Monument 72 7007 yards 72.7 137
Redlands 72 6486 yards 70.4 132
Canyon 72 5821 yards 67.6 118
Desert 72 4790 yards 69.2 113
Scorecard for Redlands Mesa
Monument M: 71.7/135 419 429 197 373 575 401 466 164 389 3413 527 397 151 541 370 568 412 218 410 3594 7007
Redlands M: 70.4/132 W: 74.0/125 387 400 170 320 538 376 416 157 358 3122 508 378 124 504 332 531 392 200 395 3364 6486
Canyon M: 67.2/115 W: 70.0/118 335 365 146 282 505 331 375 150 351 2840 477 318 113 451 283 493 316 166 381 2998 5838
Desert M: 68.6/113 W: 68.0/113 294 310 101 243 428 260 328 72 230 2266 419 271 83 415 237 441 292 115 377 2650 4916

Year Built 2001
Architect Jim Engh (2001)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Colorado (2016 #10)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 2

Gorgeous Course

Played Redlands Mesa again Sat, July 21, 2018. I love this course. So beautiful and fun to play. Great variety of holes and shots. My only complaint is the 13th hole is too crazy even for a Jim Engh design. From the Redlands tee I'd have had to hit a 280 yd drive down the middle then turn back more than 90 degrees to the green. I came up short on my drive and had to drive a totally blind shot over the rocky ridge. Uggh! But I'm anxious to play it again. Maybe from the Canyon Tees.

Great Track

Played it again for the first time in several years and I forgot how hard it was! The course was in awesome condition overall and a ton of fun to play. Bring your "A" game on or around the greens, you are going to need it!
Pace of Play Poor

Not as I remember

Ok, So I pass thru Grand Junction occasionally and always try to play Redlands Mesa. It's been 3 years since I have had the opportunity so I was fairly stoked to play. This course has soaring vistas and very nice true greens. The problem for me is that they have loaded up this tract with hundreds of houses since I was last there. This really changes the character for me and I found it much less enjoyable. Granted, the morning I showed up they only had 9 holes open due to flash floods a couple days earlier but that may have been a lucky draw as it just doesn't wow me as it used.to. Condition was good considering the rain they had just had, and the soaring vistas are still there, but all the fairways are lined with houses and they are building lots more. I was surprised that it was virtually a empty at 9AM. Moved it from my top 10 to my top 50 favorite courses.
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Good

Great views, plenty of challenge

The only reason I didn't give this golf course five stars is that it's not walkable. Otherwise, it's a course anyone visiting Colorado should check out. With one great view after another of the canyons and red mesas, there are picture taking opportunities on every tee. Additionally, the holes are well thought-out and the variety is endless. This is certainly one of the best public courses in Colorado.

A little too triped out

First of all, this course was just plain fun. And the setting is surreal. However, that doesn't make for a great course. Serious issues on the design hold it back. #13 & 14 are more than a little goofy. I can't see bringing anyone here who hasn't played the game for at least five years.
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Average

The Vistas You'll Never Forget

This golf trip was over 10 yrs in the making...finally it happened...3 days, 3 outstanding mountain golf courses. Redlands Mesa, Lakota Canyon Ranch and BearDance. Redlands was truly a visually stunning course. Nearly every hole offers views of the mesa. Conditions were outstanding...one needs to get used to the native sand in the bunkers...not what you would typically see in the south or northeast. The layout was nice, but I thought it became redundant after about 10 holes. Every tee shot is played from an elevated tee box to a fairway in the valley or a green. The green complexes are somewhat friendly if you are a yard or so off the mark because they tend to funnel the ball back to the green. A fairly pricey course and deservedly so...we caught it on a twilight rate which imo was a bargain. Overall very enjoyable and a must play if you are ever in Western Colo.

Great course and starter

Played for the second time here and it is a great course. We will be making this a weekly outing as I found the course excellent and my wife enjoyed riding along. The greens and fairways were both in excellent condition and there is a great variety of holes with an abundance of elevated tees. Most of the greens are in bowls which is fun deciding which way they will break. The starter was very kind and suggested we start on 10 to get through quickly, 18 in 2:30. Only negative was service and food in restaurant, but we came to golf, so...Grand Junctions finest and woth the drive from our home in Moab.

Grand Junction's best

Played all of the courses in this area during the year(ish) I lived there. This is the best course in GJ. Super unique and lots of individually memorable holes. Great place to show off to buddies or family. Miss playing this track a ton. If you like traditional out and back layouts, this course probably isn't for you though..
Denver Advisor

Golf Elevated

If you like elevated tee shots, have I got a course for you. Practically every hole has a tee shot down to a fairway. The ones that don't, play to an elevated green. Beside that, the layout is very good. There is a good mix of long and short holes, dogs in both directions, three shot par 5s and par 5s that even the short hitter will be tempted to go for the green in two. The hole that you will either love or hate is the short par 4 14th. It is driveable; however, you will need to carry a boulder and it is blind. Not really sure if it is worth the risk. The drivable par 4 4th is the one to give it a rip-just keep it on the left side of the fairway. The par 3s are all scenic and three of them drop down. Just for the fun of it, try one from the blacks on the 17th-just for the view of it all. My favorite hole is the par 5 13th. It has a pond in front of the green; however, it is the shortest par 5 on the course and you will want to go for it in two. The greens are pretty well contoured, so hitting the correct part of the green is necessary for an easy two putt. If you are not in the correct section, then you will have some type of a hump or ridge to navigate and earn your two putt. The course has a driving range and putting green. There is also a restaurant. Best of all, I hear that they are dropping their greens fee to about $65-70. Considering that it was over $100 for out of towners, that is a great deal. There is always shoulder season. Redlands Mesa tends to be in great condition, so this summer should be no different. Don't miss a green, the rough can be thick around them. One can see why this is rated the best public course in Colorado; I would give it 4.5 stars. If out this way, you need to play here.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Good

Incredibly beautiful setting for a classic Jim Engh course.

Due to a tremendous rainstorm when I tried to play July, 2014 we were only able to play the front nine. When I saw Redlands had dropped their weekday price to $50- I worried that conditions would be bad this year. Fortunately that was not the case. Conditions were great as usual. The pricing change was done to encourage more play on this wonderful track. Good move! Redlands Mesa is another classic Jim Engh designed track including 11 elevated bunkers. The Golf Club at Redlands Mesa appears to be a lush dark green carpet flowing through rugged red rock formations with a backdrop of the beautiful Colorado National Monument. Who could ask for anything more for super photo ops? Grand Junction has a high desert climate and therefore a longer and dryer season than the courses up in Summit and Eagle Counties. Your golf experience at Redlands Mesa will long be remembered for the incredible views from each tee box. The first few holes have the rugged backdrop of Colorado National Monument (which is definitely worth a side trip for a winding road drive comparable to the Grand Canyon in beauty and history). If you're really brave and strong do this on a bike. Back to the golf review...... Hole #3 is an almost blind par 3 with a huge green divided by a ridge in the middle. Get on the correct side of the ridge and you're rewarded. On the wrong side you'll get the usual Jim Engh punishment. Hole #5 is a dog-leg right par 5 with the Jim Engh signature clown's tongue green. When I played it with my brother we both narrowly missed the elevated green to the right on our third shots. When we got to the green we found my ball 2" from the hole for a tap in birdie and my brother's ball was in the hole for an eagle 3! Another classic hole is the #17 par 3. It's a long downhill shot from a very elevated tee to a narrow green in a rugged rock cove. When I played this hole in 2007 a bobcat chased a rabbit across the green as we were about to hit our tee shots. This year the rabbit population was way up and no bobcats visible. Nature's way, I guess. Redlands Mesa ranks very high on the fun and beauty scales. It's a great course to play at least twice due to some pretty tricky layouts. (The 14th hole has a dogleg right of more than 90 degrees if you bust a big drive down the middle between two large rock mounds. Shorter hitters have a partially blind shot over the right rock mound. Bring your camera and your shot making imagination when you come to play Redlands Mesa.
Quality of food & beverage Excellent