lovely little course!

There's such a great variety of trees here! Not usually a factor you consider when choosing a golf course, but you can't help noticing it at Liberty Forge.

It is an executive course - all par 3s and 4s, and short par 4s at that! So it's not the most challenging course in the world, but it's great if you want to get in a quick round without it taking half the day. Our twosome got through in 2.5 hours with minimal waiting, though it was on a weekday. I can't speak for what it's like on busy weekends.

Plays Twice a year

To many par 3s

Wish the course didnt have so many par 3s, fairways were well maintained and so were the greens. Tee boxes were pretty worn down which made it a little tricky putting tee's in. Overall it was an enjoyable course with some holes challenging your skills.

Course was in great shape. I was a little skeptical of so many par threes but the variety kept it interesting.

Fast Play

I usually go by myself during the week. Tee’d off at 9:30am and was off the course by 12:20pm. I like the course because it has both short and long par 3’s.

Slow Pace

Although the course was in very nice shape, the pace of play was very slow. As a twosome, we had to wait on almost every hole. Then on #10 somehow, a foursome with only one playing golfer ended up in front of us and made the pace even slower

Course in decent shape. First time played. Biggest drawback was pace of play. Course was fairly busy. Group in front of us fell several holes behind group in front of them. Had no idea of the concept of playing ready golf.. spent countless minutes on every hole looking for wayward shots with no concept of keeping up with group in front of them or holding up groups behind them. There were several occasions where there were three groups on the tee behind this group. Spoiled what would have otherwise been a pleasant afternoon.

Enjoyed the Pace

Played 18 in just over 3 hours. Short course but fun. Equal number of 3’s and 4’s. I may join the club.

Short Game

I love Liberty Forge to work on my short game, rarely needing driver, with several easily reachable par 4's. It helps the ego to score in the 70's when I have never reached that number playing on a full-sized course. We do see an occasional deer on the course fir wildlife viewing. The greens are the biggest challenged to the course, some with huge slopes where you don't want to be above the hole and not be able to stop the ball on putts.

Don’t use GolfNow for them

Was searching around this morning looking for a course to play in the area and saw that Liberty Forge had a Hot Deal for walking 18 so I decided jump on it. It was for 9:50AM and I arrived at 9:30. As I got there, the man in the pro shop told me that 9:50 was already fully booked and that there were no openings until 2:40PM. So I pull up the golf now app and show him that I can see about 15 tee times that are not booked still. He tells me that “he knows some people will be coming to play at those times” which to me means, I don’t have them in the tee sheet but I’ve got some buddies that I’d rather put down for those times. Granted I play this course and use its driving range facilities almost daily as well. Just lost a customer in me.

Ok Course

Mostly good shape, some greens a little rough. No facilities open yet but don't look to bad.

Ok for price

Overall a fair value but greens were in bad shape. Hole 18 is quite challenging. Didn’t like that they put out 1 person and then 2 people at separate times in front of us when they should have grouped them together

Short course. Great for a quick round

A good course overall. For being a short course, they produced challenges with elevation changes and tight fairways. Course conditions left much to be desired. Sand traps were more like pond beds not much sand, and no sand rakes at all. A lot of soggy areas around the fairway. Greens were not well kept; sticks, dry areas, ball marks, and lot of worms. Be sure to park on the far right when you drive in. The parking lot is along a fairway and car was damaged from an errant shot.

Winter Golf Conditions

With the greens not having any grass growing, the greens were inconsistent at best. Some of the pin placements were on harsh side hill lies.

My wife hit a putt that nearly stopped at the hole but eventually nearly rolled 50 feet off the green when it picked up speed on the down hill slope pin placement.

Hole #7 is so challenging that I still know how to play it, even though I've had birdie putts the last two times playing it. The extreme dog uphill approach has several option but requires near perfect execution. I hit a 4 hybrid off the tee over the high trees guarding the green that landed on the green but couldn't hold. Layup shots will either go through the fairway behind trees as it rolls quickly down the hill or leave you with the need of a very high, soft lob wedge to hold the green. I was successful the last two times using that technique.

Some of the tee shots are very tight tree lined, #9 and #15 come to mind.

Other than that, the fairways were in good shape for the most part. Obviously no rough to speak of. Very short part 4's do not require the driver and as little as a 3 or 4 hybrid for me to reach.

Also, I should point out the course is very hilly. My wife fell out of the golf cart today on a steep hill. Fortunately she wasn't hurt. I didn't see what happened.

This course is for BEGINNERS

This is a executive course depicted as a real one with pictures.

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania