Slope N/A

Year Built 1987

Credit Cards Accepted No

Bar, Restaurant

Banquet Facilities, Internet Access, Wifi

The tale of two rounds really...

I just checked my stats from my round at Sleepy Hollow. First thing that I noticed was there's a 19th hole to account for. Next, I saw that on average, I was 90 yards closer to the pins on the front than I was to the pins n th back... and that's allowing for an extra hole on the back and a shot at the par 3 14th that almost went in (< 1 foot... I'll upload the image). Sleepy Hollow was beautifully conditioned. The greens were very true so I only needed 32 putts to get around. I played the blue tees with my single digit handicap. Got birdies at 5, 7, and 8. Took a couple bogeys too. Three is a neat par 3 playing down toward a lake. Number 4 is also a hole that tempts but I hit 7 iron and wedge to that green. Then after the ninth, I walked through the hollow and a broad vista of holes with very different character were presented! 10 & 11 involved almost 1000 yards and 11 sets up like it might be a long relatively straight par 4... except it goes 90 degrees left about 220 out and then there's elevation to the green. At 12, I hit 7 iron from 166 to just a few inches. Been playing this game for 60 years and I've never had an ace. I wouldn't have seen it even if it went in because I hit my tee ball directly into the setting sun. The 18th is a nice hole that drops maybe 40 feet to a green that's about 160 out but hit at least one less club. Then there's the sign for the 19 (not a short beer hole but a legit par 4 that plays over 400 yards). Turf conditions were dry and firm so maybe the drives got some help but the finisher is a solid hole. My only wish is that they'd put slope and rating on the scorecard so I can report a score. Recommend this course... especially the "back 10".

Scott Township, Pennsylvania