View of a green at San Carlos Golf Club

Caddies Yes

Snacks

Clubhouse

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us at San Carlos Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing San Carlos Golf Club.

Commented on 08/20/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at San Carlos Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Surprising Muni

For a municipal course all but one tee (#17) were in very good condition as were the fairways and greens. The greens were on the slower side but were consistent throughout so adjustment was possible.
Playing this course for the first time I was very pleasantly surprised by not only the course condition but also completing the rounds as a threesome in 3 hours!

Commented on 08/04/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing San Carlos Golf Club.

Chintzy

I have played this course many times though not recently became I deemed that it was way overpriced.
I got a great deal on Golf Now so I and 2 friends went out on a very hot Sunday.
I requested Handicap flags but they told me to tell the starter who told me “ No Problem “
The course had the automatic GPS system which cuts out your golf cart if you get too close and the green.
We have played courses like this before but never had the cart stop 0-30 yards from the green.
Ridiculous!!
When we quit after 9 he told my friend that He would shut the GPS off for the back 9 !!!!!!!!
Why didn’t they do that in the beginning???!
It will be a long time before I return, if ever.
Oh, they also charged each golfWe $2 for a 12 oz bottle of water!!
I have never been charged for water.
Chintzy , low class, action

Commented on 07/29/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting San Carlos Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Nice round

First time ever playing a round without losing a ball. Played 16 holes with same ball. Pretty much a flat open course. I loved it. A few challenging holes, raised greens and DoD legs made a slight challenge. I will be playing again. I live in Shadow Woods Preserve. I wish they would make the course more affordable.

Commented on 07/24/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing San Carlos Golf Club.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

I like playing this course. The only drawback was that it was a very hot day and there is not much shade to seek out.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at San Carlos Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Love it.

Great golf. Great conditions. Least pretentious course around. One of my favorites.

Commented on 07/20/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at San Carlos Golf Club!

Love san carlos

Cafe does not open early enough.. I have to get my sandwiches before I get to the golf course. Take the hit and open 1 hour earlier. 7 am......

Surprising

Driving into the course I was worried about it being a dog track. It is actually well maintained. It is a great course for beginners or high handicappers. It is wide open and hard to lose your ball. I am an 8 handicap and I shot 74. So, easy but fun.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at San Carlos Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the near future!

San Carlos

This was my first time playing San Carlos and i will absolutely be returning . The course was in fabulous shape despite the hot weather we've been having. The greens were all the same speed, making it somewhat easier to read. This course was challenging yet fun, its a great test of all of your clubs. I was happy with the price when i booked my tee time, even happier when i was finished playing. I just moved her from the Chicago suburbs and you'd never see a course this good for even twice this price. I will return.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Your feedback is important to us, thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing San Carlos Golf Club!

Great find!

This is a fairly straightforward layout with only minor difficulties along the way. Extremely playable and surprisingly well maintained. Friendly staff and well managed in every way. A great bargain for anyone who does not require a country club atmosphere or a difficult course.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Commented on 06/16/2020

Great Public Course

Course is in great shape with exception of the Tee’s. Some of the par threes are pretty ratty.
Course is wide open with limited water hazards but is very challenging due to wind and being a long course..
Staff is very professional and very accommodating.
If you are looking for a great round of golf on a Semi Private in the Fort Myers area I highly recommend Sn Carlos

Commented on 06/17/2020

Nice coarse

Given the weather we have had lately the coarse was in extremely good condition. The staff there are the best I have come across. I truly enjoy every bit of the experience of playing at Sam Carlos.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Thank you for your review and kind words! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at San Carlos Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

What? Where's the water?

I didn't think it was possible. Nope. Still don't believe it - but it's true. This is probably the only SWFL course I've played with less than four water hazards. In fact, water is only a small risk on two out of 18 holes. THAT WAS SHOCKING & AMAZING - BUT REFRESHING. Happy, happy, joy, joy, joy! It was like playing golf in Ohio. / CONS: (A) Bag boys wanted to handle our bags as COVID-19 didn't exist, (B) Pace was unbelievably slow. Starter let a family with a 5-year old and 7-year old tee off in front of our foursome on a Sunday morning @ 9:40 am. After waiting on the 1st hole for 25 minutes we asked for assistance. The starter promised us that "he'd keep an eye on them". Guess what? That didn't help very much. (C) General staff was kind of crabby also - (especially the lady in the snack bar who was rude to us) . PROS: the conditions were excellent. We may play here again someday. I like the course.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Jane! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again in the near future. San Carlos Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 06/03/2020

Great shape

The fairways were great. The greens were A little bumpy (to be expected this time of year) because they had been plugged a couple weeks ago but look like they’ll be great in another week or 2. Played in a 3 some at 7am and finished in 3:15.

Commented on 06/04/2020

I meant 10:15, not 3:15. We played in a little over 3 hours. I played again this week, teeing off at 8:22 and done by 11:30. Great pace of play.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. San Carlos Golf Club thanks you!

Ft. Myers, Florida