Type Public/Resort
Style Parkland
Turning Stone - Kaluhyat

Year Built 2003
Golf Season April 1 - October 31
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (2003)

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New York (2018 #11)

The Turning Stone Monster

Arrived early for our golf outing so ended up playing Kaluhyat twice. This is a local favorite and Turning Stones second course to be in Golf Digests top 100 you can play list. This course plays to a 145 slope from the tips and even 135 from the white. Honestly I have played a few 135 courses and this is certainly every bit of this. It's a course where you can tame a hole or two but beating the beast would be a rare occurrence. This course always sends me back home to Myrtle Beach with my tail between my legs.

The shear beauty of every hole on this Robert Trent Jones Jr. track can not be matched. The natural experience is once again on display where all Turning Stone Courses are Audubon International "Certified Signature Sanctuary"

So why continue to come back here, its like Mt Everest, I want to tame the beast. My three golf partners were here for the first time. While one did say he never wants to be beat up like that again he was the first to ask when are we coming back.

Kaluhyat like all Turning Stone course is the golf experience not a round of golf. Let me congratulate Head Pro, Jeff Kleinman and his complete staff on providing us with a four day golf adventure of royal proportion. Every one from Alex in the pro shop to Emily and Corrine on the beverage cart have an infectious can do commitment. Also, take time and enjoy the food and drink at the clubhouse, SOAK IT ALL IN.

Another great course at Turning Stone

Didn’t get to see much of this course because of the weather but what we did see will make me book another visit. Our group played 4 holes before the greens became unplayable. I did see other holes during our visit either from the car or on walks.

The one that got away....

This was the last to play on our Golf Advisor getaway to Turning Stone. The first 2 courses (Shenendoah and Atunyote) were lots of fun. Kaluhyat promised to be another gem. If only the Weather cooperated! We managed only 6 holes before the deluge got the best of us and we called it quits. The course was beautiful. I now have to return to play the rest - Can't wait!

Cannot wait to go back and finish!

Was only able to finish 6 holes before the sky opened up. Took the opportunity to drive the rest of the course. It is terrific!

Golf Channel

We wrapped up our trip at Turning Stone with Kaluhyat. The course is very nice and scenic, but unfortunately our round was cut short due to a monsoon of rain that came pouring in. We were able to play four holes and then ultimately had to call it quits. You cannot go wrong with any of the courses at Turning Stone and Kaluhyat is no exception.

Turning Stone

I enjoyed playing this golf course. Beautiful fairways and greens. The flowers/plantings were spectacular!.
Great day on the golf course!

Great day of golf

The hardest of the three courses at Turning Stone, this course was a good test of golf. Blind holes, forced carry on tee shots on a number of holes - this course is a gem. Beautifully maintained. Definitely want to play this one again.

Golf Channel

Another Gem at Turning Stone

Another great track at Turning Stone. The course was in fantastic shape. The pace of play was very smooth and I couldn’t have enjoyed my time playing. The staff was very friendly from the pro shop all the way through the outside staff.

This is a different course than Atunyote but is plenty good and not one you want to miss out on.

Highly recommend you check out this property if you are in the area.

Top notch golf Experience

Have played there for years and I always return. They not only provide an exceptional golf experience, but also their star studded top-notch staff and customer service is unmatched. They are committed to provide the best possible customer experience both on and off the course. This year once again they have two courses in the “Top 100” you can play. I moved to the Golf capital of the world, Myrtle Beach a few years ago. I have more choices for golf and club fitting than almost anywhere in the world, yet I return to Verona NY annually for club fittings and to play Atunyote, Kaluhyat, and Shenendoah tracks.

This year during club fittings I worked with Ryan McGinnis a true professional golf fitter. I was determined to buy the new driver a Taylor-Made M-5 or Callaway Epic Flash. Ryan worked for over an hour and a half , and with his assistance I ended up with new shafts for my two year old driver. I got the distance I needed and was treated not as a “sales goal” but a golfer who wanted game improvement. Golf is a game of integrity and Turning Stone staff delivered again.

I could rave about their courses but I can not match the spot on accolades delivered by the major golf publications. I would like to share a story about their commitment to the experience of great golf. A few years back a friend and I played at the end of the season and just walked on. It was a cold Fall day with rain in the air. Myself and my friend were the only ones crazy enough to be out that day. Signed in to play and was told to wait 30 minutes before I go out. I had no idea why the wait, no one was there. What the staff at Turning Stone had done was send out a full greens maintenance team in front of us, to blow all the leaves off the tee boxes, fairways and greens. (Fall in NY has millions of leaves blowing). They consciously stayed just about a hole and a half in front of us, clearing the way for a great day of golf, despite the weather.

Turning Stone in nothing short of perfection.

Great beautiful course

Was still a little wet but that’s central New York for you in early may. Must play

New York Advisor

Tough track, not for the week hearted

One of the toughest tracks as they come. With a slope rating of 150, most weekend warriors should not be playing from the tips and championship tees. Everything that challenges a player is in this course. Long holes, blind shots, moderately narrow fairways with fescue and native grass will punish you if fairways are missed. There are plenty of force carries over water hazards, marsh, and fescue on most holes. In my opinion the toughest course in the Turning Stone facility because it's the least forgiving off tee shots. Even though it's a tough test, good shots do get rewarded. Since the greens were recently aerated, conditions weren't perfect this day. Staff is super friendly and helpful. The facility has that homey feeling as oppose to the hustle and bustle on a extremely busy muni. Anyway, playing all the courses at Turning Stone is worth the drive. Definitely one of the best tracks that's available to the public.

Boston Advisor

Wow, just wow

What a fantastic golf course. From the Jones layout to the condition of all three facets of the course, tee, fairways and greens to the helpful staff this course is top notch and if you wait until 2pm you can play for only $100 including cart and range. This is not a course for the faint of heart, this is a tough course to play for anyone over a 15 handicap. As we like to say "this is big boy golf". With a nice, fairly wide open par 5 to start you round you can get a false sense about this course. Don't be fool, there are challenges on every hole with forced carries off the tee on almost all 18. If you miss the fairway on any of these holes you will most likely be in grass up to your knees. Watch you ball if it is staying because it won't be easy to fine. This is a top course on my list and I would go back.

One of the toughest courses in New York State

This Robert Trent Jones design is the most challenging of the three superb courses that make up the Turning Stone Resort. The tree-lined layout consists of different elevated fairways and tees and well-guarded greens. It is a shot-makers course.
Bring plenty of golf balls. Beautiful views . Very expensive greens fees. But worth the tariff once and awhile when you want a real golfing experience.

Kaluhya Course

Always enjoy coming back to Turning Stone... Courses are always in fantastic shape. Kaluhya... I can never say it, but I love the challenge it presents. It is a fair test of golf, but you better bring your game.

Request A Vacation Quote From Turning Stone Resort & Casino
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Turning Stone Resort & Casino will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020