View of the 8th green at St. Margaret's Golf and Country Club

Caddies Yes
Golf School Academy Yes - John Kelly Golf Academy
Practice Hole Yes

Nice Parkland course...

and among the 10 courses I played around Dublin one of my favorites. rough was quite long and the Par5 8th was flooded due to heavy rain. besides that the course and especially the greens were in great condition. Would definitely play it again.

I was told to play this course by a few locals and they were absolutely correct. The course was in great condition, hard to read & fast greens & it has a great layout. If you are a single or two ball then try and get paired into a foursome otherwise you will find the pace of play painstakingly slow.
I highly recommend this course for the price.

Problem with booking

Booked on Golf Now App. Received confirmation. No record of booking when we arrived at course which was full so we could not play. Complete waste of a day off work.

Fair challenge

A nice layout - some tough approaches over water on the front nine. Greens not in the best condition for this time of year. Not an overly long course. 2 par 5s in a row at end of round makes this quirky. Enjoyable round nonetheless

Plays Twice a year

Serious course

Serious course for serious golfers. Too tough for average golfer hence the slow play. Greens a bit crusty and bumpy and Sandy. Almost as if they are trying to make them fast when the grass isn't able for it.
Typical municipal bunkers. Lots of footprints and badly raked but loads of sand.
Great value for money.
This could be the best course is Dublin if more were spent maintaining it. But it is just a public golf course and as long as players remember that they'll not be too unhappy.
There seem to be enough staff there to deal with slow play but ......
It's not easy to tell highly muscled tattooed lads to hurry up!

Slow, slow play

I brought three clients to play St Margaret’s because I knew it was a very good, well maintained golf course. We had a particularly busy schedule but managed to get time for a round. First thing that went wrong was at check in when I was informed our tee off time was 35 minutes later than I booked. When I said this, the guy looked at his screen and told me I was mistaken. I KNOW I wasn’t mistaken as a lot of planning had gone into the day and I knew precisely the time I booked. If he apologised and said there’s been a delay I could have taken it, but to be made look foolish in such a dismissive way in front of clients was embarrassing. We made our way to the first tee at the revised time where there was a queue waiting. I felt like cancelling the who thing there and then. And I should have, because we had to wait over every shot and 5 hours 35 minutes later we finished our round. A member of staff (ranger?) came along on a buggy as we waited on the 8th box. We complained about the exceedingly slow pace of play. He went ahead to see if he could identify the cause. We never saw him again and the snail pace continued to the painful end. Were my clients impressed? No! It was quite clear to me that St Margaret’s had let out too many players at too short intervals because the delay was along the whole course, not after any particularly slow group. And that might also explain our tee time being put back by 35 minutes. We were late for a subsequent dinner appointment where our companions had to wait for us. I will never play St Margaret’s again which is a pity because it’s a lovely course and well maintained. BUT NEVER AGAIN!

Only play St Margaret’s if you’ve lots of time on your hands

The pace of play was awful. We had to stand and wait at every tee box and on our fairways shots, and for each green. Five hours and ten minutes! A ranger approached us at the 8th tee. We complained it had taken two hours and fifteen minutes to get that far!! He went ahead to see what the problem was. That’s the last we saw of him. St Margaret’s are obviously interested only in getting as many green fees out on the course as possible, not in the players’ experience! My buddies and I vowed never again, not even if we got it for free!!

Great track

Wonderful course, fairways were immaculate especially for Feb. Layout is thought proving and beautiful. The par threes and the 18th were especially pretty.

A good challenge for all levels

Enjoyed this course. We’ll set up and in good conditions for winter. No temporary greens which is a bi plus. Front nine harder than back with some nice water holes. Greens in good condition. Will play again.

Course

Excellent course great layout value for money course in magnificent condition a joy to play

Good course but painstakingly slow play

Slowness of play really took away from enjoying the outing, especially as I had brought two friends as my guests, both of whom were excellent golfers but they got quiet upset at the slow pace of play. This was doubly annoying as the wind was noticeably cold when you're standing around so long waiting to take your next shot. The Course Ranger did come when we phoned at the 6th or 7th hole to try to do something about it. The delays arose from two sets of 4 players in caddy cars. So, while the course itself is great, if I'd know the play was going to be so slow I think I would have gone to some other course. In that sense I didn't at all get value for my 90EUR.

Lovely Par 3s

Pleasant course. Would have looked nicer if all water features had water but many were dry. Some lovely par 3s. Only complaint was two guys playing out of a buggy with one set of clubs were very slow. I passed them walking with a trolley and they started 15 minutes ahead of me.

Kilsallaghan, County Dublin
Kilsallaghan, County Dublin
Cloghran, County Dublin
Hollystown, County Dublin
Ashbourne, County Meath
Castleknock, County Dublin

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.