Howth Golf Club

White 71 5700 meters
Yellow 71 5437 meters
Red (W) 72 4943 meters
Scorecard for Howth Golf Club
Red W: 73.1/123 374 374 487 187 497 340 578 188 305 3330 367 379 545 472 393 168 357 436 414 3531 6861
White M: 72.1/121 374 374 487 187 497 340 578 188 305 3330 367 379 545 472 393 168 357 436 414 3531 6861

Year Built 1916
Architect James Braid (1929) Frank O'Down

Carts Yes - EUR 35

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Laser

Howth Golf Club (Dublin Ireland)

I was slightly confused about the cost of the round. I paid € 28 online for the 18 holes and then when I arrived to play l was told it would cost € 45 for the cart. If you have never played there , it would be very difficult getting around the mountain with all the elevation changes w/o a cart.

I was the second person to tee off at 8:36am but by the time I got to hole number 12 ,there were four groups of senior locals in front of me . There was a foursome on # 12, twosome on #13,foursomes on #14, and a foursome on # 15. I was told by some ladies that the course allows the seniors to play a 12 hole round.This allows them to cut over from 7 to 12 in front of people like myself who are playing 18 holes. The seniors tried to convince me to go back to 7 and I would avoid all the seniors who cut in front of me on # 12 .I could not do that because I had cab picking me at 12:30pm. The view of the course is great but the cost of the round is misleading and the Pro Shop didn’t inform me that a group of seniors would be cutting in front of me extending my round of golf by 30 minutes!

His course is a must play

I was so glad I stumbled across this course. This course had breathtaking views from every hole. located in howth Ireland this course is set on top of a hill that over looks Dublin. Everyone was extremely nice and accommodating. The course is extremely hilly so I would recommend getting the electric push cart if you aren't used to walking. This course includes many blind shots show I would also recommend using the 18birdes app to view the layout of each hole. This course quickly became one of my favorite courses and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great experience near Dublin. You won't regret it.

Amazing views but poor golf course.

very quirky not in a good way. Lots of blind tee shots. Course is shoehorned into side of Howth mountain so course is very sloped and very hilly. You'd better be very fit and very accurate if you want to play here!

Also many hillwalkers walking across fairways as they have rights of way. Gets annoying when about to swing and oblivious hill walkers pop out of nowhere down the fairway right in your line.

On plus side amazing views of Dublin bay and Irish Sea.

There are lots of great golf courses in the Dublin area but I would skip this one if your a serious golfer.

Thrilled

Loved every minute of our round and did not want it to end. Had a great time and can't recommend strongly enough, you have to play it to see all the beauty and the views..........................wow

What a great course

Really enjoyed playing Howth and so did my playing partners.

Views to die for! Condition was 100%

Would we go babk????

Yes yes yes

Quirky

Nice course. Lots of blind tee offs but always confirdent that hitting right direction. Lots of fun elevated greens and tee offs into valleys

Spectacular Value

Interesting layout. Spectacular views. Wonderful course. Great food at turn.

Wow!

What a surprise! What a course!

Didn't know what to expect but boy was not ready for what stood infront of me.

Views to die for, perfect greens, great Braid layout and a really wonderful experience.

Work is taking place remodeling the pro shop and various other areas which will enhance the off course experience

I'm back in June

Hidden gem

Played Howth on a trio that included rounds to RCD, Portrush and portmarnock and thought we would have an easy time of it but Howth provided a welcome challege. The challenge was walking the course as the elevation changes play a huge role in each shot you take and then in between hiking the course. Lovely course that I would recommend playing twice as to learn the lay of the land. A number of blind shots that require local knowledge where to hit. Overall great course and if it was local to me I would frequent.

fabulous course great scenery

as it was my first time to play Howth i was very impressed by the course and the staff and members we met from the time we got to the course untill we left. i found the greens a bit tricky to judge but put that down to lack of course knowledge. i will definitly play Howth again

very disapointed

I booked this at the last minute as i seen it for €20.00 it is usually €50.00, I arrived at the club with 10 mins to spare so went around the clubhouse to find someone to check in and get my card, I did not see anybody the pro shop was closed and the bar maid behind the counter said someone should be there shortly. I waited around and still no one showed up, So i seen a member get a score card from the office so i follwed and got my own. So far i'm not impressed. Got to the tee box, some friendly members let me go ahead as there was 3 of them and i was on my own, I tee'd off and went my merry way, to nearly get struck by a ball from the second tee, No warning or bell to let the player know to go, the fairways were bumpy and patchy and not great, A lot of blind greens you would need someone with you that played the course to know where to hit as the map on card isn't great, greens where in good nick to be fair. Its very hilly and you will need to be fit or get an electric buggy to play this course, I wouldn't play again due to the green fee being too expensive and course not in great nick, when the course next to it is in much better shape and a fraction of the price. Way over priced and not very customer friendly when first time visiting

Brilliant Greens

Arrived late and was allowed out on the course still, windy conditions made the golf tricky. This course has amazing views of the Dublin area camera required. The best greens in Dublin i've played at the moment very true. This course is a very good test of all parts of your game.

This golf course has a beautiful scenery.

This golf course has a beautiful scenery and fareway is also good condition.

Howth, County Dublin