Jack Frost National Golf Course

Advanced 72 6741 yards 72.9 136
Member 72 6297 yards 71.5 133
Forward 72 5729 yards 68.4 124
Most Forward 72 5129 yards 70.2 121

Location is worth the drive at a resort   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include elevation changes undulating greens bunkers   Great for drinks 19th hole specials patio dining

"Amazing Conditions"

kdaddy72's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018

Played the course on a Saturday and conditions, pace and overall experience were amazing!!

Staff was super friendly and very informative. Felt like a member from the time I arrived until the moment I left.

Clubhouse isn't the best but wow others should take notice...they have everything you could want and some exceptional sales and Awesome selection. Staff was very informative and made sure you knew about all the offerings....Kudos

F&B was very good and the new pavilion bar is Great!! Views for miles and the girl were excellent.

Course was in amazing condition everything was mowed out nicely and bunkers were groomed. Greens were fast and true probably rolling close to 12....just wish golfers would fix their ball marks.

Pace of play was good for a busy Saturday and saw the ranger many times and he was very friendly. I have heard complaints about the rangers being pushy but they were professional a did a great job.

Kudos the the staff for a great day and experience....my group hopes to return many more times!!

freatta90's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"Best course in the Pocono’s"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018

Great layout utilizing the ski hill elevation. Despite lots of rain, the greens were in excellent condition and course not as wet as others in the area

brucegudim's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

adeitzel's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

"sloping greens are fun, pretend you are at Augusta"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

The greens are difficult but fair. Holes have nice elevation and are lined with skinny trees.. I play it a few times a year and look forward to it.

"A fine golf course."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

After you get past the disaster that is a clubhouse it’s all good from there. The course is amazing. Great layout perfect condition excellent greens and a great setting. When your on any given hole you never see another hole. Complete isolation. It’s an experience. Pick the right tees. If you hit it long go backs bit because you’ll outdrive some of the doglegs. The place is one of the top courses around the poconos and well worth the drive to get to it. Don’t skip it to play a cheaper course. It’s worth the extra couple of bucks.

earlyexit's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017

"Interesting #toughgreens"

bmoreira82's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

Hit many different kinds of shots and need to place our approach on the correct tier on the greens or it's a potential 3 putt.

Great condition, nice 19th hole with nice value on beer

"Fantastic course and a great value"

Plays:  Twice a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

Played a 2:00 round on Saturday July 22 with a couple buddies from Maryland, one of whom golfs a ton and used to caddy at Caves Valley in Maryland. We were all really impressed with the course, especially given that it's public and the rates are extremely reasonable. An added bonus is in the heat of the summer you can always count on it being 10 or so degrees cooler in the Poconos. Clearly one of the best in PA- definitely worth a trip!

"Very fast greens"

bobfringer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Course in great shape, very challenging and each hole os different. Fog on entire front nine - 6:30 tee time - was a bit annoying

"Bucket List Course for sure"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017

This course rivals any private country club that I've experienced. We researched all the courses in the area and there is nothing that can compare to Jack Frost. The staff is super friendly and accommodating and that's just the start. The course itself is one of the most visually stunning layouts I have ever played in my life. Every hole is set by itself so you often feel like you're the only group on the course. We didn't see much but it's clear there is wildlife abound. For those who find mountain golf quite difficult because of some tricked up bounces and such, you will not complain about that here. Everything is fair. If you hit good shots you get rewarded. If you hit it in the woods there's a slim chance you'll get lucky and find it but probably not.

"Best Course in C r natal Pic so nos"

kathjohn's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017

The course was in great shape. The price was fair. The greens were challenging and there were some great views.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2017

"Nice 4 hour round on a Friday Afternoon on July 4th weekend"

Jalepeno's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Joined their $250/play as much as you want with a cart for $25 after 1pm membership. Great deal. Course was in great shape. Almost a "stadium course": really wide fairways but hilly so plenty of challenge while you shouldn't lose many balls off the tee. Fairways and greens in really nice shape. Just a couple of water holes. Green knowledge helps quite a bit as there are some big breaks. If you are used to a flat golf course, this will be quite a challenge. Other reviewers have complained about course ranger "aggressiveness" in keeping up pace of play. Thank you rangers! They list pace of play as 4.5 hours. I don't want to play a 5 hour round. Round today took 4:10. Really enjoyed it.

"Ranger danger"

hengstwengst's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

The layout and conditions of this course are great. The staff is somewhat questionable though. Rangers are out on course and constantly writing your cart number down. I can appreciate them wanting to keep up pace of play, but when it is quite obvious that pace is being upheld there really is not any reason to stalk people around the course.

Commented on 06/09/2017

hengstwengst

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the course and hope you will return.

We do try and make sure pace is moving and our staff does right down times along the way. This is just the way we track our pace of play and I'm sorry you took offense to it.

Thanks again

"Great Pocono Course"

DickJohans's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2017
First time playing Used cart

My nephew and I came from Bucks County and had a 750hrs Tee Time. We were greeted by a friendly assistant and the staff was friendly. There was one twosome ahead of us who went out at 0730 and we never saw them again. They have a grass range, a putting green, and a chipping green.. I read some negative reports of a Marshall but we didn't encounter any as there was no need.

We immediately liked the course son the first hole. It was very scenic and each hole is in the middle of nowhere. The course was in great shape and the greens were perfect. The ball seemed to carry a little further due to the altitude and the greens rolled true. The greens were very hard to read and for someone who struggles with green reading I was lost.

The course does not play as tight as it appears on Google Maps. I have a big two way miss and although I spent some time in the woods the brush is not that thick and you can find balls.

Bring your cameras for some of the views and scenery and dont even think about walking this 11 mile track.

This course is much better than Split Rock Country Club. Split Rock is very short and target oriented. There are par fours where your target is 150 yards away. We scored 3-5 strokes better but we were frustrated.

Cant say enough good things about Jack Frost!

"Jack Frost an Awesome Course"

jonathan9's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

Played Jack Frost recently with 2 friends on a Tuesday morning. Drove 100 miles to get there, but it was worth it. I love this course-fantastic shape, every hole different, wide fairways, big greens, pristine tee-boxes, all in a mountain, bucolic setting where every hole is separate and distinct. Will go back, despite distance I have to travel. If you are anywhere near the Poconos, you must play this course.

"NEVER PLAY THIS COURSE- WORST GOLF EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE"

David7052601's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017
Used cart Windy weather

What a TERRIBLE experience. DO NOT PLAY HERE! I took my father golfing for his birthday today. We arrived and were informed that we would be teamed up with two other guys which was fine with us. After the first couple of holes, the two gentlemen who joined us were struggling a bit, but still maintained a decent pace of play. The nice thing was we dint have a group behind us.

On the fourth hole, the ranger drove by and said we needed to pick up the pace even though we didn't have anyone behind us. As requested we picked up the pace, played ready golf, etc. Nobody behind us the entire time! At the turn, we decided to stop for a hot dog which took about 15 minutes. We proceeded to the back nine. We were on the green and the ranger approached us, still nobody behind us. He was incredibly rude, raised his voice stating that we were holding up the entire course and were 15 minutes behind schedule. We explained that it took fifteen minutes to get a hot dog and there wasn't anyone behind us. He continued to reprimand us saying that we were inconveniencing everyone else on the course, negatively impacting the flow. We then proceeded to the 11th hole and he had some guy, maybe in his early twenties come over and he started on us, saying that he already told us to pick up the pace of play. He also had a very abrasive tone. At this point, we were fed up with them and tired of being treated like garbage. We told them in so many words to let us alone and enjoy our round. He then told me "your done" and was calling the GM. The GM and head golf pro then came out to us on the 12th hole saying that there employees would never act in this manner, essentially telling us that we were making this all up. Long story short, the rangers clearly lacked intelligence, and have no idea how to treat their customers.

If you want to be scolded and interrupted all day by a bunch of rangers with nothing better to do but heckle their customers, than this is the place for you. They ruined me and my fathers round of golf on this birthday. The course is in great shape but the rangers are a joke, and management clearly doesn't have a grip on how they treat their customers. I recommend Blue Ridge trail. Better course, great people, great management, better priced. This is the first time I wrote a review on a golf course because I don't want anyone else to be treated this poorly on a golf course. Again, Stay AWAY! DO NOT PLAY HERE!!!!

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 06/30/2017

So if you were 15 minutes behind the pace of play "4 1/2 hours" at the turn, you were playing at a 5 hour round pace of play. Since you didn't say you were being held up, I assume that it was your play alone that was causing a 5 hour round. While I am surprised that JFN would be that vocal if no one was waiting on you, play faster please. 5 hours with no one in front of you...really?

"VERY DISAPPOINTED"

paulmarchese's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Disappointing. If you want to feel stalked, followed, and unwelcomed then come to Jack Frost. I came up to PA from Florida for a few days and we decided to play at Jack Frost. The ranger was literally following us from the first hole, and by the second hole , we were getting harassed, asking us to pick up the pace. I felt like I had to look over my shoulder every shot to see if the ranger was there to reprimand me for something. It wasn’t belong before the stalking rangers multiplied and started in on me and my group. This white haired ranger clearly has some issues and feels the need to put others down. Maybe he is on a power trip because he is in a position to enforce the course rules. THE ENTIRE DAY I WAS FOLLOWED AND HARASSED. This was hands down the worst experience I’ve had playing golf. On top of this the course was only in so-so shape. Overpriced. Go elsewhere or you will regret it.

Course Layout: Poor